Part Time Working Mummy #20 Sold her kids to the gram and got a free pram

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
An excessive amount of pearl clutching I feel on the previous thread that makes me wonder if certain posters were ever 16 year old girls.

The current law, in my opinion, of making young adults stay in full time education until 18 is bollocks and widely disregarded by many non academic 16 year olds. My niece lasted a term in college, jacked it in, worked as many hours as she could for a fast food chain, supplemented her income with other part time work and now, at 18 has saved enough to do the travelling she always planned to do.

In my day, we could leave at 16, half the class did, into full time employment. The law is there to stop 16 year old bumping up the unemployment figures.

In the 1980s and 1990s it was common practice for troubled 15/16 year olds to be placed in local authority controlled bedsits. I don't know what the situation is now.

Betsy has always proved herself to be enterprising and worked as soon as she was legally allowed to. I don't agree with the social media stance, but she is in year 11 now and I do wonder if any of the posters here were strong willed, independent 15/16 year olds themselves? I knew my own mind then as did my peers.

Like it or not guys, but alot of 15/16 year old girls from every social background are getting drunk, having sex. Because they want to. They always have done and they always will do.

Reactions: 22
An excessive amount of pearl clutching I feel on the previous thread that makes me wonder if certain posters were ever 16 year old girls.

The current law, in my opinion, of making young adults stay in full time education until 18 is bollocks and widely disregarded by many non academic 16 year olds. My niece lasted a term in college, jacked it in, worked as many hours as she could for a fast food chain, supplemented her income with other part time work and now, at 18 has saved enough to do the travelling she always planned to do.

In my day, we could leave at 16, half the class did, into full time employment. The law is there to stop 16 year old bumping up the unemployment figures.

In the 1980s and 1990s it was common practice for troubled 15/16 year olds to be placed in local authority controlled bedsits. I don't know what the situation is now.

Betsy has always proved herself to be enterprising and worked as soon as she was legally allowed to. I don't agree with the social media stance, but she is in year 11 now and I do wonder if any of the posters here were strong willed, independent 15/16 year olds themselves? I knew my own mind then as did my peers.

Like it or not guys, but alot of 15/16 year old girls from every social background are getting drunk, having sex. Because they want to. They always have done and they always will do.
The point is that Betsy’s social media “career” is just her mum tagging her in posts and asking her own followers to follow her child. If Betsy had done it off her own bat and worked hard to gain followers and create a popular niche account, I don’t think any of us would give a tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The point is that Betsy’s social media “career” is just her mum tagging her in posts and asking her own followers to follow her child. If Betsy had done it off her own bat and worked hard to gain followers and create a popular niche account, I don’t think any of us would give a tit.
Add that to the fact that everyone can work out their address, knows which school she attends and that she sleeps in a shed in the garden, I'd say she's more vulnerable than your average teen working a Saturday in Nandos.

Ptwm shares way too much for someone claiming to work with people affected by DV and has no concept of Safeguarding for those people and her own family.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
my post about what she is allowed to do legally was emphasising the fact that these laws are in place to protect children. I'm well aware that most, if not all teenagers are doing all that stuff from a much younger age, but if the law can try protect a child from vulnerable situations then why can't a mother? If B wants to do #ads off her own back then fair enough but we all know that's not the case. She's been told education and exam results don't matter, just get thousands of followers on insta and you'll be raking it in. But what happens when the #ads dry up? Or when she gets trolled? Or when dirty old men start messaging her? Does she have the mental capacity and maturity to deal with any negative comments at 15? I highly doubt it and that's setting her up for a massive fall in the future. One of R's favourite sayings is she hopes to raise adults that don't need therapy to recover from their childhood, i don't see her doing a very good job of that to be honest.

