Poll: Should a new thread have a roundup of the last one?

When starting a new thread should there be a quick roundup of the last one?

• Yes

Votes: 1,603 85.1%
  • No

Votes: 208 11.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 73 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lolly505

I think anyone moaning that their thread name wasn't used should STFU and be warned :LOL: That kind of behaviour makes people not want to create a thread. If they wanted their own thread name that badly they should have created it themselves..
I've only made one or two threads so I tend to include a shout-out to a title that was good but didn't make it plus the original title if I've had to change it, just in case there's upset. But the thread making fear is real 😅

I thought we had the 'most liked within a thread' button to help people catch up?

I voted yes as sometimes people comment things in relation to someone's stories, but dont always post a screenshot, and that comment leads to a debate or gets quoted quite a lot (I.e - maybe what someone was wearing / cooking / eating / ranting etc) and then the following few pages of that thread is hard to read and follow. A round up of any significant debate that happened in the thread would be useful for people that miss anything

MoiraDingle

I think it’s all relative 🤷🏻‍♀️

There doesn’t need to be a blanket rule. Some threads I’m on have been running for 6 months+ ticking over with general chat, whereas the Hinch ones are done and a new one created within 24 hours some days! For those it would definitely be helpful because keeping up/catching up is like a full time job.

I agree, is it annoying scrolling through the ‘can someone tell me what I’ve missed’ posts so a couple of key points at the beginning of the new thread would be good if there’s been a big scandal/talking point.

admin

Tattle Staff
Staff member
I think that's pretty conclusive.

It's not a rule or anything, but would be a good habit to try to get into.

Now on the first page you'll get the message below the post message box:
As this is the first page of a thread please do give a TLDR / recap of the last thread if you can and if someone hasn't already, thanks : )

So if anyone can write a sentence or two on the first page that would be great :D

coconochanel

VIP Member
I think that's pretty conclusive.

It's not a rule or anything, but would be a good habit to try to get into.

Now on the first page you'll get the message below the post message box:
As this is the first page of a thread please do give a TLDR / recap of the last thread if you can and if someone hasn't already, thanks : )

So if anyone can write a sentence or two on the first page that would be great :D
Ive just done a bit of a round up on who Ali Gordan is in his new thread...didnt take long:LOL:

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Staff member
When you know it time to step away from the internet and spend more time with the cat....

What happens when someone takes the brave move to start a thread.

page 54

new thread!!!! Come on over Guys 😌😌

“Aw I thought my thread suggestion would win, it got 83 likes, thought it would be my first thread, so sad..... LOL!!!!!” (Add the lol so it makes it look like banter. It’s. Not. Fucking. Banter..... Mandy is fucking fuming)

“Yours should have won hun, it was the best suggestion, I thought we go on most liked but obviously not 🙄🙄🙄

“why was yours not chosen!!!!”

“yours got the most votes”

“aw hun, can we change it”

“obviously people don’t read the rules LOL”
(LOL : as above)

“I liked your suggestion better. Can we get it changed @|admin”

“that suggestion was on page 10, I chose from where the prompt is, sorry @|admin @|helen can you help out, sorry! I should have left it LOL” (I’m not fucking lol’ing)

“WELL I WOULD HAVE REPOSTED IT IF I’D KNOWN, SHOULD WE NOT ALL DECIDE TOGETHER”

“Yeah we should, or one person who’s a regular member should make the new thread”

“it was over by 4 pages and nobody else did it sooooooo.”

“this used to be a nice place but I think its time I left, ThEre ArE a FeW wHo tHiNk tHeY Own tHe tHreAd aNd iTs Not tHe sAmE aNyMore”

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
When you know it time to step away from the internet and spend more time with the cat....

page 54

“Aw I thought my thread suggestion would win, it got 83 likes, thought it would be my first thread, so sad..... LOL!!!!!” (Add the lol so it makes it look like banter. It’s. Not. Fucking. Banter..... Mandy is fucking fuming)

“Yours should have won hun, it was the best suggestion, I thought we go on most liked but obviously not 🙄🙄🙄

“that suggestion was on page 10, I chose from where the prompt is, sorry @|admin @|helen can you help out, sorry! I should have left it LOL” (I’m not fucking lol’ing)

“Yeah we should, or one person who’s a regular member should make the new thread”

“this used to be a nice place but I think its time I left, ThEre ArE a FeW wHo tHiNk tHeY Own tHe tHreAd aNd iTs Not tHe sAmE aNyMore”
🤣 anyone commenting that shit should get an immediate ban 😜

coconochanel

VIP Member
I think anyone moaning that their thread name wasn't used should STFU and be warned :LOL: That kind of behaviour makes people not want to create a thread. If they wanted their own thread name that badly they should have created it themselves..
Ive had that today the Lydia thread was over 1000 posts no one was making a new thread so I looked back through some pages didnt see any good title suggestions so I did one. Then someone starts moaning so and so said a good suggestion on page 47...sorry but I havent got time to go back through all the bloody pages! If you have a title suggestion could you post it near the end of the thread.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Ive had that today the Lydia thread was over 1000 posts no one was making a new thread so I looked back through some pages didnt see any good title suggestions so I did one. Then someone starts moaning so and so said a good suggestion on page 47...sorry but I havent got time to go back through all the bloody pages! If you have a title suggestion could you post it near the end of the thread.
Click on 'most liked posts' at the top of the thread and the thread title suggestions normally show in the first few pages. That's what I do now since they added that function.

MaxieMoo

Chatty Member

page 54

Think it should be compulsory for you to do a brief overview on every thread like you used to do on ? Lydia Milen. Not only would it tell me all I needed to know but it would have me in absolute hysterics.

AdBlock Detected

Please disable your adblocker to use tattle

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks