Phillip Schofield #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think many people were expecting too much too soon. Once it became clear that Schofield was going to have to make his announcement, an extremely expensive damage limitation team snapped into action. So it shouldn't be a surprise that this ruthless and remorseless silencing operation is currently working.

But it won't last. In a case like this, there's a very intense burst of activity, and then it starts to fade. It starts to fade partly because the initial blitz has been so effective that critics start to despair, and partly because, quite frankly, it's way too expensive to keep the operation going.

You can, for example, employ a huge team of people, aided by sophisticated software, to scour Twitter etc for 'inappropriate' messages, and throw money at lawyers to initimidate the press, and pursue multiple other means to patrol the culture, but only for a brief time. The Schofield operation looks very much like a 'short, sharp shock' to blast the opposition away.

It's what happens after this that's intriguing. Once Schofe's team start to feel it's 'job done,' that's the time that he'll start to relax and get too cocky. That's the time when all kinds of accidents could happen - say, TM start to relax and make the mistake of choosing one of those icky 'he cheated on me'/'she lived a double life' guests and suddenly Schofield's input seems strikingly inappropriate, or Schofe gets drunk at 2 in the morning and sends a message that reveals too much, or one of his boyfriends speaks out, or a journalist decides it's safe to make an alegation, etc etc.

So there's no need for resignation. It would have been incredible if his initial burst of intimidation and silencing hadn't worked. It was always extremely likely he'd survive the first wave of controversy.

But if people are vigilant, and remain prinicipled and impersonal in the way they seek to encourage a proper and open investigation into his behaviour, then the next few months are going to be far more interesting and eventful than Phillip expects.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Surely other Papers (who arent owned by the owners of The Sun) would want to publish stuff about alleged grooming even if The Sun can't because of a deal they made?

Papers usually can't wait to get the scoop ahead of rivals.

So, either they are all owned by the same people or there is an injunction stopping any coverage.
Many publications are now owned by one company Reach Plc. Titles include the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, Daily Star, OK! and regional titles including the Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo, Birmingham Mail and Bristol Post so they are all feeding each other with same stories.

Reactions: 10
Are we definitely sure there's an injunction? Those things don't last forever. I think it's more feasible the runner was paid not to sell his story. If an injunction was taken out to stop the story, why would PS have had to come out so quickly? He could have bided his time whilst the injunction was still active to sort it out. I think his exclusive story to The Sun was a deal he made to silence MM from any specifics - once that story was out, the papers would have had to abide by normal privacy/harassment laws in the way they do other public figures
I would think the injunctions are still there you can apply for them for 3, 6, 9, or 12 months it just depends how much money you want to spend, NDAs are done by a solicitor and not the court so not as expensive. The injunctions now will be so people cant report on what hes been up to with anybody and what is is currently up to with his young men. He will still want to give the impression of a wholesome person.

Reactions: 7
I still think he has won.
I think more people think he's brave than think he might be covering up a relationship with someone who was under age when they met.

I was chatting to 2 people the other night and both think he's wonderful.
Both looked at me like I was unhinged when I said I don't like him.

I used to like him but after the Fern situation and his visibly growing smugness I went off him.

I am trying not to let my dislike of him make me biased against him. I'm trying not to think the worst.
Being gay isn't an issue.
But possible grooming and covering it up is a huge issue.
But is there any proof of wrongdoing?

The tweeting and tik tokking and Mathew being on stage at the NTA's and all of that stuff we've been shown on here are difficult to see as innocent.

And if no wrongdoing - why work so hard to silence and cover up??

Makes no sense if nothing bad has happened.

Reactions: 25
Just a silly thought but i've noticed on This Morning when the make up review comes on Holly and Phillip are both there but when it's Ruth and Eamonn's day only Ruth takes part. This makes me think that he wants to be featured in every part of the show, don't want to appear sexist but why would he be interested in make up and skin care?