Reactions: 21
my post about what she is allowed to do legally was emphasising the fact that these laws are in place to protect children. I'm well aware that most, if not all teenagers are doing all that stuff from a much younger age, but if the law can try protect a child from vulnerable situations then why can't a mother? If B wants to do #ads off her own back then fair enough but we all know that's not the case. She's been told education and exam results don't matter, just get thousands of followers on insta and you'll be raking it in. But what happens when the #ads dry up? Or when she gets trolled? Or when dirty old men start messaging her? Does she have the mental capacity and maturity to deal with any negative comments at 15? I highly doubt it and that's setting her up for a massive fall in the future. One of R's favourite sayings is she hopes to raise adults that don't need therapy to recover from their childhood, i don't see her doing a very good job of that to be honest.
Remember ptwm story when she was crying and struggling with the trolls and needed rescue remedy? And she wants to subject her 15 year old to that when her as a 40 year old couldn't handle it?

Reactions: 25
All that bullshit about having to take Edie into school and all she actually does is stand by the car and get Tallulah and Isaac to take Edie in to her class 🙄 lazy witch.

Reactions: 7
Haaaa screaming, her and her mate literally think they are Kardashian’s. Tragic.
Also, is that what she classes as the school run? Lazy cow.

Reactions: 7
Is Betsy still working at the hairdressers? Haven't seen it mentioned for a while

Reactions: 3
Remember ptwm story when she was crying and struggling with the trolls and needed rescue remedy? And she wants to subject her 15 year old to that when her as a 40 year old couldn't handle it?
oh yes, she handled it all brilliantly didnt she 😂

tbf R's defination of a troll is just anyone that doesn't blow smoke up her arse and dares to question where the thousands of pounds she raked in on paypal every month has been spent. Disagreeing with someones opinion is not trolling

Reactions: 15
Cringing hell what was that in the car - big tits tina and cunty carol :sick:.
She seriously needs to stop trying to be cool and down with the kids.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Haaaa screaming, her and her mate literally think they are Kardashian’s. Tragic.
Also, is that what she classes as the school run? Lazy cow.
ugh, don’t get me started on her mate. You can see they’re a pair of mean girls together

Reactions: 4
Is Betsy still working at the hairdressers? Haven't seen it mentioned for a while
Never mentions it anymore. Strange as they sent a letter :rolleyes: to R saying B was the kindest, most amazing worker they had ever had.
It's actually tragic how R writes these letters to herself. Mad witch.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Never mentions it anymore. Strange as they sent a letter :rolleyes: to R saying B was the kindest, most amazing worker they had ever had.
It's actually tragic how R writes these letters to herself. Mad witch.
She was working in a cafe type place earlier this year, R did some posts/stories about it. That might have been a summer job though, no idea. Remember how everytime a Boohoo or PrettyLittleThing package was seen it was Betsy "spending her wages" ie: definitely not the PayPal money 🙄😂😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
She was working in a cafe type place earlier this year, R did some posts/stories about it. That might have been a summer job though, no idea. Remember how everytime a Boohoo or PrettyLittleThing package was seen it was Betsy "spending her wages" ie: definitely not the PayPal money 🙄😂😂
R got a letter from here as well :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I have students who are wonderful, kind, hard working young people. I would never have the time to send a letter home to them, and I don’t know a single teacher who would.

Reactions: 8
I have students who are wonderful, kind, hard working young people. I would never have the time to send a letter home to them, and I don’t know a single teacher who would.
My teen daughter did kind of get a letter sent home from a teacher a couple of months ago. It was a postcard actually, but it just contained a couple of sentences saying that the department was pleased with her progress this term in that subject (she had been falling behind a bit last year) and that they wanted her parents to know.

That was it, just a quick note home to say well done and sent via the school office. It was short, impersonal but it got to the point and it was sweet to receive. Teachers are indeed under so many pressures it meant a lot to me that they had done that. Also I understand that my daughter won't have been singled out, I'm pretty sure a fair few students will get one each term or whenever.

I also didn't share it on social media 🤭

Main thing though. There was none of this gushing, overbloated nonsense that Rs girls seem to attract everywhere they go. No teacher would have the time or inclination to do that, I agree.

Reactions: 12
My teen daughter did kind of get a letter sent home from a teacher a couple of months ago. It was a postcard actually, but it just contained a couple of sentences saying that the department was pleased with her progress this term in that subject
Lots of places I’ve worked have sent postcards or done phone calls home (I’ve done both in the past) but a letter is a whole new kettle of fish.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.