Pet Insurance

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi, does anyone have any good experience with pet insurers?

I have a 2 year old dachshund and we have been with tesco bank for 2 years, but every year the price goes up and up!

He needs lifetime insurance (ideally 10k) due to issues he may (hopefully never) have with his back.

I have never made a claim for him and he is fit as a fiddle, so it’s annoying that the premium keeps increasing.

Also, does anyone have any experience with M&S Bank pet insurance? I was going to go with them as they are underwritten by the same company as tesco bank but then an ad for them appeared on my Facebook and going by the comments their customer service is apparently dire.
Thanks!!! 😊

Hi, does anyone have any good experience with pet insurers?

I have a 2 year old dachshund and we have been with tesco bank for 2 years, but every year the price goes up and up!

He needs lifetime insurance (ideally 10k) due to issues he may (hopefully never) have with his back.

I have never made a claim for him and he is fit as a fiddle, so it’s annoying that the premium keeps increasing.

Also, does anyone have any experience with M&S Bank pet insurance? I was going to go with them as they are underwritten by the same company as tesco bank but then an ad for them appeared on my Facebook and going by the comments their customer service is apparently dire.
Thanks!!! 😊
I'm with Direct Line for our dog. Haven't had any issues and is a reasonable price :)

I’ve always used Pet Plan who have been great. My pets have both had issues from early on though and I claim a lot, so I’m not surprised the premiums keep increasing. It’s gone from about a tenner to £36 a month in 12 years for my oldest but I’ve had my monies worth and stay with them to keep the cover for existing conditions.

Reactions: 1
I'm with bought by many. We have a mini dachshund and pay £28 for lifetime cover up to £15,000. We've had to claim once for over £9,500.

We've been with various companies for our cat, who has had several health issues over the years. Our premiums have become extortionate each time we've had to make a claim. If anyone can recommend a company who doesn't do this I'd be interested.

Reactions: 1
We're with petplan and have lifetime cover. It's not cheap but our dog has conditions and they pay us back every 12 months we put a claim in for meds and treatment and we've not had a problem yet

We don't have insurance. Our Frenchies was going to cost more per month than both of ours. We just put money aside.