Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

tskiry56

Currently going through my 3rd year of this, has anyone else had experience of it and successfully overcome?
Is there a reason why you haven't seen your child/children for this period?
My son didnt see his 'dad' for over a year.
But there was domestic violence towards myself. I allowed my son to see his dad after the final act of violence ( He made me feel sorry for him) but I then had a real concern for my sons welfare and the police advised contact should be stopped.Due to the impact it was having on my son at such a young age.
I had a restraining order and my ex was charged with ABH.
My ex didn't see my son for over a year until he got the courts involved.
After nearly 2 years going to court he gets to see him once a fortnight.
I never said a bad word to my son but he witnessed the violence from the age of 2. He is now 6. He knows I dont like his dad as he saw everything he did to me.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2

Drea1984

Chatty Member
My partner hasn’t seen his child for nearly 6 years due to this. It’s very sad though I suspect very common

• Sad
Reactions: 1

Petelgeuse

My partner hasn’t seen his child for nearly 6 years due to this. It’s very sad though I suspect very common
I'm sorry to hear that, my ex is with someone who is the master of brainwashing. I've just started with a new Solicitor's to get this sorted.

Reactions: 1

tskiry56

That I've been alienated or that I've asked the question?

No reason for me to be alienated to be honest , the ex made a terrible choice of partner and well , this is where we are after 3 years.
Sorry I was editing my post I meant a reason why she alienated you.
It's sad that this can happen especially if you are a good dad. I hope everything works out for you I know how expensive courts can be.

Petelgeuse

Sorry I was editing my post I meant a reason why she alienated you.
It's sad that this can happen especially if you are a good dad. I hope everything works out for you I know how expensive courts can be.
Thanks, the children kept reaching out only to have contact cut by them both. Just sad that people can be like that 😢

Petelgeuse

Currently going through my 3rd year of this, has anyone else had experience of it and successfully overcome?