Reactions: 13
You only have to read the comments on TM’s FB page. He’s adored and can do no wrong 🙄

Just a silly thought but i've noticed on This Morning when the make up review comes on Holly and Phillip are both there but when it's Ruth and Eamonn's day only Ruth takes part. This makes me think that he wants to be featured in every part of the show, don't want to appear sexist but why would he be interested in make up and skin care?
Because he’s gay......

He's probably frightened to death she will get offered a skin care line,makes sure they get nowhere near her backstage either,Ferns agent said he rules the roost...

Reactions: 11
LOTS of negative comments about Phil on the top Daily Mail story re Boris Johnson being on TM today

I’m obviously awake I kept checking the thread and there was nothing since early this morning, didn’t realise we had a new one!

i have some reading to do!

Reactions: 4
LOTS of negative comments about Phil on the top Daily Mail story re Boris Johnson being on TM today
Did Phil hand a list to Boris containing the names of alleged sexual groomers and predators like he did with David Cameron in 2012? So brave. 😇

Reactions: 4
I think that headline using the phrase "giving grooming tips" trivialises the grooming of minors.
Its not a joking matter.
Hair grooming and child grooming - ha ha - NOT FUNNY.
The Sun are disgusting.
And so is Holly - "the greatest conversation she has heard?" - pathetic.
As a Mother child grooming should strike terror into her heart.
Joking about double entendres regarding grooming is not the kind of behaviour a high profile presenter should be displaying.

Has he been invited to open an account here?
The Sun newspaper is not reknowned for its sensitivity and truth is it? (Liverpool fan here)

I used to follow John Barrowman, but I found him to be arrogant towards fans and actually dislike him now after seeing him at a couple of meet and greets - it doesn't surprise me that he is friendly with PS - but I agree in this instance, it wasn't them that mentioned that double entandre
I think he’s one of these fake showbiz Types and to be honest don’t think he was good as a judge on Dancing on Ice.

I still think he has won.
I think more people think he's brave than think he might be covering up a relationship with someone who was under age when they met.

I was chatting to 2 people the other night and both think he's wonderful.
Both looked at me like I was unhinged when I said I don't like him.

I used to like him but after the Fern situation and his visibly growing smugness I went off him.

I am trying not to let my dislike of him make me biased against him. I'm trying not to think the worst.
Being gay isn't an issue.
But possible grooming and covering it up is a huge issue.
But is there any proof of wrongdoing?

The tweeting and tik tokking and Mathew being on stage at the NTA's and all of that stuff we've been shown on here are difficult to see as innocent.

And if no wrongdoing - why work so hard to silence and cover up??

Makes no sense if nothing bad has happened.
I was looking at different sites this morning and there is split opinion re Phil. There are still those who think hes brave for coming out but there are a load of people, gay, straight, whatever sexuality who do not like the way the story has been handled ie the obvious contradictions etc.

one person made me laugh they said they knew PS was gay even though they’d never seen him!

The Priti Patel story is similar on a way to Phils. Allegations about the MPs behaviour have been muddied by the fact she’s a woman and that the same rules do not apply to men as they do to her.
You can’t criticise Phil without being accused of homophobic and you can’t criticise Priti without appearing to be a misogynist.
I don’t care about anybody’s sexuality or gender or religion, it’s their actions I’m judging them on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I would think the injunctions are still there you can apply for them for 3, 6, 9, or 12 months it just depends how much money you want to spend, NDAs are done by a solicitor and not the court so not as expensive. The injunctions now will be so people cant report on what hes been up to with anybody and what is is currently up to with his young men. He will still want to give the impression of a wholesome person.
My understanding is an injunction is only given at the judge's discretion. The person applying for it needs to give a reason for it each time and the decision is based on both parties. So there is no way he will continue to get one forever. It is probably suiting the other side right now to have an injunction in place to protect their client at no cost but once the other side is ready to go, they wont issue one because it will be unjust to have a millionaire renewing injunctions against a person with little to none financial means

Reactions: 6
I think an injunction is wrong if it covers up grooming.
Someone's reputation or value to their employer should take second place to a child being groomed - even if the child was a "precocious" one who wanted a TV career.

