Plum app

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone used this app? Bit worried that it is linked to my bank and it uses a direct debit to withdraw funds.

Reactions: 1
I was and loved it but then it was no longer compatible with my bank account so I’ve moved over to Chip which is essentially the same and I love that too! Martin Lewis has done investigations into them and he recommends them and says they’re safe so that was good enough for me

Really interested by this!! Anyone else use this?
I started using it last year. Since last jan I saved a total of £1700. I took a good whack out to help pay for xmas but I’ve got £400 odd left for holiday spends for Feb. This is on top of normal savings - you can set whether you want it to boost and save more or slow down and save less but because I save anyway I just have it on normal. Most of the time I rarely notice the money going out of my account.

I’ve never had a problem getting my money back. It used to take 2 days but is now usually the same day. If there’s ever going to be a day where it won’t be a quick they let you know well in advance! I’d recommend it.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve just signed up to this in the last 2 weeks. Looking forward to see what it can do for me. My bank does not have a ‘round up’ option so I’ve opted in for this. I’ve just changed myself from normal to shy. Just playing around for the next few weeks to see what happens (have £39.97 so far).

I’ll be honest I have both plum and chip...I prefer chips so much easier, the saving it does it instant (by 3pm the same day) plum takes up to 5 working days to deposit it into the app which is a pain. Chip is far easier, moneys in the same day, saves are very 5 days or so if your on the normal saving route. No issues with withdrawing. I struggled with money a few weeks back, plum had taken money from my bank but I had to wait almost 6 days for it to clear into plum before I could take it back out. Also constantly sending notifications...so annoying. I’m closing my plum account and sticking with chip. Also with chip plenty of promo codes if you google that give you £10 free after two auto saves have been made

I’ll be honest I have both plum and chip...I prefer chips so much easier, the saving it does it instant (by 3pm the same day) plum takes up to 5 working days to deposit it into the app which is a pain. Chip is far easier, moneys in the same day, saves are very 5 days or so if your on the normal saving route. No issues with withdrawing. I struggled with money a few weeks back, plum had taken money from my bank but I had to wait almost 6 days for it to clear into plum before I could take it back out. Also constantly sending notifications...so annoying. I’m closing my plum account and sticking with chip. Also with chip plenty of promo codes if you google that give you £10 free after two auto saves have been made
I had noticed it has taken 48hrs for the money to go from my bank to plum. Hasn’t been an issue yet but still early days. Did you use chip and plum at the same time or over separate periods?

I had noticed it has taken 48hrs for the money to go from my bank to plum. Hasn’t been an issue yet but still early days. Did you use chip and plum at the same time or over separate periods?
I have used chip since December but recently signed up to plum to see what was better. I much prefer chip, you can stop a transfer if need be or increase/reduce the amount of the auto save too. Chip seems to be a smoother process