Part Time Working Mummy #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t like to defend PTWM but we took our 5 year old away for the weekend in the summer holidays whilst our older daughter was at her grandmothers. I think one to one time with just one child can be good for them.
But I can see people’s point that if she had the chance to leave baby behind too she probably would have ie if he was taking a bottle XX

Reactions: 4
I don’t like to defend PTWM but we took our 5 year old away for the weekend in the summer holidays whilst our older daughter was at her grandmothers. I think one to one time with just one child can be good for them.
But I can see people’s point that if she had the chance to leave baby behind too she probably would have ie if he was taking a bottle XX
I don’t disagree with 1:1 time spent with children at all, it just doesn’t seem fair in this case because they have only taken W because he is too young to leave with someone else and they never do it with any of the other children. If it was Isaac or Tallulah away with them then I would think actually they are considering that child’s needs and the quality time to be their parent’s priority is really beneficial. But that would never happen! This whole weekend has been organised because it’s what Rachel wants, with no consideration for any child’s needs, and even if it’s rest and recuperation, the child she has complained about keeping her awake all night is still with her so it’s even less necessary for them to go away. I honestly believe she and Josh will go away again within six months and if Wilby is mobile by then he will be left behind too because you can’t lie in bed all day eating and watching films with a needy seven month old crawling everywhere and needing constant attention.

Reactions: 6
I don't dispute spending time with individual children is good, nor is going away as a one off once and a while but how many times have they been to that lodge just them? And I don't think they have ever taken any of the other children there? Or even on 1:1 trips.

Have they been #gifted the lodge? If all the children were off to their respective fathers, I think this lovely break would make sense. It’s a shame S & I and B & T are not spending a lovely weekend with their absent parents. That would be a true blended family.

Reactions: 7
This is just my personal opinion so please don't jump on me.

I've never understood why people have children and then go on holiday without them. I know a weekend isn't a holiday really but I guess my thought is having children is a sacrifice, and you have to make those sacrifices until they are old enough for you not to make them anymore.
I'm getting married next year and if we go away our daughter will be coming with us. She's part of the wedding so why not be part of the honey moon.
Not jumping on anyone, just sharing my experience/view!

My now husband and I eloped in February. We had booked Vegas for my 30th, and decided that it was what we wanted to do after years of being engaged and constantly having to put our wedding on the back burner. There was no way we were going to be able to take the children with us (they were 1 and 3 years old). So they had a fun week with their grandparents instead, being spoiled, whilst we enjoyed some time away together and had a lovely wedding day. I don’t think it’s fair to say that once you’re a parent you should give up everything you once enjoyed.

There’s a difference between going out/away once in a blue moon, and never being there for your kids because your social life comes first. My children always come first and I am with them every day of the week 24/7 with very little support and no family nearby. I’ve sacrificed a lot for them, including my career, and never complain because that’s what mothers should do imo. It’s not unfair to seize the opportunity when it arises, especially if it so seldom does. I spent most of our holiday checking in on the kids anyway via FaceTime. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I don’t begrudge these two their holiday (unless it’s being paid for out of the PayPal funds) but I just don’t understand why. It gives that vibe of wanting to be in your own little bubble and pretending to be a family of 3, while the reality is the 4 other kids back home. Maybe the kids don’t care, but you’d think the parents would. Just my thoughts.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Not jumping on anyone, just sharing my experience/view!

My now husband and I eloped in February. We had booked Vegas for my 30th, and decided that it was what we wanted to do after years of being engaged and constantly having to put our wedding on the back burner. There was no way we were going to be able to take the children with us (they were 1 and 3 years old). So they had a fun week with their grandparents instead, being spoiled, whilst we enjoyed some time away together and had a lovely wedding day. I don’t think it’s fair to say that once you’re a parent you should give up everything you once enjoyed.

There’s a difference between going out/away once in a blue moon, and never being there for your kids because your social life comes first. My children always come first and I am with them every day of the week 24/7 with very little support and no family nearby. I’ve sacrificed a lot for them, including my career, and never complain because that’s what mothers should do imo. It’s not unfair to seize the opportunity when it arises, especially if it so seldom does. I spent most of our holiday checking in on the kids anyway via FaceTime. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I don’t begrudge these two their holiday (unless it’s being paid for out of the PayPal funds) but I just don’t understand why. It gives that vibe of wanting to be in your own little bubble and pretending to be a family of 3, while the reality is the 4 other kids back home. Maybe the kids don’t care, but you’d think the parents would. Just my thoughts.
100 % agree with this. I understand where others are coming from but in my case my (now ex) husband was in the army so when he was on leave we tried to get a short break away from our 3 boys. But we never took 1 and left the others. It was all or none. I said it before and will say it again.. just PLEASE be grateful you have a healthy family R!! Stop moaning about everything....

Reactions: 11
I do feel for the boys as they’re not with family. My children, after spending all week busy with school and clubs, look forward to the weekend to see us. My son is Isaac’s age and wild struggle with only seeing his dad for a couple of hours on Sunday evening before going back to school. More so with his dad than me because he’s at work all week.

Reactions: 2
Sell your story to the press keeps popping up on her stories 😂......TEMPTED much......yes very much

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm sodding off on Friday for the whole weekend, and leaving my 10&11 year old with their grandma. I feel absolutely no remorse for this :D

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I'll admit, we'll take our 11 year old to concerts which means an over night away, and leave the youngest at home, but it's not because she's not being singled out, she's just too young to go.
If we were going away for a weekend which was age appropriate for them both, they would both be there.

The comments from her deluded followers saying enjoy, you so deserve this break, I mean WTF. She does duck all apart from do the odd food shop (then writes about how traumatic it was) then goes to bed all day. No people like Bigmama on here deserve the break and others quietly going about their lives helping others without bragging about it and wanting praise&adoration for any tiny thing.
Then again maybe she does deserve an old dingy shed in the middle if nowhere, hopefully theres a few rats and spiders to keep her company. Now that she does deserve.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don’t know how she has the audacity to say that her parents are both useless when her mum is in her life still quite a bit. From what I’ve seen, she’s a better parent to her than my mum is to me and I wouldn’t dream of slagging mine off publicly for my kids to read.

Reactions: 12
I don’t know how she has the audacity to say that her parents are both useless when her mum is in her life still quite a bit. From what I’ve seen, she’s a better parent to her than my mum is to me and I wouldn’t dream of slagging mine off publicly for my kids to read.
I've never understood how she bleats on about her mum being toxic (yet another one!) Yet she is perfectly happy to allow T to spend time with her and stay over. Then again everything in her life seems to be made up of lies, half truths and bullshit.

Lovely how she can't even give W a bath without swearing and calling J a dick.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.