The secrecy makes our imaginations run riot and its quite possible what is being covered up isn't what we imagine it to be - and it makes you wonder if, sometimes it would be better in the long run to just let the Truth come out, see what the public reaction is and then try your damage limitation.

They do say "the truth will out" - so here we are waiting.

Reactions: 14
I think an injunction is wrong if it covers up grooming.
Someone's reputation or value to their employer should take second place to a child being groomed - even if the child was a "precocious" one who wanted a TV career.
This is it...if I knew people were thinking of groomed a child/was possibly a paedophile etc, i’d be just telling the real truth (if it wasn’t that) as surely even if it’s all a bit grim, nothing can be worse than that 🤷‍♀️
I do think the Ss guy seems a bit creepy 😬
Just all so odd-why take the theatre website down, if he’d done nothing, no problem, surely it could be proven? You’d be shouting from the rooftops, nothing to hide, no problem, why the secrecy ffs
The secrecy makes our imaginations run riot and its quite possible what is being covered up isn't what we imagine it to be - and it makes you wonder if, sometimes it would be better in the long run to just let the Truth come out, see what the public reaction is and then try your damage limitation.

They do say "the truth will out" - so here we are waiting.

Reactions: 1
So The Sun is itching furiously under this injunction and finding devious ways to get a dig in, then.

If newspapers can get people to hack phones you'd think they could find a way to hack out from under a superinjunction.

Its all very unsavoury.

He may not know about this forum.

I'd never heard of it until someone on the Digital Spy forum mentioned it when the threads about Schofield on digital Spy were all closed down.

And I joined here as soon as I heard of it. I've seen a lot of posts from others who just joined having only heard of Tattle Life when I did.

Glad I found it.
Wealth of information.
Someone on twitter has informed Matty Lopez about us. Fingers crossed he joins us and we can all work together to get these allegations answered. Thanks to BragStealth on twitter (y)

The coronavirus couldn't have come at a better time for PS. Another distraction from the truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
It took a year after his death for the stuff about Jimmy Savile to come out.
That's why sites like this are vital. Free speech on the internet means we can all talk to each other. Had Jimmy Savile been operating now, I reckon there would be exactly the same kind of denial from TV land, but a site like this would've turned up so many stories he'd have to be exposed.

As soon as the story about P Schofield turned to the possible grooming of a boy, I stopped tweeting about it and advised others to do the same. The libel laws in this country are too powerful.

Like other newbies here, that's when I found this incredible site! With super injunctions, the secret deals the press make behind our backs, and the libel laws favouring the rich, it's vital for people to be able to share the stuff people have on here.

If people like P Schofield want to manipulate the public, the public have a right to think hmm, this is weird, what's really going on here? A transparent nation is a healthy nation.

If nothing else, Schofield's arrogance shows just how safe he felt. To bring a boy into his work environment that he was having an affair with, that he apparently started having sex with at the age of 16, and to parade him on TV?

The bastard was taking the piss. Taking this piss out of his audience, his colleagues, his wife and daughters, and his employers. Even after Savile, even after Operation Yewtree, even after Kevin Spacey and #MeToo, a creepy host of a daytime TV show thought that where others had been caught out, he'd be the one to get away with it.

Men like Schofield will always exist, and every single one of them has got to be exposed, and that will always start with curious folks like us who just can't let something go.

You have to get away with this every day for the rest of your life, Phillip. We only need you to slip up once.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I was thinking it would be useful for new members who don't have the time to read all of the PS threads to have something pinned at the beginning of this one and each new one, perhaps Rob123's summary would be good to have as that's got all of the detail. Do we know if that is doable/possible?

Reactions: 14
Where is @Rob123 ?

I hope he is still around. His posts, especially the very detailed ‘summing up’ ones, were an excellent contribution to these threads.

Come back @Rob123 !! 🙂🙂🙂

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.