Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 481276 I commented before how the girls had a very loving and devoted nanny. I didn't remember her @ on ig but just came across this post she put up for peaches today. I think Bob really did take care of them well and tried to provide as best as he could

Omg that pic of Fifi shocked me! She looks so much like her mum
That post is lovely and she sounds like an amazing, kind and loving woman.
I don’t think that Bob gets credit for that though, Anita was already their nanny before Bob and Paula split.

Reactions: 15
It is a beautiful post, that sentiment of you won’t be reminding me of my loss because I never forget it is so true. I lost someone 2 years ago who was much more of a mother to me than my biological one, people stopped talking about her so quickly because they didn’t want to remind me or upset me. But I am aware every day she’s no longer here.

I imagine it can be even more painful in this situation if people dismiss Peaches as ‘just a job’ and totally miss how devoted a nanny Anita was. Plus as one of pressumably few stable and reliable parts of the childrens lives, she was no doubt as important to them as they were to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Currently watching Best of the Tube on London Live with Paula Yates.Pretty good watch so far

Reactions: 5
I really feel for Anita. It's obvious that she was the girl's real mother and did the emotional labour of mothering. The whole thing must be so devastating for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
That Geri something book on Paula Michael and Bob was pretty trashy but it had some good insights on Anita and how badly she was treated - she lived in some really grotty bedsit quarters even when she worked for them apparently.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
That Geri something book on Paula Michael and Bob was pretty trashy but it had some good insights on Anita and how badly she was treated - she lived in some really grotty bedsit quarters even when she worked for them apparently.
Yes, also found this to be shocking! Paula didn't hesitate to spend money on herself but seemed to be very stingy when it came to her employees.

I think Paula was a bit narcissistic. Or maybe more than a bit.

Did anyone see the Piers Morgen interview of Rupert Everett, who spoke about this lengthy affair with her?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Poor woman. Why would you do that job if you were treated that badly? I can only think she couldnt leave the girls to the care of Paula and Bob and whoevercelse they would hire, which says a lot.

Reactions: 5
Yes, also found this to be shocking! Paula didn't hesitate to spend money on herself but seemed to be very stingy when it came to her employees.

I think Paula was a bit narcissistic. Or maybe more than a bit.

Did anyone see the Piers Morgen interview of Rupert Everett, who spoke about this lengthy affair with her?
No but l wish l had!! Recently?

Reactions: 1
Poor woman. Why would you do that job if you were treated that badly? I can only think she couldnt leave the girls to the care of Paula and Bob and whoevercelse they would hire, which says a lot.
She genuinely loves children and having been with the Geldofs since they were small, was probably reluctant to leave them in a time of crisis and wanted to offer them some stability. I remember seeing photos of the home Paula died in which was in Notting Hill. Obviously it was worth a flipping fortune but it was really small with small bedrooms so I can't imagine how Anita must have been living. She clearly stayed for the girls and not the glamour.

Reactions: 7
TW for drug abuse.

I've spent the better part of the day reading through these threads. Like so many other here, I was so heartbroken when Peaches died. I'm not from the UK so I didn't even have that link to her, but the idea of a young mom dying due to her addictions alone with her baby is so disturbing. I actually thought of her and googled her again maybe a week before stumbling upon this thread today. Her little family really looked like a dream! I was also so fascinated by the Geldofs and their crazy names as a kid.

Part of the reason why I was so disturbed is because I can relate a lot to Peaches. My parents were heroin addicts - it was a strange childhood. My father had a pretty good job and we'd oscillate between him having his tit together and us living in nice houses for a year, to him going on heroin binges and not showing up for work, us moving into severely crappy apartments, etc, etc, etc... It was difficult for a child to understand. I was really spoiled materially (my father bought me a present every day after work for years), and I was the first at my school to get an iPhone, etc, so I never quite managed to bridge the idea of having so many nice things and then ending up in rotten apartments every few years.

