Please help - Vinted. Wrong item sent.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi folks.

thishas never happened before. I bought an item - a soft toy - and received a pair of boots instead. Has anyone been in this situation before? I have raised an issue and sent proof. Carrier is evri.

annoyingly I have to send back incorrect item at my expense (!). I’d like to get the item I paid for but of course chances are this has went to someone else. The seller is genuine, I have bought from her before.

thank you

this happened to me a few months ago, i got in contact with the seller and the person who'd received my item (and i hers) and we asked the seller to reimburse us for the shipping costs. it required a lot of trust between us but i eventually got my item, she hers and the seller reimbursed us for the cost.
when you file the complaint/report with vinted there's an option which says something like: came to an agreement and there i wrote that the seller had agreed to pay for shipping costs.

Thank you. I’m afraid I’m not that trusting. The only option to me is getting my money back now. Too many unknowns re whether I’ll ever get what I paid for. Do you think I’d get a refund if I send the boots back?

Thank you. I’m afraid I’m not that trusting. The only option to me is getting my money back now. Too many unknowns re whether I’ll ever get what I paid for. Do you think I’d get a refund if I send the boots back?
If you do it tracked postage then yea because you have proof you’ve returned it.

Yeah it looks as if that is my only option meaning I pay for someone else’s screw up argh. I’ll need to wait for seller to give me the correct address to send back to I suppose.

Yeah it looks as if that is my only option meaning I pay for someone else’s screw up argh. I’ll need to wait for seller to give me the correct address to send back to I suppose.
you could just resell the boots on your vinted page, there's no rules against that!

I did this,mixed up labels. I paid for both sets of return postage as it was my mistake. Ended up out of pocket but I’ve not made the same mistake again!

Heard from the seller - she’s being really good about it. A relief and I appreciate it. Vinted is like this - only as good as the folks behind it I guess.

Reactions: 1