Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A thread to discuss Peaches, Paula Yates and the rest of the family / people around them.

First thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I can understand why Bob proposed to Jeanne after Peaches died.

He probably realised what a rock she was to him, how loyal and stable she was and wanted to demonstrate this to her.

I think when Bob and Jeanne first got together he was still in love with Paula, then he had all these legal troubles with Paula, then Paula died, then he re-invented himself professionally, then Peaches died - Jeanne was with him during all these times and given how beautiful she was I could imagine that she also sacrificed her career to be with him

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I remember people praising Bob when he took Hutchence' s daughter in "what a compassionate man" etc etc He knew full well that he was going to re-enforce his Saint Bob image and that she would have her own living quarters with a nanny, he would hardly ever see her.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
I remember people praising Bob when he took Hutchence' s daughter in "what a compassionate man" etc etc He knew full well that he was going to re-enforce his Saint Bob image and that she would have her own living quarters with a nanny, he would hardly ever see her.
And just imagine how Michael H would have felt about it. He hated Bob so much in the end - he would have turned in his grave knowing that Bob now had Tiger.

This is such a dramatic story:
Bob as the hero, who is admired by the public and then publicly humiliated.
Paula as the evil unfaithful woman, who breaks up her family to be with her lover and causes heartache for Bob, who subsequently fights for the children.
Michael as the seductive and dangerous bad boy who stole Paula's heart and shines over Bob, taking his place in the family.
Tiger Lily, the cherished result of a passionate love affair, daughter of two charismatic and troubled anti-heros.
In the end, both Michael and Paula suffer and die.
Bob remains the sole winner and triumphs over Paula and Michael, who caused hurt and harm. As a symbol of his victory he keeps Tiger Lily, the personification of Paula's and Michael's passion, love and longings.

Sometimes real life writes the best and most tragic stories.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 112
And just imagine how Michael H would have felt about it. He hated Bob so much in the end - he would have turned in his grave knowing that Bob now had Tiger.

This is such a dramatic story:
Bob as the hero, who is admired by the public and then publicly humiliated.
Paula as the evil unfaithful woman, who breaks up her family to be with her lover and causes heartache for Bob, who subsequently fights for the children.
Michael as the seductive and dangerous bad boy who stole Paula's heart and shines over Bob, taking his place in the family.
Tiger Lily, the cherished result of a passionate love affair, daughter of two charismatic and troubled anti-heros.
In the end, both Michael and Paula suffer and die.
Bob remains the sole winner and triumphs over Paula and Michael, who caused hurt and harm. As a symbol of his victory he keeps Tiger Lily, the personification of Paula's and Michael's passion, love and longings.

Sometimes real life writes the best and most tragic stories.
WOW you have a great imagination perhaps you should try your luck at writing.🙂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
What a dreadful thing to do to a little girl who's parents have both died? I know she was kept with her sisters but she needed a parent figure and was kept away from Michaels family so she could be brought up by a nanny. Nannies dont often stay with a family for generations, I wonder whether she didnt feel she could leave the girls to another nanny? Their parents barely did any parenting by the eounds of it.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
I always thought It was really "nice" of Bob to bring up Tiger and that it was good for her to stay in the UK and have her sisters with her. The alternative was shipping her off to oz to a family she hadn't had much to do with. Did she have much contact with her fathers family prior to her mother's death, I thought there was animosity there? Interesting that she lives in oz now. Don't know much/anything about Bob's wife, what's the tea?

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Reading up on Bob himself, he lost a parent young too (though not drug related). So the family is some generations in to that particular trauma.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Thank you :)

But I somewhat doubt that I would have had the imagination to dream this up... But it really happened. So strange.

Reading up on Bob himself, he lost a parent young too (though not drug related). So the family is some generations in to that particular trauma.
I don't know much about Bob's history, but Paula also comes from a dysfunctional family with an absent mother and an eccentric (and probably negligent) father.
Same is true for her daughters.
And with Peaches death and her drug history her sons experienced the same early trauma.

I hope that Fifi, Pixie and Tiger will make it!

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Jeanne is or was rumoured to be very close to Tiger Lily. Tiger now lives in Australia with her boyfriend. She’s very private, and went to University here in the U.K. She could have milked being Michaels daughter to death but hasn’t and likes keeping herself to herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Someone on the previous thread- im sorry but i cant remember who it was, and my notifications went totally haywire. I was pretty quiet on here yesterday, but thankyou to everyone who said such kind words to me. I know its a forum and we dont know each other personally but it meant so much to me and it was so nice to be able to talk about my own issues so openly.

