A Pinch of Nom - Kay Featherstone and Kate Allinson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to say I love their recipes and have their book. What i can't understand is why they are extremely obese? Not in a mean way, just a curious way because they aren't a little bit chubby they are dangerously morbidly obese. You wouldnt take diet, health or exercise advice from a morbidly obese person would you?:unsure::unsure: They are making a lot of money from this and it seems very odd to me.
Totally disagree with you, two overweight women encouraging people not to end up where they are maybe?

I'm morbidly obese and I'd love nothing more to work with overweight kids. As a child I was forced in to see half a dozen stick thin dieticians up until the age of 13. I used to sit pretending to listen to them and take absolutely notice whatsoever , my regular thought was you don't have a clue. I had no respect for them. At 14 I went to a slimming club run by a lady called Ivy. At her heaviest she'd weighed 28st, she had a big cardboard cut out of herself at her heaviest at the front of the room, she was down to 15st when I joined. I worshipped the woman, she got through to me like nobody else could, she understood what it was like to be me. I was gutted when 3 months later she was diagnosed with terminal cancer and she left.

People who are in or have been in the same boat have an empathy and understanding that you don't get from somebody that has never been there.

Reactions: 15
Totally disagree with you, two overweight women encouraging people not to end up where they are maybe?

I'm morbidly obese and I'd love nothing more to work with overweight kids. As a child I was forced in to see half a dozen stick thin dieticians up until the age of 13. I used to sit pretending to listen to them and take absolutely notice whatsoever , my regular thought was you don't have a clue. I had no respect for them. At 14 I went to a slimming club run by a lady called Ivy. At her heaviest she'd weighed 28st, she had a big cardboard cut out of herself at her heaviest at the front of the room, she was down to 15st when I joined. I worshipped the woman, she got through to me like nobody else could, she understood what it was like to be me. I was gutted when 3 months later she was diagnosed with terminal cancer and she left.

People who are in or have been in the same boat have an empathy and understanding that you don't get from somebody that has never been there.
I disagree with your rationale here completely. I do agree that someone having walked in your shoes who gives advice can be an inspiring influence, but they haven’t overcome their demons, what makes them qualified to give advice to others on doing so? That’s like an NHS Quit Smoking Advisor who smokes 40 a day whilst preaching to others, they’ve struggled with the habit so they’ll have empathy, but clearly their advice isn’t working or they’d be successfully doing it themselves. That’s not inspiring it’s hypocritical.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I disagree with your rationale here completely. I do agree that someone having walked in your shoes who gives advice can be an inspiring influence, but they haven’t overcome their demons, what makes them qualified to give advice to others on doing so? That’s like an NHS Quit Smoking Advisor who smokes 40 a day whilst preaching to others, they’ve struggled with the habit so they’ll have empathy, but clearly their advice isn’t working or they’d be successfully doing it themselves. That’s not inspiring it’s hypocritical.
Refer also to swfeebs thread! 🤘do as I say and not as I do just doesn’t work does it. Completely agree with you

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I stumbled across this thread cos I’m still unsure on PON, I didn’t know anything about what’s been said. I love CC, been reading them for years ! Has anyone listened to The Secret World of Slimming Clubs podcast? They take the piss out of the plan and each other. It’s really funny!
I do. It's our local radio breakfast presenter and friends. They are really funny. #guesswhosnaileddieting 😂

Reactions: 7
I do. It's our local radio breakfast presenter and friends. They are really funny. #guesswhosnaileddieting 😂
I listened to a couple of episodes when it started, and liked the episode where they talked about partners eating junk, but I can’t listen to any more of the incredibly loud manic laughing all four of them do all the way through it. I’m very surprised that at least one of them is a professional radio host. I prefer the Slimming World Podcast, it’s very relatable and professionally made, and as one of them is a consultant I like that its quite serious and they stick to the official line about the SW plan (even though I’m not on it as when I tried it all it did was make me totally obsessed with food, which I’m not normally, and fat avoidance, which was horrible).

Reactions: 2
I thought they were sisters but they are a couple. Just googled them and the article says they lost 14st between them in a year, which is a tremendous amount, but how big must they have been beforehand? 🙈

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I looked at the book but it was more or less what I cook every day anyway just making it up as I go along so I saved my money. If I’d bought it I’d feel conned using it, I’d no idea the authors were so overweight, why are they not great examples of what their recipes can supposedly do to help weightloss? But then again, the more I see of SW, the less surprising that is.

My god!! I didn't know what they looked like so I've just googled their photo!! Are you kidding me!!

These people have released a 'healthy eating' book!! Fml!!
Have you ever seen a slimming world consultant ?
I wish I could like this twice, I joined SW a month ago- couldn’t work out why my consultant was borderline obese!

I also bought this book, feel totally suckered!!!!

• Haha
I stumbled across this thread cos I’m still unsure on PON, I didn’t know anything about what’s been said. I love CC, been reading them for years ! Has anyone listened to The Secret World of Slimming Clubs podcast? They take the piss out of the plan and each other. It’s really funny!
That’s my friends podcast!

Wasn’t there 3 of them originally? I swear I remember 3 female chefs who were all starting slimming world together and would take turns to post recipes?

Reactions: 1
I haven't, can you summarise what's up with it,?
It's like listening to a doddery relative who isn't quite sure what they're going to say, but using all the words before they get there. It might be me but some of the humour falls flat too.

Reactions: 2
I feel I’m in the minority but I hate pinch of vom! 2 obese women who spout diet recipes stealing from other people (recipes that is) and riding on the coat tails of another successful business using their format but then play the victim when pulled up on it

Pull the other one
Just the name of it gives me the rage!!!! Hate it!

Reactions: 3