PCOS - Polycystic ovary syndrome healthy diet and weight loss advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone get random spells once in a blue moon of extreme exhaustion? Right now I’m so tired. Which makes me want sooo desperately to eat crap food and be lazy (which I’m forcing myself not to do). Honestly stood against the shower wall at 7.30pm the other night with my eyes shut and could literally have fallen asleep there.
Yes yes yes i presume it’s the insulin resistance but don’t know. I feel so tired I feel sick

Reactions: 1
Yep all the time!!
I suffer with another condition too but I can 1000% relate to feeling like this!
So annoying 😑
Isn’t it just! I have the hospital next month so if I get any tips from my Dr I’ll let you know! 😘

Yes yes yes i presume it’s the insulin resistance but don’t know. I feel so tired I feel sick
Yes definitely could be the insulin resistance - round about this time I should be extremely particular on the foods I eat but I’ve not got my diet 100% pegged yet. I also feel like it could possibly be linked to ovulation time for me (perhaps I’m not actually ovulating, who knows) I get a period every month like clock work and I know for that I am very lucky. It’s not every month but it’s just random once every couple of months and it knocks me for 6. Totally with you on the feeling sick, it’s absolutely awful! If I hear of anything that can help with this I’ll let you know 😘

• Heart
Hi everyone,

I’m not sure if this is any help to anyone or if anyone has any good positive results from the Moringa supplement. I have been drinking a little green smoothie from M&S which contains it and I wondered what it’s for. Apparently it is known to reduce blood sugar levels and particularly good for lowering cholesterol - an all rounder for anyone with diabetes (or PCOS) Just wanted to post here in case it can be of any use to anyone wanting to try something new 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone get random spells once in a blue moon of extreme exhaustion? Right now I’m so tired. Which makes me want sooo desperately to eat crap food and be lazy (which I’m forcing myself not to do). Honestly stood against the shower wall at 7.30pm the other night with my eyes shut and could literally have fallen asleep there.
Yes. I feel so tired/drowsy like after taking sleeping pills. I find that well balanced food helps.

I have been taking inositol few about 6 weeks now after someone recommended it.
I have found it really does help insulin and I can really tell the difference.
I also read that it help to regulate ovulation and the production of healthy eggs and just a good all round tablet to help anyone with pcos. 😀😀
I can definitely tell something is working since taking inositol alongside a fertility blend vitamin so hoping for a tiny miracle soon 🤞🏻🤞🏻

I have been taking inositol few about 6 weeks now after someone recommended it.
I have found it really does help insulin and I can really tell the difference.
I also read that it help to regulate ovulation and the production of healthy eggs and just a good all round tablet to help anyone with pcos. 😀😀
I can definitely tell something is working since taking inositol alongside a fertility blend vitamin so hoping for a tiny miracle soon 🤞🏻🤞🏻
What brand of inositol do you use if you don't mind me asking? I've been using inofolic but I keep forgetting to order and would prefer something a bit more cost effective I can buy in bulk!x

What brand of inositol do you use if you don't mind me asking? I've been using inofolic but I keep forgetting to order and would prefer something a bit more cost effective I can buy in bulk!x
I was on inofolic and got to the point in thinking it was so expensive and kept running out! I get mine from amazon now and it’s called “best naturals”.
I also read that mayo inositol was better for PCOS so purchased that from amazon too. That’s what the screen shot is 😃
Been so forgetful at taking mine recently and I’m not having the best of times coming to terms with how long it’s taking us to conceive 😞
wishing you well, whatever you’re PCOS journey may be xx

Attachments

I was on inofolic and got to the point in thinking it was so expensive and kept running out! I get mine from amazon now and it’s called “best naturals”.
I also read that mayo inositol was better for PCOS so purchased that from amazon too. That’s what the screen shot is 😃
Been so forgetful at taking mine recently and I’m not having the best of times coming to terms with how long it’s taking us to conceive 😞
wishing you well, whatever you’re PCOS journey may be xx
Thank you so much, this is so helpful.

I know its so hard to get despondent about it but keep going. We are all in the same boat and can all be an ear for you. Im currently trying to focus on weight loss at the moment, hopefully all else will fall in place!x

Thank you so much, this is so helpful.

I know its so hard to get despondent about it but keep going. We are all in the same boat and can all be an ear for you. Im currently trying to focus on weight loss at the moment, hopefully all else will fall in place!x
Your more than welcome 😍

I’m feeling the same way, I’m on the Keto diet and it’s been proven to be amazing for fertility issues including PCOS. I love half a stone in 2 weeks which for me is really good! It’s a challenge but worth it. Have a read about it 😃 x

p.s. thank you 🥰

Your more than welcome 😍

I’m feeling the same way, I’m on the Keto diet and it’s been proven to be amazing for fertility issues including PCOS. I love half a stone in 2 weeks which for me is really good! It’s a challenge but worth it. Have a read about it 😃 x

p.s. thank you 🥰
I'm exactly the same!!! I'm not doing Keto but im trying super hard to stick to 30g carbs. Low carb is 1000000000% the way forward for me, it's the only diet I have really seen any progress on. Im just not a huge fatty meat lover and I do really enjoy my veg so wouldn't stick to Keto. I've been really rubbish on my carb control recently but feel a new motivation to get back on it! Just need to cut out beer and prosecco which are my vices!!!x