Anyway. I lost my mom at 15 and my father 11 months later. (My dad suffered brain trauma after 7 heroin overdoses over the course of 6 months however, and became a total monster. Losing him was a blessing.) I don't think I can quite describe that level of emotional pain, and it never really goes away. Missing my mom honestly just gets worse the older I get. I think Peaches had it the same way and I feel deeply for her... I also understand the lure of heroin. I've done a lot of partying in my day, and tried pretty much every drug under the sun apart from heroin.

"Connecting" with my dead mom, to me, has become reading the books she'd read to me when I was little or I'd read when she was still alive or watch the movies we watched together. It has become detective work into her past. I have, however, given a great deal of thought into trying heroin because I want to connect TO HER. I want to know what doing heroin was like and understand that part of her. It's been over 10 years and missing her is still a daily ache.

If I was offered heroin in a clean environment where I could smoke it... I am honest enough with myself to say I'd do it because I want to feel closer to my mom. If told I had 6 months left to live, I'd definitely do heroin. I am not about to go out and buy it from some street dealer though. This is not a decision at the forefront of my mind that I am toying with right now, just to make that clear. It's just something I've accepted that I'll very well do some day simply because I miss my mom so horribly.

If Peaches was clean for a while and posted that picture of her mom and then ODed that night, I can easily see her wanting to connect with her dead mother as well, and it just going terribly wrong. I bet she was feeling really sad. My heart bleeds for her and the whole situation more so than her sons and husband, and I know 100% that that's my bias showing. I just can't fault her for it even if it was 100% her own decision that caused so many people horrible pain. (I also definitely do feel for her sons and husband though, just to make that clear. I so, so wish Peaches was still around.)

On a lighter note, I actually don't think she had a lot of facial plastic surgery. I think she lost a lot of weight, got large veneers and had a buccal fat removal. I also think she had a botox brow lift and lip fillers. Actually not a lot by today's celebrity standard tbh, though I do agree there is a huge difference between "chunky party girl" Peaches and "ethereally beautiful" Peaches.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
I’m so sorry for you losses 😔. Heroine is terrifying!! Please try to stay well away of it. It just takes one time to use it and you become addicted I believe it’s the same effect with smoking and injecting. Please stay safe ✨✨.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m so sorry for you losses 😔. Heroine is terrifying!! Please try to stay well away of it. It just takes one time to use it and you become addicted I believe it’s the same effect with smoking and injecting. Please stay safe ✨✨.
Oh absolutely, no one needs to worry about me! <3 My life is actually extremely stable, so there's no need for concern. I know that this is what everyone says, but I really don't have an addictive personality... My childhood friends were so angry with me when I started experimenting with drugs in my teens (rightfully so due to my family history), but it was never a problem for me. I once read a Reddit user explain it as: "Everything feels better on drugs. I don't understand how anyone can not want to feel like that all the time. If I look at a beautiful sunset and I'm clean, I know it would look better on cocaine." I'm the kind of person who can just stare at the sunset lol, even if I know it would look better if I were high.

I picked up vaping during the pandemic and got to the point where my hands were shaking from the nicotine rush and then I just decided to quit. I haven't thought about it since last summer really. IDK. Also, I'm not even a recreational drug user anymore, I'd say. I did some cocaine for New Years and then I did MDMA once in 2020 and smoked weed once. I think I did drugs twice the year before that, too. So it's been a long time since I really partied. I just have this fascination with heroin purely because I miss my mom. (Who didn't die of an overdose, sadly, she was actually murdered like so many other drug addicts are. The police didn't care.)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
I understand and I too always believed that’s why peaches turned to heroine. I can’t imagine ☹. Just wanted to spread some kindness. Heroine just scares me to death. I’ve seen what it’s done to a family personally.

Reactions: 3
I understand and I too always believed that’s why peaches turned to heroine. I can’t imagine ☹. Just wanted to spread some kindness. Heroine just scares me to death. I’ve seen what it’s done to a family personally.
Yeah, it's a crazy drug... I believe those who can do it recreationally are those who just want to get high and aren't running from anything, so they can be okay. My mom had a horrific childhood and definitely did it to numb herself. That's when you become an "addict" addict.

Reactions: 7
I just wanted to say how amazing you sound, I bet both your mum and your dad would be so, so proud of you. X

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.