Phillip Schofield #15 Skating on very thin ice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just following up something claimed on the previous thread Re: Caroline Flack. ITV were actually incredibly supportive towards her and allowed her to step down temporarily while she sorted her legal problems. She wasn't fired or thrown under the bus and ITV kept in regular contact with her, offering support whenever needed.
Where is the proof they genuinely supported her? Of course they can make all the right noises and issue statements that it was 'her decision to step down' that they 'we will keep in contact' etc, but in reality she thought her career was over - as her family said on the recent documentary. That doesn't sound like a very supportive employer to me. The Sun said 'they forced her to step down' 'ITV bosses were accused of failing in their duty of care' and sources spoke of the 'crazy double standard' in their treatment of Caroline compared with Ant McPartlin that 'she didn't have a guarantee of getting her job back' and the 'she didn't even have a phone call from ITV bosses'. If such damning accusations were untrue, surely there would be instant rebuttals?

In addition, her industry peers seemed to know this to be true as well:

Amanda Holden:
“For Caroline to feel that death was the only way out breaks my heart .... Anger doesn’t even begin to cover how I feel about her being thrown to the dogs like she was ..Why was she not shown the same level of consideration, protection, warmth and importance as other artists in our industry who have struggled recently? There are criminal gaps in the differences. I am certain there is more to her story... I know the truth will out.

“May she rest in peace and those responsible for this lack of humanity be brave enough to admit their shame.”

Katie Piper:
"The same people that hung her out to dry will be the same people who post gushing posts today - whilst other people in the industry are protected over despicable crimes."

So yeah, this baseless defence of them just doesn't cut it tbh.

Reactions: 23
Where is the proof they genuinely supported her? Of course they can make all the right noises and issue statements that it was 'her decision to step down' that they 'we will keep in contact' etc, but in reality she thought her career was over - as her family said on the recent documentary. That doesn't sound like a very supportive employer to me. The Sun said 'they forced her to step down' 'ITV bosses were accused of failing in their duty of care' and sources spoke of the 'crazy double standard' in their treatment of Caroline compared with Ant McPartlin that 'she didn't have a guarantee of getting her job back' and the 'she didn't even have a phone call from ITV bosses'. If such damning accusations were untrue, surely there would be instant rebuttals?

Amanda Holden:
“For Caroline to feel that death was the only way out breaks my heart .... Anger doesn’t even begin to cover how I feel about her being thrown to the dogs like she was ..Why was she not shown the same level of consideration, protection, warmth and importance as other artists in our industry who have struggled recently? There are criminal gaps in the differences. I am certain there is more to her story... I know the truth will out.

“May she rest in peace and those responsible for this lack of humanity be brave enough to admit their shame.”

Katie Piper:
"The same people that hung her out to dry will be the same people who post gushing posts today - whilst other people in the industry are protected over despicable crimes."

I’m not wanting to be argumentative but where was the proof they didn’t? She was right to be worried about her career being over - if she’d been convicted of domestic violence she would have had to have gone. I don’t know if I used the correct analogy but to me it might have been as if she was suspended and if I’m suspended from my work, is it up to my employer to find me help?

I wouldn’t believe anything The Sun said and if we’re apportioning blame then surely the continuous salacious stories about CF over the years did more damage to her, especially latterly. Their claims about what ITV did or didn’t do don’t carry any weight with me because they’re a disgusting shitrag.

I do think it gets more blurry when it comes to Ant McPartlin but again do we know the full story? Please correct me if I’m wrong but did he not plead guilty at the first opportunity and go to rehab either voluntarily or not soon after? Nobody should plead guilty if they’re not, of course, but how do we know ITV didn’t encourage CF to go to rehab, at least until her trial? From what even her family have said, that doesn’t sound like a completely egregious idea.

Amanda Holden has a problem with Pip Schofield and I love the way it must eat away at him that she might spill! But if he is the person she is referring to about support, it’s just not the same thing. If someone accuses him of something criminal, he’s charged, he pleads not guilty and he’s still on TV then there would be all hell to pay. But as far as we know, the Police don’t have anything to charge him with. I would love nothing more than him being taken down a peg or two but unless it comes to anything sinister - which obviously I hope isn’t the case either - then we’re stuck with him as long as Frizzell and the other ITV cronies are there.

Reactions: 14
I’m not wanting to be argumentative but where was the proof they didn’t? She was right to be worried about her career being over - if she’d been convicted of domestic violence she would have had to have gone. I don’t know if I used the correct analogy but to me it might have been as if she was suspended and if I’m suspended from my work, is it up to my employer to find me help?

I wouldn’t believe anything The Sun said and if we’re apportioning blame then surely the continuous salacious stories about CF over the years did more damage to her, especially latterly. Their claims about what ITV did or didn’t do don’t carry any weight with me because they’re a disgusting shitrag.

