Planting Flowers, Fruit & Veg

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well today it didn’t rain so after all of our seedlings getting blown over in the flimsy plastic greenhouse thanks to the wind, we decided to just go and plant everything out and hope for the the best!
So green beans, courgettes and beetroot went in today, fingers crossed!!
also how jealous am I of our neighbours rhubarb, it’s massive!
*edit - just cropped my photo cos didn’t realise bf was half in it - not that you can probably identify someone from their leg but you never know 😂
View attachment 585857
Ooh your gonna have a lot of courgettes!

Reactions: 2
Ooh your gonna have a lot of courgettes!
i know 🙄 I only wanted to put 2 plants in cos we had 3 last year and honestly just never wanted to see another courgette ever again.
I did 2 different varieties all nicely labelled, but my boyfriend mixed them up when repotting them so now we don’t know which ones are which until they start growing... One might accidentally die once I know haha.

• Haha
Your potatoes look great! I’m attempting sweet peas this year, mine don’t look as good as yours yet!
I have possibly planted too many potatoes 🤣

Sweetpeas I've just put outside, wish I'd left them inside a little longer cos they seem to have come to a standstill.

The Kohlrabi and courgette will be coming out of their pots, but I'm out of compost 🤣

Reactions: 1
I have possibly planted too many potatoes 🤣

Sweetpeas I've just put outside, wish I'd left them inside a little longer cos they seem to have come to a standstill.

The Kohlrabi and courgette will be coming out of their pots, but I'm out of compost 🤣
My sweet peas have come to a standstill too. This weather is very frustrating.

Reactions: 3
hi guys! Hope you don't mind me jumping in but has anyone ever successfully grown an avocado tree? I'm attempting to do it now but I think I'm gonna need a lot of patience 🥑
I've grown one from a stone to about 2 years old and it suddenly got ill and died :( be super patient when you're waiting for the little white taproot. Mine too about 4 weeks the first time!

Careful not to over water because the leaves will become papery.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've grown one from a stone to about 2 years old and it suddenly got ill and died :( be super patient when you're waiting for the little white taproot. Mine too about 4 weeks the first time!

Careful not to over water because the leaves will become papery.
oh wow, this is amazing but also sad at the same time! Thanks for the tips! Are you gonna try and regrow another?

• Heart
oh wow, this is amazing but also sad at the same time! Thanks for the tips! Are you gonna try and regrow another?
No worries. I've tried to grow another but it's had no success 🙁 It's funny because the photo I shared is from when I lived in a flat no garden. I always had more success with them there haha

• Haha
Is everyone enjoying the lovely weather in the garden? I have finally planted out all of my bean and pea plants that I have grown from seed and my sweet peas are shooting up well. It is almost too hot to want to be out in the garden for too long!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Is everyone enjoying the lovely weather in the garden? I have finally planted out all of my bean and pea plants that I have grown from seed and my sweet peas are shooting up well. It is almost too hot to want to be out in the garden for too long!
It was freezing this morning foggy and overcast. Now it's so hot I'm struggling with doing stuff in the garden

I'm not growing food this year only some strawberries and a few herbs. Been hanging out my baskets, they are so heavy lifting them is a problem and I wince when I put them on the hooks, Also putting lights up. me and wires don't mix, I knit cardies when I vacuum , so flimsy wires in decorative lights it's like me crocheting baby blankets :(

Reactions: 1
Ive just moved into a house with a decent garden. But wow, did the previous owner love mint. Got 3 big pots of it!

• Haha
The slugs have had a good munch on the courgettes, I don’t think I saw a single slug at the allotment last summer thanks to the dry weather!
Im not great with flowers so my dad grows flowers for hanging baskets for me - they’re finally perking up after hating all the rain.
looks like the first few roses will come out this week too - the bees will be happy!
D9DA3F00-5C59-4DC5-B7F4-8210AFF3A1D1.jpeg
36CFC5F2-947A-48FD-94C0-0031CE4A00A7.jpeg

• Heart
Feeling quite annoyed this afternoon. I had a terracotta pot that I had bought 2nd hand from the recycling centre a few years ago and had used it the last few years to plant sunflowers in. I placed it last weekend in the front garden against the trellis on a fence where I had placed the pot the last few years. The sunflower was getting strong and tall but not huge yet. I went out in the garden this afternoon and did a double take thinking where has that sunflower in the pot gone? Did I move it somewhere else?

I think during the night some one has stolen it! It was beside a wall to the road but the wall is quite high. It wasnt even a particularly nice pot so I don't really understand why someone would take it. I'm annoyed because it was something I had grown from seed in a pot that I rescued from the dump but also annoyed that someone would take someone's property and now wondering if any of my pots are safe. Did they get a boost up to grab it or walk around and up the drive? If they had walked up the drive surely they would have taken some of the other prettier and more expensive plants like the lily. Sunflowers are not unusual in the slightest. It wasnt even a particularly nice pot! I had painted the pot yellow a few years ago and it needed repainting and was a bit grubby. I can only assume they just did it for a laugh and it was easy to grab🤷🏻‍♀️ though would have been a bit heavy. But why my pot? There are other gardens with pots in that are easier to grab further up the road.

I'm just glad they didn't take some poor child's sunflower that they were really excited to watch growing.

I know it's only a bloody plant pot but I'm annoyed 😡

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 5