Paying off debt support

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It might not be ideal but there’s a website called liftshare.com - you could see if you can find a share or offer one for a petrol contribution.

You could also look at things like 2good2go for takeaway options while you’re with him. The one month trial of the taste card perhaps. There are plenty of cheap eats to be found if you’re not fussy.

Keep an eye on travelodge and premier inn, they often do deals for £29 or so for Friday nights, if he can come your way at least it’s one night away from home.

I’d also switch your credit card balance to an interest free card if you‘ve not already.

I don’t know anything about help2buy. PWhat is the £300 payment for if you’re living with parents?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It might not be ideal but there’s a website called liftshare.com - you could see if you can find a share or offer one for a petrol contribution.

You could also look at things like 2good2go for takeaway options while you’re with him. The one month trial of the taste card perhaps. There are plenty of cheap eats to be found if you’re not fussy.

Keep an eye on travelodge and premier inn, they often do deals for £29 or so for Friday nights, if he can come your way at least it’s one night away from home.

I’d also switch your credit card balance to an interest free card if you‘ve not already.

I don’t know anything about help2buy. PWhat is the £300 payment for if you’re living with parents?
thanks for the ideas 💡 much appreciated!

the Help2Buy account you can put max £200 per month and need minimum £1600 at the point of buying a house to qualify for a government 'bonus' so I'm trying to build that over time (I have taken a bit out over the past year, sadly)

• Heart
Thankyou to everyone who offered me advise on my previous post.

A few positive updates to share:

Payday last week and have paid approx £600 towards my credit card.
If I can do the same over the next few months, it should be cleared by the end of the year.
I've also started leaving my credit card at work (my desk locks) to avoid any unnecessary spending/increasing that balance!

Somebody suggested the coach for travelling to London - my trains cost approx £100 return but the coach is around £40 - so would indeed save me a good amount of money! What deterred me was 8 hr travel after work on a Friday would mean I arrive quite late into London and shorten our weekends together.

HOWEVER, I had a brainwave provoked by this suggestion/you lovely people...

I currently work from home 2 days a week and in the office 3 - a rota system between two teams at work. I'm putting an appointment in with HR and my manager and discuss the possibility of me going in full time for 3 weeks a month and working from home (London) 1 full week per month.

This would extend the amount of time I can spend with my boyfriend during the week and feel better about coach travel at the weekends.

Futhermore, with my intent to move down to London in 2023 - if work offer me this flexibility now and I work hard in return, in an ideal world they might agree to me working remotely full time with maybe a week in the office, which I could also tie in with visiting family after the move - but that's getting a bit ahead of myself :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
After yesterday's post, and me feeling a bit like I'm missing out. I've done some maths and realised with my payment to my credit card next month, I will under £1,000 on there 🥺😭❤ so overwhelmed and grateful to be at this stage.

Keep going everyone, I know it seems impossible but we can get there and be debt free ❤
Slightly later than planned due to my car, but £899 left to pay off until my card is clear 🤩 I'll never let it get to a place where I feel it is unmanageable again.
Overwhelmed to see below £1000 on there, especially as may/June time I had over £2K on there and felt like it was impossible to pay off.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Slightly later than planned due to my car, but £899 left to pay off until my card is clear 🤩 I'll never let it get to a place where I feel it is unmanageable again.
Overwhelmed to see below £1000 on there, especially as may/June time I had over £2K on there and felt like it was impossible to pay off.
Well done Thanks. You've made fab progress!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you, I'm very lucky my debt is small compared to others and I have some disposable income to put towards it each month. Feeling quite emotional about it tbh
Well done!! Keep going!!
Amount of debt is relative, I'm on quite a low income with little spare each month, so a smaller amount of debt still feels consuming!

I've been making this veggie stew - any root veg, a couple of stock cubes and a lil bisto gravy to thicken it. Freezes well and feels like comfort food in the cold weather.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hey everyone,
Any advise on transferring your credit card balance to 0% fees...
Where to look? The change over process...

I was charged £47 'Standard Purchase Interest' this month - I'm with Capital One. I hope to pay it off in full by December, but that's another 2-3 potential charges which I would prefer to avoid if it's easy enough to make the change!

Thanks ❤

Hey everyone,
Any advise on transferring your credit card balance to 0% fees...
Where to look? The change over process...

I was charged £47 'Standard Purchase Interest' this month - I'm with Capital One. I hope to pay it off in full by December, but that's another 2-3 potential charges which I would prefer to avoid if it's easy enough to make the change!

