Plus size Jeans

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please help! Im a size 18-20 and only 5ft1! I’m currently doing slimming world and loosing weight but i really struggle with jeans! I had to buy a size 22 as was the only size left in the design I liked and they are big and just look unkempt! I find different sizes in all different brands and shops!

Any suggestions welcome please 🥰

Reactions: 1
Have you ever tried maternity jeans? Just for now until sizing gets a bit easier. Jean's are often a difficult one.
Good luck with your weight loss!

M and S and Next go upto a size 24. I get their skinny jeans and I'm a size 18. Have you tried the Jeggings from Next they have a lot of stretch in them.

M&S jeggings definitely! They’re long lasting and look just like jeans but comfy waistband.
I’ve also had success with river island jeans (their plus size range) I’m the same size as you 🙂

• Heart
M & S jeggings are my wardrobe staple, and I love that they come in short, regular and long lengths. I always get the long and it allows for any shrinking in the dryer! Think I've got around 12 pairs in varying colours.....

Matalan’s plus size jeggings are really good, I also like New Look’s ‘Jenna’ range of jeans.

Next have a lot of great styles for plus-size. I have short legs so always have to take them up, but even then they don't lose their shape.

When I was a size 20 I lived in primark jeans, people always think primark is crappy quality but I have pairs of primark jeans in my wardrobe from 8 years ago that are fine (albeit now too big for me 😅). And for the price you can’t go wrong really. If you have a YOURS or a ROMAN store near you I’ve had jeans from there which fit well and have lasted.

I really feel your pain though as I find jeans so hard to wear and so varied in sizing - at the moment despite being a size 14 I have jeans in a size 14, 16 and 18 all from different stores, all of which fit me in different ways, e.g. one size 18 pair is baggy on the arse but another one fits me quite snugly on the stomach, but another is a size 14 and fits perfectly, but another one is a 16, fits fine on my stomach and legs but gives me a cameltoe 🙄 and on and on and on.

To echo a few PPs jeggings can be pretty comfortable as can leggings but in my experience they never stay up on my stomach and I’m constantly having to jiggle and pull them up. 🥴

Reactions: 2
When I was a size 20 I lived in primark jeans, people always think primark is crappy quality but I have pairs of primark jeans in my wardrobe from 8 years ago that are fine (albeit now too big for me 😅). And for the price you can’t go wrong really. If you have a YOURS or a ROMAN store near you I’ve had jeans from there which fit well and have lasted.

I really feel your pain though as I find jeans so hard to wear and so varied in sizing - at the moment despite being a size 14 I have jeans in a size 14, 16 and 18 all from different stores, all of which fit me in different ways, e.g. one size 18 pair is baggy on the arse but another one fits me quite snugly on the stomach, but another is a size 14 and fits perfectly, but another one is a 16, fits fine on my stomach and legs but gives me a cameltoe 🙄 and on and on and on.

To echo a few PPs jeggings can be pretty comfortable as can leggings but in my experience they never stay up on my stomach and I’m constantly having to jiggle and pull them up. 🥴
I agree about jeggings, I always feel like I’m pulling them up even if they fit pretty well. I prefer a proper pair of jeans for plus size.

I really love the Dorothy Perkins jeggings, I think Eden style size 18. They're the only ones I don't have to pull up constantly altho they do bunch with extra material at the bottom. But for jeans with a zip and button definitely primark! I know obviously not rn but they also do 28inch leg which is perfect for me, also 5ft 1 x

M&S jeans are variable from one hanger to the next; I found the jeggings were big on my thighs and massive on the back waist, but were uncomfortably tight on the calves.

Primark, however, are great. Just wish they were available now. And that they did more high waisted over the flab ones.

There is one trick, though - if you get standard length but 7/8 design, they are perfect full length for a 27-29" inside leg.

Please help! Im a size 18-20 and only 5ft1! I’m currently doing slimming world and loosing weight but i really struggle with jeans! I had to buy a size 22 as was the only size left in the design I liked and they are big and just look unkempt! I find different sizes in all different brands and shops!

Any suggestions welcome please 🥰
I wear skinny jeans from Next and I vary from a size 16, to an 18.

I think the time has now come for clothes manufacturers to do half/in between sizes, especially with jeans and trousers in general.

I wear skinny jeans from Next and I vary from a size 16, to an 18.

I think the time has now come for clothes manufacturers to do half/in between sizes, especially with jeans and trousers in general.
Next do half sizes in some things, i have some trousers & jeans in a 15