I'm exactly the same!!! I'm not doing Keto but im trying super hard to stick to 30g carbs. Low carb is 1000000000% the way forward for me, it's the only diet I have really seen any progress on. Im just not a huge fatty meat lover and I do really enjoy my veg so wouldn't stick to Keto. I've been really rubbish on my carb control recently but feel a new motivation to get back on it! Just need to cut out beer and prosecco which are my vices!!!x
I struggled with the fat part when I first started and I love veg but I’m used to it now 😂 I use MCT oil on cooking to up my fat. Low carb is definitely the way forward for us suffering. Bloody hard work!! I don’t drink thankfully 🙈 The things we do. I would do anything for a healthy reproductive system 😂😂😂 and a baby 😭 I’m currently surrounded by friends who are pregnant or just had babies so it’s hard to come to terms with x

I struggled with the fat part when I first started and I love veg but I’m used to it now 😂 I use MCT oil on cooking to up my fat. Low carb is definitely the way forward for us suffering. Bloody hard work!! I don’t drink thankfully 🙈 The things we do. I would do anything for a healthy reproductive system 😂😂😂 and a baby 😭 I’m currently surrounded by friends who are pregnant or just had babies so it’s hard to come to terms with x
I know, it is very hard and its quite hard to talk about to friends and family too. I'm not THE most broody person in the world but I'm 31 now and I seem to be struggling with the more natural in built maternal instinct I have. I'll keep sending positive thoughts your way and really hope it works out for you c

I know, it is very hard and its quite hard to talk about to friends and family too. I'm not THE most broody person in the world but I'm 31 now and I seem to be struggling with the more natural in built maternal instinct I have. I'll keep sending positive thoughts your way and really hope it works out for you c
My family keep buying me baby things when they know the situation 😠😖 And getting my 5yo niece to ask when I’m having a baby 😑 So biting my tongue is hard!
thank you so much, and you too🥰

Hi everyone 👋
I have PCOS and just wanted to give you all a different kind of story.
I lost quite a bit of weight and went from a 22 to a 14 following slimming world and doing regular exercise. I got with my husband and we spoke about having children and straight away I made it no secret that it was either going to take forever or never happen.
I was told that we had to actively try for 1 year before they offered us any fertility help, I never took and medication for my pcos because I wanted to try and lose the weight etc and deal with that when we wanted children.
so the time comes when we decide we would start trying.
I fell pregnant in the first month of trying, I had an early scan because they wanted to check that there was no cysts that could affect the pregnancy and they told me that there was a huge black shadow and I would possible be having a bleed and lose the baby but go back in two weeks..
went back and the large black shadow they saw ended up being....
ANOTHER BABY!!!
Please stay positive and believe that anything can happen.

Oh, and I’m back to being 18 stone and a size 20 😂 but I’ll take that any day after having my miracles

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi everyone 👋
I have PCOS and just wanted to give you all a different kind of story.
I lost quite a bit of weight and went from a 22 to a 14 following slimming world and doing regular exercise. I got with my husband and we spoke about having children and straight away I made it no secret that it was either going to take forever or never happen.
I was told that we had to actively try for 1 year before they offered us any fertility help, I never took and medication for my pcos because I wanted to try and lose the weight etc and deal with that when we wanted children.
so the time comes when we decide we would start trying.
I fell pregnant in the first month of trying, I had an early scan because they wanted to check that there was no cysts that could affect the pregnancy and they told me that there was a huge black shadow and I would possible be having a bleed and lose the baby but go back in two weeks..
went back and the large black shadow they saw ended up being....
ANOTHER BABY!!!
Please stay positive and believe that anything can happen.

Oh, and I’m back to being 18 stone and a size 20 😂 but I’ll take that any day after having my miracles
Wow that’s incredible 😍😍😍😍 congratulates 🥰💗

My friend has PCOS and the best diet that has worked for her is the Michael Mosley book that involves fasting for 12 hrs (I think). It has been her most successful weight loss. She also did the GI diet that worked but not as well.

Not sure which book it is. It might be his Fast 800 one. Good luck.

Reactions: 4
I take metformin for my PCOS which helps. My periods are still screwed though. I have a 1 day period every 35 days. I’m trying SW at the moment and trying to only eat brown carbs...

I found I kept weight off more easily when I was a vegetarian. Did that in my mid 20s til I met my partner and he brought me back to the dark side.
I followed a slimming world esque diet for a couple of months... the first month I lost a stone, then the next found out I was pregnant (which was a surprise considering we weren't trying and I'd been working night shift most of the month before) and now I've got a 6 month old 😂

• Heart
Hello all!!
So, I’ve been suffering with a lot of pain recently so have been too and from the doctors for a while. I had an ultrasound last week to find out what was going on. They said both sides are completely covered in cysts 😖😖 not the news you want to hear when you’ve been ttc for a year.
But, I told him I was doing the Keto diet and his eyes lite up! Said it’s the best thing I could ever do for myself, my ovaries and all my symptoms! He said you can cure yourself by doing keto and making sure you keep whinin your BMI range.
Just thought I would let you all know as we all have our struggles and anything will help! And if it helps symptoms and suffering, I’m all for it 🥰
P.s. I’ve lost 6lb since Monday without any exercise so it definitely works!

Just posted this in the other pcos thread but thought it might be worth posting in here. I’ve just bought a 3 months supply of inafolic alpha. Can post about my thoughts on here if anyone would be interested. I took metformin but hated it so my gynae told me to take inofolic as it is far better. The alpha version is new so thought I would make a real effort to give it a whirl. I’ve had an increase in symptoms off the back of a 1.5 stone weight loss which is very bleeping frustrating!!! Noticed my cycles going up to 35 days and a lot of hair loss when washing my hair...grrr!! Hopefully this will help!

• Heart
Reactions: 2