Phillip Schofield #8 Latest news

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I read somewhere years ago that Philip has invested in lots of property over the years and has become quite wealthy from it.

Reactions: 6
I am near-enough two threads behind all this but caught the end of the last one with the Kim interview on TM. Absolutely brilliant. I’d love her thoughts on all this. I love that she does not brown nose whatsoever. It was clear PS and HW just couldn’t bully boy her on air. I bet she knows a thing or two about ITV cover ups. Well done Kim!
"That's none of your business Phillip" 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 15
My DD attends stage/dance school and the more natural progression for a student is to get into theatre, attend auditions, do extra work and get part time job in-between. ITV is not really the place for someone who is desperate to become an actor. ITV is good for presenting and reality TV but not it's acting (unless you count Corrie or Emmerdale). If PS had any belief in his talent to become an actor, he could have asked his friends in Corrie or Emmerdale.

BUT my point is ANY stage/dance teacher worth their salt would've explained that acting or presenting is hard work and it doesn't happen overnight. Continue with being an extra, doing auditions and doing small theatre productions, holiday camps etc. Work their way up!

If a presenting job is wanted, then it's usually a radio job, holiday camps etc

In this case, MM has somehow chosen to 'bypass' everyone else and walked into a runners job with a showreel to show some presenting skills.
But who encouraged him that this was the best way forward? Who influenced him?
Why did SS/PS specifically choose MM out of the others that attended the theatre company?
From my perspective, surely a teacher etc would mentor a group of kids, offer work experience to various young adults...not just one??
These are all great questions. I guess PS’ involvement with the theatre school makes sense due to his stint in stage performances, away from his regular TV presenting career. But then MM decided that he would go down to London to work for ITV and hopefully get on the path to presenting, when you could see acting was his dream. Maybe PS told him acting jobs are easier to come by once you’re already known from the TV. That comment PS wrote like “someone just needs to give you a break” and then MM was like “watch this space”.

Looks like someone giving someone false hope and someone lapping it up

Reactions: 9
I think I read somewhere years ago that Philip has invested in lots of property over the years and has become quite wealthy from it.
That’s true. There was a court case a while back that one of the staff overseeing his property portfolio had been embezzling money from it.
Can’t remember the outcome.

Reactions: 7
Hi, new posting here but having been watching these threads since it all started. I really hope nothing untoward is going on because it makes me feel quite sick, but at the same time nothing adds up.
I've just been looking at PS and Steph's appointments with Companies House. March 2019 (around the time some "stuff" was happening?) they set up a company called Fistral Properties Ltd together. As a wife who had supposedly just been discovering her husband is gay, it's a bit of an odd thing to do, isn't it? Just something else that ties in with them knowing all along, and putting on a "show" of happy families. Their other company is Fistral Productions Ltd - that's where a lot of cash is and they have a business management company running that, it looks like.
‘Fistral’

odd name 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 27
The business management company (accountants) I just mentioned, is owned by a Patrick Savage, who is also a director at James Grant Ltd (now YM&U). As the Fistral name is one of YMU, the Fistral Properties must be at the advice of YMU too, which means last year they already knew something was going to happen.
What I am trying to put across, albeit very badly, is that even if PS has a property portfolio somewhere, why all of a sudden make a new company for it, at the same time that rumours are circulating in the media. At the end of the day, everything in their world is about money. The management group and PS will be protecting their money. So they knew, a long time ago, something will be surfacing, so they need to arrange their assets. These big guys (YMU directors) are constantly making new companies left, right and centre, to distribute their cash to get the most from it. And they would be advised to do so before they are just about to lose out.

Reactions: 18
These are all great questions. I guess PS’ involvement with the theatre school makes sense due to his stint in stage performances, away from his regular TV presenting career. But then MM decided that he would go down to London to work for ITV and hopefully get on the path to presenting, when you could see acting was his dream. Maybe PS told him acting jobs are easier to come by once you’re already known from the TV. That comment PS wrote like “someone just needs to give you a break” and then MM was like “watch this space”.

Looks like someone giving someone false hope and someone lapping it up
I agree but what I'm struggling with, is that alot of other kids in a theatre school have the same dream.
Surely, if you work in a theatre or theatre school then you are surrounded by young people with this passion and dream. PS/SS must have had plenty of young people ask the same advice!
What I can't understand was why it's just MM...why was he chosen? Why did PS who knew him since being young, not tell him the reality of it all instead of selling a dream. This is what I would be questioning. This is why I think that this was nothing innocent.

I don't know...if MM was persistent then he must have been desperate for a shot at fame. This desperation opened him up to being easily influenced and left vulnerable.

As I said, any teacher worth their salt would have them work hard and apply for their chosen career route - not allow them to be influenced by a TV star and just walk straight into it.

Reactions: 10
In reply to an old post on last thread regarding John Leslie......

