Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sweettutu

Chatty Member
She’s doing exactly what everyone says all the oversharer family floggers should do.... not monetising her kids? Hardly holier than thou. The reality is if you are sharing details of your family life on an open social media platform, then you are not as a good parent as someone who doesn’t. She tried to strike a balance between privacy/sharing and found it didn’t really work.... so funny old thing has put her kids ahead of a few thousand strangers who feel entitled to content. All credit to her.

Reactions: 4

Boobingallnight

Perhaps she’s doing things differently now but her videos a year ago were squarely parenting advice and must-have items with aff links. Yes, she was relatively transparent and her kids faces were never shown but if it no longer sits right with her to be a parenting influencer, she should probably take those videos down and stop making money from them. Offering the details of your babies’ incredibly strict routines which go against NHS guidelines and SIDS advice is dangerous. Doesn’t matter if you caveat it with ‘this is what works for us, don’t do as I do if it don’t work for you’. That’s why I unfollowed - when you’re in the murky depths of early motherhood, it’s bad for your mental health to see that rubbish and feel like you should buy the must-have items in the hope that your own baby will be easier as a result of spending over £100 on a Sleepyhead (they won’t).

Attachments

Reactions: 1

Lumpfish

VIP Member
Yes she’s obviously aware she is speaking from a privileged perspective but I do think she does sometimes forgets that majority of people need to work for a living but then she does say that her circle IRL is completely different to her instagram.
The vague stories also a bit odd and remind me of the people that tag themselves in hospital and then wait for everyone to comment saying what’s wrong!
Sounds to me like one of the twins has health issues or ASD but not saying invites speculation which surely impacts on their right to privacy too, may have been better just to keep quiet if not going to disclose.
Also the fact she is so secretive about their names and her husband etc makes it seem like it may be better for her to just step off insta esp if her friends don’t use it and that she’s now not going to share her journey and kind of judge others for doing so? I always find it bizarre when people acknowledge insta is bad for their mental health but stay involved? Attention seeking behaviour.

Reactions: 1

capriallie

VIP Member
I really like Poppy. She always replies to DMs and I felt she offered a much more realistic outlook on how it feels raising twins than some other instamums (such as Fopperholic) but I appreciate she wants to keep them private now. I like that she’s acknowledged that she’s knows she is in a very fortunate position, financially. I missed her posts over Christmas. I wonder what the vague stories were alluding too?? I thought possibly mental health issues or something to do with one of the twins? But just speculation, I could be completely wrong!!

Lumpfish

VIP Member
Lol she’s even deleted the stories now. Might as well just delete the bloody app. She is a bit holier than thou. Reckon someone must have hit the nail on the head with what she was alluding to and she’s panicked and deleted.

Lumpfish

VIP Member
Does anyone here follow Poppy D? Posted some interesting stories today on privacy/instamums...
I agree with some of her comments but do think this one in particular a bit cruel coming from her - someone who is a SAHM living in Chelsea with access to above average disposable income via her husband but I appreciate that she admits it sounds judgemental.

Attachments

Last edited: