pigeon hanging around.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pigeons live in the trees at the bottom of my garden, no problem with that. Now one has starting going into the garage and car-port. I can walk in there and it doesn't bother it. It's not a homing pigeon that is lost or anything just a normal wild pigeon. It can walk and fly so it's not injured. I've just been to have another look that its still there, yes it is and it's sat on a paint can. Has anyone any idea what it is doing and why?

Hmm! I'd be thinking it was ill in some way. Generally not normal behaviour for a bird.

Lots of avian pox about but could equally be just a mild infection.

How lively it is will tell you if it's healthy.

I'm no expert but had a sick pigeon in my garden a few weeks back. Took it to the wildlife hospital but it had to be put down as it had Avian pox. This was pretty obvious though as it was struggling to breathe.,

If it isn't active it would be worth looking up wildlife hospitals local to you.

Reactions: 2
I had one a few weeks back. It had been blown into one of my windows (perfect imprint of its chest & wings till the window cleaner came). It was a bit shocked is all, it pottered about for a couple of days down the bottom of the garden, I fed it some seed on the floor & kept an eye on it, it was fine & eventually went back into the trees next door.

Thanks for the replies. I've had a chat to a pigeon keeper, he's offered to come and wring its neck.o_O It was there earlier, seems to have spent the night perched on a hammer from the piles it's generously left behind but its gone for now but I'm sure it will be back later. I've got a few numbers to phone anyway.