Part Time Working Mummy #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t agree with him being spoilt for that reason too, obviously he needs to be cared for on demand and that’s only right. What I do think is unfair on her other kids is that she’s booked this trip away now knowing he will have to go with them and the others weren’t also invited. Edie might be with her father but the other four will be with neither parent the whole time they’re away and it’s not really fair on them, particularly Isaac as he’s not that much older than Edie.
Oh yes I get that x

Reactions: 1
I’m not defending her in away shape or form but seriously you can not spoil a baby!!

Whoever came up with that bullshit needs a slap and this is coming from a “proper” mummy of 6.

What I don’t understand though is how she can leave any of the others out, the middle one is with her mum, is this the same woman who abandoned her??
Issac is at home with his mate?? Why not take him and spend some time with both boys??

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’m not defending her in away shape or form but seriously you can not spoil a baby!!

Whoever came up with that bullshit needs a slap and this is coming from a “proper” mummy of 6.

What I don’t understand though is how she can leave any of the others out, the middle one is with her mum, is this the same woman who abandoned her??
Issac is at home with his mate?? Why not take him and spend some time with both boys??
Poor Isaac. He must surely at some level feel a bit abandoned about this.

Reactions: 3
I agree personally I think he would have loved some 1 on 1 time with his dad and brother

Reactions: 6

Yep, the one who abandoned her 🙄

She was at the hospital for all of few hours if that and now she’s letting her middle daughter have a room..wow just wow

Poor Seb and Issac. They both seem such sweethearts but neither R or J seem to ever give them one on one time. Same for Talulah really.

She was at the hospital for all of few hours if that and now she’s letting her middle daughter have a room..wow just wow
I seem to remember T has long had a sound relationship with Rs mum. It's not a new thing.

I can't imagine the other kids would have jumped at a weekend in a damp shed with no wifi and a few dvds and are probably chuffed to be doing their own things - my other four adore their little sibling but they still liked doing their own thing.

Reactions: 9
I seem to remember T has long had a sound relationship with Rs mum. It's not a new thing.

I can't imagine the other kids would have jumped at a weekend in a damp shed with no wifi and a few dvds and are probably chuffed to be doing their own things - my other four adore their little sibling but they still liked doing their own thing.
I think T is probably at her paternal grandmothers house - from what I remember she sees her regularly. Could be wrong but someone will hopefully correct me.

Reactions: 2
Of course it doesn’t feel weird for her to just have one with her, she’s always palming them off on other people, it’s second nature. She’s got the bloke she stalked and their baby, what more would she want?

Also what a bleeping bullshitter?? Watching movies without a tv and posting to Instagram without internet, what a HERO she is!

I think what I find most strange about her attitude is the lack of anxiety she feels over five of her children all being in different places whilst she’s off having a lovely time in the woods with Josh and baby. What if something happened to one or two or them and they needed rescuing or medical attention? How would they get to them or would she just leave it to whatever adults are with them right now to deal with it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Do people seriously still think that we should let babies cry? He is 6 weeks old.. if he whimpers of course he should be held or fed 🙄. It’s very well researched that it doesn’t ‘spoil’ the baby.

also, not to defend her, but I really don’t see the problem with them going away without the other kids. Id so anything for a good night away from my DD - just to sleep! but I don’t have the support network for that.

Reactions: 23
Do people seriously still think that we should let babies cry? He is 6 weeks old.. if he whimpers of course he should be held or fed 🙄. It’s very well researched that it doesn’t ‘spoil’ the baby.

also, not to defend her, but I really don’t see the problem with them going away without the other kids. Id so anything for a good night away from my DD - just to sleep! but I don’t have the support network for that.
I agree. There are many reasons for not taking all children - the age gap, cost to take them all etc. I have a 10 year age gap and I'm now doing things with my 4 year old that I did when my eldest was his age. I would rather take my newborn than leave it behind.

I agree. There are many reasons for not taking all children - the age gap, cost to take them all etc. I have a 10 year age gap and I'm now doing things with my 4 year old that I did when my eldest was his age. I would rather take my newborn than leave it behind.
I can understand not taking the teens but seems unfair on the 10, 9 and 6 year olds. I doubt they got a choice in the matter. Can’t speak for anyone else but if it was a matter of cost and I had to leave some kids behind, I’d wait until I could afford to take them all 🤷🏼‍♀️ It’s not like a weekend away with your husband is a divine right. It’s a massive luxury.

• Heart
I can understand not taking the teens but seems unfair on the 10, 9 and 6 year olds. I doubt they got a choice in the matter. Can’t speak for anyone else but if it was a matter of cost and I had to leave some kids behind, I’d wait until I could afford to take them all 🤷🏼‍♀️ It’s not like a weekend away with your husband is a divine right. It’s a massive luxury.
And let's face it, it isn't the first time they've fucked off without the kids. I bet if W was bottle fed he'd be at home too.

Reactions: 7
This is just my personal opinion so please don't jump on me.

I've never understood why people have children and then go on holiday without them. I know a weekend isn't a holiday really but I guess my thought is having children is a sacrifice, and you have to make those sacrifices until they are old enough for you not to make them anymore.
I'm getting married next year and if we go away our daughter will be coming with us. She's part of the wedding so why not be part of the honey moon.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
This is just my personal opinion so please don't jump on me.

I've never understood why people have children and then go on holiday without them. I know a weekend isn't a holiday really but I guess my thought is having children is a sacrifice, and you have to make those sacrifices until they are old enough for you not to make them anymore.
I'm getting married next year and if we go away our daughter will be coming with us. She's part of the wedding so why not be part of the honey moon.
The length of time from my oldest being born to my youngest being 18 will be over 30 years! That's a long time to martyr yourself to motherhood. The occasional weekend away is fine (and now positively encouraged by my oldest who recognises the importance of being a person in my own right not just mum)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.