Plus Size Influencers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Iā€™m not really shocked when Walt Disney was supposed to have been an anti-Semite but that aside they definitely didnā€™t do their due diligence on this one šŸ™ƒ
Well other times/other education and W. Disney has been dead for 54 years anyway. SY lives in the 21th century, she has less excuses. Probably more ignorance than anything but still.

Reactions: 2
Well other times/other education and W. Disney has been dead for 54 years anyway. SY lives in the 21th century, she has less excuses. Probably more ignorance than anything but still.
Oh of course! I donā€™t think itā€™s that deep but it did spring to mind for some reason šŸ˜‚

she quietly let her problem be swept under the carpet, all this ā€œIā€™m learningā€ - yet I doubt sheā€™s mentioned anti semitism again

It pisses me off when influencers go quiet after being called out for something and everyone just moves on and forgets

Reactions: 3
She is ranting about this now on insta which is funny because she never had an issue with the 'activist' label before.
She can talk, I wonder how many Jewish people/influencer/activists she used as a ā€œmuleā€ to correct her anti-semitism

I however enjoyed the subtle dig at The Slumflower at the end talking about activism not supposed to be self-serving šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

She is ranting about this now on insta which is funny because she never had an issue with the 'activist' label before.
I think sheā€™s trying to distance herself from being a former self proclaimed body posi advocate because itā€™s no longer profitable for her. This was all very okay when she was promoting her book, going on Lorraine and ITV news to discuss the experiences of the entire Black plus size community šŸ“– šŸ˜‚

Since rightly being challenged for her anti-Semitism - where are the updates of this learning?! more like crickets šŸ¦— - and removal from Grazia, her content has declined significantly. Now sheā€™s spinning this into ā€˜donā€™t label me an activist, Iā€™m just an influencer with a platformā€™ šŸ„±šŸ„±

How does someone with 225k followers consistently generate less than <10k likes anyway, even on a ā€˜viralā€™ post?

Reactions: 7
A lot of this has gone completely over my head because I don't follow any other accounts like hers but I knew something was up when she went on yet another self-serving rant and taking some sort of moral stance. Even without knowing the background to this, it is utterly absurd that she is trying to now distance herself from the word 'activist' when she was clearly ok with it when it served her. Now she's just an influencer?? Oh please.

ChloeinCurve thinks a mother helping her child lose weight because of medical issues amounts to abuse, fine you can disagree with her journeying it on Tiktok but reporting her to social services is way over the top, stop taking everything personally.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
ChloeinCurve thinks a mother helping her child lose weight because of medical issues amounts to abuse, fine you can disagree with her journeying it on Tiktok but reporting her to social services is way over the top, stop taking everything personally.
What??? Where did you read this?

Wow, pretty sure social services have far more important stuff to deal with. Distasteful yes, abuse no

Reactions: 1
I think itā€™s slightly fucked up posting your childā€™s weightloss journey online but to report them to social services is just disgusting too. But I havenā€™t seen it šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.