PCOS - Polycystic ovary syndrome healthy diet and weight loss advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just posted this in the other pcos thread but thought it might be worth posting in here. I’ve just bought a 3 months supply of inafolic alpha. Can post about my thoughts on here if anyone would be interested. I took metformin but hated it so my gynae told me to take inofolic as it is far better. The alpha version is new so thought I would make a real effort to give it a whirl. I’ve had an increase in symptoms off the back of a 1.5 stone weight loss which is very bleeping frustrating!!! Noticed my cycles going up to 35 days and a lot of hair loss when washing my hair...grrr!! Hopefully this will help!
Do you know if you can take this along side folic acid or will it be too much? I’m on prescription folic acid and came off all my other supplements when I started that as most have it in!
❣

Do you know if you can take this along side folic acid or will it be too much? I’m on prescription folic acid and came off all my other supplements when I started that as most have it in!
❣
Oooooooo I’m not sure, I’m sorry. Let me see if I can get in contact with them and find out for you x

Just posted this in the other pcos thread but thought it might be worth posting in here. I’ve just bought a 3 months supply of inafolic alpha. Can post about my thoughts on here if anyone would be interested. I took metformin but hated it so my gynae told me to take inofolic as it is far better. The alpha version is new so thought I would make a real effort to give it a whirl. I’ve had an increase in symptoms off the back of a 1.5 stone weight loss which is very bleeping frustrating!!! Noticed my cycles going up to 35 days and a lot of hair loss when washing my hair...grrr!! Hopefully this will help!
Yea please I’ve had two stone weight gain though, so sad about it.......and symptoms are going wild. I take 150mg of metformin daily x.

Yea please I’ve had two stone weight gain though, so sad about it.......and symptoms are going wild. I take 150mg of metformin daily x.
Don’t beat yourself up, it’s super easy for us to put on weight, this current situation is having an impact on us all. Do you exercise? I have found that has had a real impact on my weight loss albeit losing has made my symptoms worsen!!x

Reactions: 1
The only diet that has had an effect for me is Michael Mosley's blood sugar diet. I managed to lose over a stone and fell pregnant within a month, after trying to conceive for over 3 years. Unfortunately I'm at my most heaviest now but I'm going to go back on it 👍🤞

Don’t beat yourself up, it’s super easy for us to put on weight, this current situation is having an impact on us all. Do you exercise? I have found that has had a real impact on my weight loss albeit losing has made my symptoms worsen!!x
No as so tired all the time 😬

So I heard Laura Anderson mention that she’d been taking DIM on a Q&A so I did a little bit of research and decided to take the plunge and order some ... I’ve lost 4lb in 2 weeks and my period is the lightest it’s ever been!! I’m going to order some more ... it may just be a coinsidence but I’m feeling great and the hair on my face is noticeably less too!!

I do low carb and high fat along with intermittent fasting and have lost 5 nearly 6 stone safely along with exercise and lost 80 inches off my body. I’ve gone from size 22/24 to 4/6 on top and 8/10 on bottom. I’m 5ft.
My periods are working fine and My pcos is under control now.

I must point out I’m 38 and it’s taken 3 years to get to this point
I got diagnosed at 19 and I’ve yo yo dieted all my life and done every diet known to man.
I do have children but have fought the hospital tooth and nail all the way for help.
All I ever got was lose weight and come back in 6 months.
My story is a long and boring one but if I can do it, I know a lot of you posting on here can.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I do low carb and high fat along with intermittent fasting and have lost 5 nearly 6 stone safely along with exercise and lost 80 inches off my body. I’ve gone from size 22/24 to 4/6 on top and 8/10 on bottom. I’m 5ft.
My periods are working fine and My pcos is under control now.

I must point out I’m 38 and it’s taken 3 years to get to this point
I got diagnosed at 19 and I’ve yo yo dieted all my life and done every diet known to man.
I do have children but have fought the hospital tooth and nail all the way for help.
All I ever got was lose weight and come back in 6 months.
My story is a long and boring one but if I can do it, I know a lot of you posting on here can.
Wow congratulations!! You should be so so proud of yourself x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So I heard Laura Anderson mention that she’d been taking DIM on a Q&A so I did a little bit of research and decided to take the plunge and order some ... I’ve lost 4lb in 2 weeks and my period is the lightest it’s ever been!! I’m going to order some more ... it may just be a coinsidence but I’m feeling great and the hair on my face is noticeably less too!!
I’ve never heard off it, but would like to try. Could you tell me what brand and dosage you take xx

Does anyone have thinning hair with PCOS? Mine used to he thick when I was young but the last 6 years has seen it go whispy. My hairdresser says i have fine hair but lots of it. It won't hold a curl no matter what, I can't do them back combed poofs or any kind of style for that matter. I am considering a hair topper as I'm getting a bit self concious about it now.

Oily skin anyone? Mine is under control as long as i stick to my skincare routine. Oily scalp too, not much I can do about that though.

Period? Whats one of them then? I got into a routine of like every 8 weeks or so but nothing for ages.

I hate this.

Does anyone have thinning hair with PCOS? Mine used to he thick when I was young but the last 6 years has seen it go whispy. My hairdresser says i have fine hair but lots of it. It won't hold a curl no matter what, I can't do them back combed poofs or any kind of style for that matter. I am considering a hair topper as I'm getting a bit self concious about it now.

Oily skin anyone? Mine is under control as long as i stick to my skincare routine. Oily scalp too, not much I can do about that though.

Period? Whats one of them then? I got into a routine of like every 8 weeks or so but nothing for ages.

I hate this.
Yes I have its superthin especially on the crown.About 10 years ago I was referred to Endocrinolgy about it as I wanted to know why I was loosing my hair.I had all the tests done for everything that can cause this and what came back was PCOS. I was prescribed Metformin and Spironolactone. The Metformin really helped with weight loss. Nothing much has helped with my hair.The only person at the hospital who seemed to know what they were on about was the Consultant as well. I just get on with it but could probably do with a topper at some point as wellx. I wear hats a lot of the time.X

• Heart
I’m really struggling with the facial hair side of things. I’m having to shave pretty much everyday. Anyone got any tips or things that they found help keep it at bay just a bit more than 24 hours?!

I’m really struggling with the facial hair side of things. I’m having to shave pretty much everyday. Anyone got any tips or things that they found help keep it at bay just a bit more than 24 hours?!
I have read that laser is really effective. I know it’s hard but could you avoid shaving for a while and waxing as an alternative?

my pesonal experience is to reduce your meat intake and especially dairy. i am on a vegan plant based diet and it really has helped my skin and my periods do come more often now! still not where i want to be but its getting there. The best thing to do is to incorporate more vegetables into your diet in my opinion and try and have more plants than carbs on your plate :)