Anyway they mentioned that perhaps Peaches had a Personality Disorder. And i personally think that could have been a possibility. Ive got Bipolar and Boderline Personality Disorder, and research has shown that people with BPD and other personality disorders are pretty likely to have addicitions- whether that be drugs or other things. Also, we struggle with our own sense of self- therefore we go through stages of totally re-iventing ourselves- ive been there and got the t shirt! We also have a tendancy to get obsessed with things and we participate in reckless and impulsive behaviours. I didnt know enough about Peaches to know about her personality and i dont know if she ever opened up about her own mental health?

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Jeanne is or was rumoured to be very close to Tiger Lily. Tiger now lives in Australia with her boyfriend. She’s very private, and went to University here in the U.K. She could have milked being Michaels daughter to death but hasn’t and likes keeping herself to herself.
I wonder if Tiger goes by another name. Hers is very identifying.

Reactions: 15
I wonder if Tiger goes by another name. Hers is very identifying.
She is on Facebook under another name. I found her the other day via her sister Fifi. You do occasionally see pap photos of her but they are rare as she obviously doesn’t want to court the media and so they generally leave her alone.

Reactions: 23
Someone on the previous thread- im sorry but i cant remember who it was, and my notifications went totally haywire. I was pretty quiet on here yesterday, but thankyou to everyone who said such kind words to me. I know its a forum and we dont know each other personally but it meant so much to me and it was so nice to be able to talk about my own issues so openly.

Anyway they mentioned that perhaps Peaches had a Personality Disorder. And i personally think that could have been a possibility. Ive got Bipolar and Boderline Personality Disorder, and research has shown that people with BPD and other personality disorders are pretty likely to have addicitions- whether that be drugs or other things. Also, we struggle with our own sense of self- therefore we go through stages of totally re-iventing ourselves- ive been there and got the t shirt! We also have a tendancy to get obsessed with things and we participate in reckless and impulsive behaviours. I didnt know enough about Peaches to know about her personality and i dont know if she ever opened up about her own mental health?
i don’t about peaches having a personality disorder, but i have posted and theorised that paula most likely did! (fellow bpd-er here! fist bump?) it’s so sad how we can see them better than themselves because of insights we had to fight to learn, when peaches and paula had been no where near learning those insights for themselves. things would be very different for them otherwise ☹☹☹

Reactions: 12
I mean, I’d find it weird if Jeanne wasn’t close to Tiger Lily - she’s the only mother figure tiger has had. I’ve always wondered whether Tiger referred to Jeanne as ‘mum’

Reactions: 8
Can I ask how Paula found out that Hughie Green was her dad?
what made them do the DNA test? From everything I read Paula’s mum never knew that paternity might not be her husband so I can’t work out what happened to make them question it nearly 40 years later???

Reactions: 14
I once read a really interesting article about how trauma may actually passed down through families via DNA - amazing stuff - this wasn’t the article but is similar (the one I read was about generations of Holocaust survivors grandchildren, of course you could argue the trauma is a nature V nurture thing)

So aside from the literal exposure to all kinds of trauma the Geldof girls have had, they might also have genetics stacked up against them, since they come from a long line of maternal and paternal fucked-up-ness...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Can I ask how Paula found out that Hughie Green was her dad?
what made them do the DNA test? From everything I read Paula’s mum never knew that paternity might not be her husband so I can’t work out what happened to make them question it nearly 40 years later???
I think it was because of an piece in the News of The World, written by a journalist who had known Hughie Green. This was after his death, and iirc, it’s how Paula found out by seeing the allegations in the paper. The dna test followed that.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I didnt know enough about Peaches to know about her personality and i dont know if she ever opened up about her own mental health?
I've never seen anything about Peaches mentioning her own mental health. My impression of Peaches would be that she wouldn't have been comfortable with a diagnosis of a mental hath condition as it may have conflicted with the image she was trying to portray, or she may have seen it as another reason to be criticised in the media. She does seem to have had a fragile sense of self with the changes in lifestyle, religion etc.

Reactions: 10
I was just looking at photos of Bob when he was young - he looks so so much like Thomas Cohen its spooky

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.