Plastic free Christmas presents

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone bought something that's a good plastic free gift?

The top toys are always plastic tat that takes thousands of years to decompose.

I've got 8 young neices and nephews and am not going to buy them anything plastic this year

Reactions: 1
I’ve bought a wooden play kitchen and wooden food sets/accessories to go with it for littlest (2). I’ll admit it’s harder to buy plastic-free for eldest (4) as he is obsessed with Hot Wheels tracks and sets at the moment. He does have a lot of wooden train sets already though (not BRIO, cheaper versions).

Reactions: 1
Melissa and Doug toys are always nice - wooden trains/kitchen/food, cars, crafty bits and pieces, puppets. It gets harder for older children - sweets, magazine subscription?

Reactions: 2
IKEA have lovely wood or felt toys for children. Also, idk of they have these in the UK, but Lincoln Log sets are great, as are wooden train sets. If you search "Montessori wood toys" on Amazon there are many non-plastic options.

Aldi have a really good range of wooden toys in at the moment, or they have over the past week or so. We've bought a lot of books and clothes this year. We've bought some plastic toys but my son is into cars and dinosaurs so it's hard to avoid, but I'm definitely trying to cut it right back!