Thanks ❤
Are you signed up to Clearscore? They let you know your credit scoring and which cards you’d be able to apply for here is a link:

I also use the Martin Lewis one:

I like to use Uswitch to compare sim/phone and other deals:

Hope they help 👍🏼

Just wanted people to know, I’ve been on an Iva nearly a year and had one or two late payments but my credit score has improved so much! So taking help won’t necessarily ruin your credit score.

• Heart
Just wanted people to know, I’ve been on an Iva nearly a year and had one or two late payments but my credit score has improved so much! So taking help won’t necessarily ruin your credit score.
I was always told they trash your credit score? I've managed to cut 2 store cards up. Looking to cut another 2 up this month and then get the big boys paid off.

• Heart
Are you signed up to Clearscore? They let you know your credit scoring and which cards you’d be able to apply for here is a link:

I also use the Martin Lewis one:

I like to use Uswitch to compare sim/phone and other deals:

Hope they help 👍🏼
Thankyou! Really helpful.
I found a couple of options, there are transfer fees (only 0.5%) think I'm gonna apply over the weekend!

• Heart
I was always told they trash your credit score? I've managed to cut 2 store cards up. Looking to cut another 2 up this month and then get the big boys paid off.
I thought it would too but I’ve gone from 7 to 253 in 10 months, I know it was absolutely tit to start with but I went a bit mad with credit

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I thought it would too but I’ve gone from 7 to 253 in 10 months, I know it was absolutely tit to start with but I went a bit mad with credit
Well done! <3
My credit score at Uni was trash - I had no 'good' credit (phone bills, car bills) and I had overdrafts and a credit card.
I used to draw money out of cash machines with my credit card coz i was too embarrassed to pay by card and it potentially decline.

• Heart
Well done! <3
My credit score at Uni was trash - I had no 'good' credit (phone bills, car bills) and I had overdrafts and a credit card.
I used to draw money out of cash machines with my credit card coz i was too embarrassed to pay by card and it potentially decline.
Thank you! I’ll be honest I had a decent credit score and then went with very, and then cash loans and contracts all because I could and it spiralled so quickly it was unreal x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm due to get paid again on the 20th and I feel like this last week is when I could really go rogue, coz I know some money is coming in soon.
Anyone else feel like that?
I see people keep getting gifted Cherryz hauls and 25% discount codes but I daren't even look.

I need to keep up with my cost-free distractions and prevent unnecessary spending.

I'm due to get paid again on the 20th and I feel like this last week is when I could really go rogue, coz I know some money is coming in soon.
Anyone else feel like that?
I see people keep getting gifted Cherryz hauls and 25% discount codes but I daren't even look.

I need to keep up with my cost-free distractions and prevent unnecessary spending.
I'm terrible for this. Its payday Friday for me and have a bit of money left over atm and normally I would spend it til it's gone but trying to have some still there by payday so it can go in my savers. Does anyone else collect gold bullion?

I've made progress! 😁 I've managed to get to the point where I am not flapping about trying to live off £100 for most of the month. I've got just over £30 a day to live off until payday, and no intentions of spending that much. My debt stands at £3400, but I'm paying off £300 a month via direct debit as soon as I'm paid so it feels like a normal bill. Hoping I can keep this up as long as possible or until the debt is paid off in October. Also my boyfriend is moving in with me in March which will almost half my outgoings. I can see the dark cloud shifting

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've made progress! 😁 I've managed to get to the point where I am not flapping about trying to live off £100 for most of the month. I've got just over £30 a day to live off until payday, and no intentions of spending that much. My debt stands at £3400, but I'm paying off £300 a month via direct debit as soon as I'm paid so it feels like a normal bill. Hoping I can keep this up as long as possible or until the debt is paid off in October. Also my boyfriend is moving in with me in March which will almost half my outgoings. I can see the dark cloud shifting
Yesss! You're smashing it!
If you pay the £300 payday there's nothing stopping you from continuing the way you're going and in March when BF moves in, that could even increase! :love:

I spent a little on Christmas presents - making friends nostalgic 'blockbuster' boxs with microwave popcorn (4 for £1 from Home Bargains), popcorn boxes from Amazon (10 for £2) and DVD's I got from CEX all around £1.50-2.50 each. DIY'd the covers to slip in the sleeves, I could just do with a tip to remove the sticky CEX labels if anyone knows!

I have a Hen party tomorrow - bottomless brunch and coach i've already paid for but there's about 4 hours of bar crawls planned after the brunch...
I thought about cancelling, but I think instead i'm going to grab a glass of tap water here & there and make do haha.

• Heart