I know JL, or did years ago and was part of his social scene back in the day when it all kicked off for him. Friday nights were legendary at his house....was he a predator? No. A sexual abuser? No. He was a young man in the public eye who literally had fame hungry girls throwing themselves at his feet everywhere we went. He was nothing more than a bit of a playboy, could get a bit boisterous after a night out and who threw himself into that lifestyle. But the real JL was an extremely generous nice guy, would give you the shirt off his back and was actually quite shy and a little awkward! The way he has been vilified and his life ruined (and that of his extremely lovely parents) is tragic. He opened up his house with generosity , got a bit carried away in the lifestyle but there was nothing sinister at all, and I was around him a lot. Don’t believe everything you read peeps! Although saying that, I do have a diff vibe from PS......
I know a lot about him too as he was in TVwhwn I was running about though neber worked with him I mwt a few who,have and a few who knows him as a flirt etc...he sees a typical man who flirts and perhaps is a bit too sleeazy but not sensible enough to realise that behaviour gets you into trouble
That’s true. There was a court case a while back that one of the staff overseeing his property portfolio had been embezzling money from it.
Can’t remember the outcome.
OR at least thats the story thays been feed to us public. Could be just another way to coverup the real story.
Its just how deep the lies can go thats why celebs have these PR firms. Who heard of PR 30 years ago.
Now theres Crisis PR which is literally panic mode for deeper secrets and lies.

If you have £££ you can paint yourself into an angel.

Reactions: 6
Hello, I am new here and have tried to keep up with all the info - but I haven't managed to discover what the connection to Carol McGiffin is. Could someone please explain ?
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 12
Don’t expect PS enjoyed his normal activities last night (being a Friday)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Can't wait to see all these z list celebs go back on their words once the truth is out. We all know something is coming.
I’m so glad I’m cynical. It’s embarrassing the way people are saying how brave he is and when this does come out, they’re going to look like absolute fools. I knew straight away something was dodgy! You don’t randomly decide to come out gay, especially when it was well known within the showbiz world anyway. People are so silly.

Reactions: 24
Hi, new posting here but having been watching these threads since it all started. I really hope nothing untoward is going on because it makes me feel quite sick, but at the same time nothing adds up.
I've just been looking at PS and Steph's appointments with Companies House. March 2019 (around the time some "stuff" was happening?) they set up a company called Fistral Properties Ltd together. As a wife who had supposedly just been discovering her husband is gay, it's a bit of an odd thing to do, isn't it? Just something else that ties in with them knowing all along, and putting on a "show" of happy families. Their other company is Fistral Productions Ltd - that's where a lot of cash is and they have a business management company running that, it looks like.
It is a very tax-efficient way of keeping properties you own in what is effectively a holding company. A friend of ours owns four flats nearby that are rented out and they are in a holding company he was advised to set up by his IFA.

Reactions: 8
I disagree with the JL view, I was at lots of parties with him in Edinburgh at the height of his fame and I most certainly would describe him as a predator.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
In reply to an old post on last thread regarding John Leslie......

I know JL, or did years ago and was part of his social scene back in the day when it all kicked off for him. Friday nights were legendary at his house....was he a predator? No. A sexual abuser? No. He was a young man in the public eye who literally had fame hungry girls throwing themselves at his feet everywhere we went. He was nothing more than a bit of a playboy, could get a bit boisterous after a night out and who threw himself into that lifestyle. But the real JL was an extremely generous nice guy, would give you the shirt off his back and was actually quite shy and a little awkward! The way he has been vilified and his life ruined (and that of his extremely lovely parents) is tragic. He opened up his house with generosity , got a bit carried away in the lifestyle but there was nothing sinister at all, and I was around him a lot. Don’t believe everything you read peeps! Although saying that, I do have a diff vibe from PS......
I find it highly suspicious that you made a new account and your first post is not to talk about the thread topic but to tell everyone what a wonderful guy John Leslie is and how he is completely innocent. This after several people on here have said they have seen him sexually harass young women even in public and one poster says they were harassed themselves.

Ulrika Johnsonn said she was raped by him when 19 (although didn't press charges), then 3 other women came forward in 2003 so allege rape and sexual assault. He was also charged with the sexual assault by another woman in 2019 for which he is due to stand trial in march 2020. Are you calling all these women liars?

So far he hasn't been spend any time in jail, but that says more about the justice system that routinely fails rape victims and has the lowest conviction rate of any crime.

The fact you dismiss his victims as 'fame hungry girls throwing themselves at him' is classic victim blaming and one of the reasons women (and men) are often scared to speak up. People like you support rape culture which enables the perpetrators to get away with their crimes.

We must believe and support the victims when they come forward. You should be ashamed of your comment.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 101
I’m a pretty relaxed person and not generally inclined to believe most internet gossip or indulge in conspiracy theories, but the most damning thing for me in this case is the lack of response from Schofield’s ITV colleagues.

Take Piers Morgan for example. He’s been tweeting away regularly every day since this story broke and people have been tweeting him directly with the allegations and asking him for the truth. It would take him all of two minutes to completely end this by saying “I’m aware of the scurrilous rumours circulating about my friend Philip and I can tell you unequivocally that there is NO GAGGING ORDER and no foundation to these disgusting lies. I’m sorry to have to even address such rubbish and all of those giving credence to this nonsense should be ashamed of themselves”.

So where is that denial? From any of them? The silence is deafening. If my mate was having these kinds of stories circulating and I knew them to be untrue I wouldn’t keep silent about it.

Popbitch suggested that the lack of MSM stories was more likely down to editors being wary of breaching bullying or invasion of privacy guidelines than the existence of a gagging order, but that doesn’t tally with the absence of denials elsewhere. For me, Morgan is saying everything that he can. By saying absolutely nothing at all.

On a separate but sort of related note, I saw a random user on Twitter earlier state that “philip schofield never dated an 18 year old it came out that it was fake”. When asked where this statement came from, their response was “dunno him or someone from his college said it wasn’t real and then everyone just forgot about it”. If that’s the best refutation that people inclined to disbelieve the rumours can come up with, they’ve been left clutching at straws.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.