Phoebe Court #3 Woe is me, I’m so poor, but have an aga, playground and 2nd floor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hopefully done this right - not done one before. And thanks to me 😂 for the thread suggestion.

Reactions: 14
Link to her adventure playground, it’s only about a grand... I’ll take 5! So relatable 😩

Reactions: 2
That’s a grand for the kit, plus then installation, turning half your garden into a park ect. It’s lovely and why not if you have the space and can afford it. Just don’t complain about debt at the same time.

Reactions: 13
She’s not in debt, not as a household. She just has a boyfriend that keeps a tight hold on his earned money and she has a lemonade income with Lambrini spending aspirations! They won’t go without holidays, expensive days out, food, expensive toys etc as her boyfriend will buy them. She just can’t keep up with the IG Jones with unnecessary spending that’s all

Reactions: 10
She’s not in debt, not as a household. She just has a boyfriend that keeps a tight hold on his earned money and she has a lemonade income with Lambrini spending aspirations! They won’t go without holidays, expensive days out, food, expensive toys etc as her boyfriend will buy them. She just can’t keep up with the IG Jones with unnecessary spending that’s all
This is exactly it. All the things that got her in 'debt' were because she was buying things she probably told Jim she had the money for. When I'm actual fact, she was getting them all on finance and using her overdraft.
I'd presume that's how it was considering Jim didn't know about any of it.
He's the one that pays for the holidays and all the things like the climbing frame ect

Reactions: 3
She’s probably also trying to keep up with him financially. He’s a bank manager, he will earn close to 6 figures whereas she will earn 20-30k max. She’s keeping up with the Jones’s with her own boyfriend, god knows why.

Reactions: 2
She’s probably also trying to keep up with him financially. He’s a bank manager, he will earn close to 6 figures whereas she will earn 20-30k max. She’s keeping up with the Jones’s with her own boyfriend, god knows why.
I know a bank manager and they earn nothing like near 6 figures! I think it’s about 35-40k, so still a fantastic wage! Of course this will depend on which bank you work for, size of branch etc.

Does one day a week at SW really earn 20-30k a year?!

I think he just doesn’t support the silly IG, being a bank manager he is probably more cautious and careful with his spending, likes to have an emergency fund etc rather than blow it all on spices, wax melts and overpriced chocolate!

Reactions: 10
I know a bank manager and they earn nothing like near 6 figures! I think it’s about 35-40k, so still a fantastic wage! Of course this will depend on which bank you work for, size of branch etc.

I think he just doesn’t support the silly IG, being a bank manager he is probably more cautious and careful with his spending, likes to have an emergency fund etc rather than blow it all on spices, wax melts and overpriced chocolate!
She also works for another company (well did) not sure she does now she’s had Herbie. It all depends what she means as bank manager, is he Just a manager of a store branch or is he a bank manager for say HSBC in head office etc. All can be interpreted in different ways. Tbh I couldn’t give a tit either way but she definitely can’t plead poverty 😂

I agree, bank managers are normally around 40k.

She runs a meeting every day I believe or almost every day but still wouldn't be that much! Nowhere near!

Reactions: 1
Hopefully done this right - not done one before. And thanks to me 😂 for the thread suggestion.
Excellent thread suggestion!

I wonder if the “woe is me finance” thing was actually all about followers? Clemmie Telford has been really open about finances, maybe SWFeebs aspires to be a proper “mummy blogger” and thought that was her way in?
I don’t begrudge her all of the tit she has (though it massively pisses me off seeing all the #gifted stuff she’s had for Herbie) but don’t plead poverty and try to be some sort of money saving expert/saviour - that’s what really winds me up!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
The baby gear she does get gifted is way out of her/most people's price range....the Etta loves Muslins are £26 for a three pack! Twice the price of Aden and Anaïs and they're expensive as it is! She really tries to live a much wealthier lifestyle than can be possible on their income....center parcs, holidays, extravagant gifts for Vespers birthdays....she's only 2!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.