I do think it gets more blurry when it comes to Ant McPartlin but again do we know the full story? Please correct me if I’m wrong but did he not plead guilty at the first opportunity and go to rehab either voluntarily or not soon after? Nobody should plead guilty if they’re not, of course, but how do we know ITV didn’t encourage CF to go to rehab, at least until her trial? From what even her family have said, that doesn’t sound like a completely egregious idea.

Amanda Holden has a problem with Pip Schofield and I love the way it must eat away at him that she might spill! But if he is the person she is referring to about support, it’s just not the same thing. If someone accuses him of something criminal, he’s charged, he pleads not guilty and he’s still on TV then there would be all hell to pay. But as far as we know, the Police don’t have anything to charge him with. I would love nothing more than him being taken down a peg or two but unless it comes to anything sinister - which obviously I hope isn’t the case either - then we’re stuck with him as long as Frizzell and the other ITV cronies are there.
Frizzell is retiring soon. Maybe something will come out, once his protector has left?

Reactions: 13
Of course The Sun is hypocritical and disgusting and was responsible for hounding her and lying about her - but that doesn't mean that that whole article about ITV is fabricated. Easy to lie about individuals, not so easy to lie about a whole broadcasting giant.

We don't know for sure what they did or said to Caroline. But we can piece all the evidence together. We certainly see how they treat others ('important' men). PS's allegations are incredibly disturbing and so what if there have been no criminal charges? Isn't that the whole point of the endless discussion on these threads? That there is one rule for one type of behaviour and another rule for others? That there look to be multiple cover ups, enablers, threats, pay offs, police looking the other way, PR people jumping online with their 'reputation management strategies' and huge money involved all around in preventing these things coming to light?

My point in quoting Holden and Piper was to illustrate that industry insiders also saw quite clearly that they threw her under the bus. They would know better than anyone what was happening on the inside.

Caroline was vulnerable but anyone's mental health would be severely tested with everything she was put through. Her family and friends are steeped in grief and it's probably too painful and exhausting to really look at the powerful forces all around her that directly and brutally contributed to her death.

I suppose you can deduce from it all what you want, but it seems pretty clear cut to me.

(And to answer another of your questions, yes, employers do have a duty to care for their employees, very much so in this day and age.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 10

Amanda Holden:

Katie Piper:

What happened to Katie Piper?

Reactions: 2
Don't watch anymore but how childish is this...he is nearly 60 ffs....
Have to admit I found this really funny 🤣

what I don’t get is the juxtaposition between the Phil who has such high morals and so patronising and judgemental on screen and off screen Philth who likes messaging teenage boys. Very bizarre 😳

Reactions: 17
Have to admit I found this really funny 🤣

what I don’t get is the juxtaposition between the Phil who has such high morals and so patronising and judgemental on screen and off screen Philth who likes messaging teenage boys. Very bizarre 😳
The on-screen character is an act. His off-screen character, the real Schofield, might be unacceptable to a family audience. Don't we all act differently at work? Act more respectably? Don't let our hair down?

Reactions: 10

I am beginning to wonder if anything will come of the contact with younger lads, escapades with runners etc ..his famous friends are still happy to be seen with him 🤷
I already posted this on Holly thread but I had to post here too as I agree with you 100%.

Oh the arrogant little creep! 🤬🤬. Those photos just scream to me 'Oh I know I'm being talked about because for years I've been acting like a sleazy creep with young lads.. but I'm not going anywhere because my famous friends are supporting me !! 🤬🤬🤢🤢.
Be careful Philth, your past may come back to haunt you one day. You're not always going to be rich and powerful and be able to pay everyone off!! If/when that happens, you may die a sad, lonely old man that everyone despises and be classed the same as your old buddy, jimmy saville 🤮🤮

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I saw that photo and wondered where Steph was? You’ve got Holly and Dan and the Lampards but his wife, who’s supposedly his best friend and he had no intention of divorcing, is missing. At one time she’d have been very much part of that kind of thing, it’s obvious they are now separated. Why not just bloody well admit it? I actually bleeping loathe this man! His downfall is going to be so satisfying when it happens!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I saw that photo and wondered where Steph was? You’ve got Holly and Dan and the Lampards but his wife, who’s supposedly his best friend and he had no intention of divorcing, is missing. At one time she’d have been very much part of that kind of thing, it’s obvious they are now separated. Why not just bloody well admit it? I actually bleeping loathe this man! His downfall is going to be so satisfying when it happens!
Steph probably isn't his official partner any more. If he is seeing someone else then obviously they are being kept out of sight for whatever reason.

Reactions: 14
Yup exactly 👏👏👏. So he is still wearing it then!!!! That doesn't make sense to me. Is he still trying to portray the 'happy family image' or summin 🤔🤷‍♀️😤
I think in fairness he might be trying to protect Steph by keeping it looking like ‘business as usual’ to stop any media intrusion in her life

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.