Painful Period after Covid Vaccine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same here. First period since was a few days late, otherwise fine. Second one was a week late, with period pain each day for 7 days from the day it was meant to arrive (when normally I only have period pain for one day) then my period finally arrived and I had the worst pain I've ever experienced, which kept going even after it stopped - all over the course of 11 days in total.

Scheduled a private GP appointment who told me it wasn't vaccine related as she's seen no data that points to a link between the two, and I should be checked for an ovarian cyst or something similar. So booked an NHS appointment who told me the previous dr was wrong and there is a link. It's always "discuss your concerns with a medical professional" but clearly they still don't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to this vax and none of them are on the same page.

I then asked how long this will go on for as I have my next one coming up soon, which she hurriedly responded with "no you need to get it and protect yourself!!!" Yes okay but can we not just dismiss the fact that it's completely fucked up my periods for god knows how long? This is a legitimate (and quite frightening side effect) for women to experience that deserves consideration. Similarly another doctor scoffed when I asked previously if there was potential of the vaccine worsening my migraines (as I've found with other medication) and said "well if you got COVID you would have a headache".... Yeah. They're MIGRAINES not headaches and it's something I suffer from NOW that I need to think about versus COVID that I may never experience!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I’ve mentioned my issues on here before but it does now make me reluctant to get the booster of the vaccine when they come out. What’s everyone else’s thoughts?

Reactions: 1
I honestly don't know.

I'm in two Covid higher risk categories (asthma and obesity) but these hormone changes have knocked me for six. If the numbers go up substantially in my area I might go for a booster but if they remain fairly stagnant I'm not sure I will.

I honestly don't know.

I'm in two Covid higher risk categories (asthma and obesity) but these hormone changes have knocked me for six. If the numbers go up substantially in my area I might go for a booster but if they remain fairly stagnant I'm not sure I will.
Have you thought about having an antibodies test to see how many antibodies you do have (whether that be natural or vaccine induced). If you have lots of antibodies then you might not need the booster.

I am so glad I have found this thread, it’s like a lightbulb has gone on. My last period was so painful, I had waves of contraction like pain as my body started to pass clots. I’ve never ever experienced periods like this before. It cannot be a coincidence that we are all suffering changes since the jab and it worries me. Thanks for sharing all your experiences.

Reactions: 6
Another sufferer here too. Cycle has gone from 28 days to nearer 40. Totally random. Very heavy bleeding / clots and the pains have been crippling at times.

Also I've had terrible mood swings too.

I haven't really had any more pain than usual but mine are SO heavy now, I have had my period now for a week (usually 4 ish days, and only 3 of heavy bleeding) now it has been really heavy for the whole week

My cycle has gone haywire and it’s messing up my life! I would always have gotten hormonal but now the mood swings are just impossible now, combined with more spotting, a heavier period than normal and terrible pain. I got my first Pfizer dose in June and 2nd in August.

It’a quite comforting to find this thread and know i’m not alone but also worrying that this is so widespread. And that no one can tell if there are any long term repercussions for women’s fertility

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Reassuring to read this thread. I've had one AZ vaccine back in late March. My periods are normally every 30/31 days. Since the vaccine I've had three periods that have been 27 day cycles. I've never had a less than 28 day cycle in my life prior to this. My last 2 periods have both been 27 days apart.

Can't say I've noticed them being any heavier, but my cycle has definitely changed.

I had Pfizer.. periods are so much more painful (they were already very bad due to the copper coil), and they are suddenly shorter. Used to have 3 days of light, 3 days of very heavy then a day of light again. The last couple of times since my second vaccine Iv had 3 days of extremely heavy, then it’s just over 🤷🏻‍♀️

I had Pfizer.. periods are so much more painful (they were already very bad due to the copper coil), and they are suddenly shorter. Used to have 3 days of light, 3 days of very heavy then a day of light again. The last couple of times since my second vaccine Iv had 3 days of extremely heavy, then it’s just over 🤷🏻‍♀️
Exactly the same with times! Three extremely heavy days then nothing. Hoping it's temporary and nothing permanent as it's been unbareable the last two months.

Reactions: 2
I’m on day 31 just now… I did previously have odd cycles that generally were 40 days anyway. I had the first AZ in march, second in May. After the 1st my cycles went to every 2 weeks as I’ve mentioned previously. All symptoms were amplified and some periods were so very very heavy and huge clots in (which I’ve never had before). I am hoping this is now them settling. 100% won’t be taking the booster if I’m offered (obese so in a vulnerable group) unless I have to.

• Sad
Ugh yes. Worst periods of my life. Heavy, painful, clots the size of ping-pong balls. Not to mention intense pms like symptoms, I'm furious, bloated, hungry constantly, emotional, clumsy and shitting like I've drunk nothing but coffee for five years.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Second period since I got my second shot late August. For the second time in a row, my period lasted 2 days instead of four. My period has always lasted 4 days since I got my first period at 14. For 16 years, the duration of my period was exactly the same and suddenly, after the vaccine, it became shorter. The flow is heavier than normal though. I get four days of flow in two. I'm monitoring this for the next four months and if nothing changes, I'll see a doctor and highlight it's definitely linked to the vaccine. No way it's not especially as my diet is quite strict (no meat, no dairy, no alcohol, no smoking) and I'm not taking any medicine. I'm utterly confused and hope it will revert back to normal because periods lasting 2 days is abnormal.

I had some clots, but nothing alarming or out of the ordinary.

My periods are way worse as well. Heavier, more painful and I get very depressed in the days leading to my period.
I originally thought it'd sorted out as I had a period that was okay but no, my periods are still worse than ever.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Has anyone had changes that have lasted more than two cycles? I finally worked up the courage to talk to my MH nurse about it and she wants me to book a GP appointment but she was very skeptical that they could be linked because it only causes 'short term changes'.

This was the house of commons it mentions menstrual cycle problems
. Its not been reported on and this was its 2nd reading. Also, something to bear in mind is they estimated only a tiny % of people actually bother to report a reaction as most don't connect it to vaccines and some don't bother others report to their Dr who is supposed to report it but the majority don't and many don't even know about it.

Reactions: 2
I had the jab in July, last period was August :( since I’ve felt pms symptoms pretty much every day and it’s really affecting my mental health. Really hoping it sorts out soon as we’re supposed to be TTC. As a result I won’t be getting the 2nd shot or booster jab

• Sad
Is anyone going to have the booster/3rd jab if it gets offered?

I am still on the mini pill to stop my periods but I really don't think I'll have a 3rd jab if it's offered to me. I regret having the first 2 tbh and if I could turn back I wouldn't have had them.

Has anyone had changes that have lasted more than two cycles? I finally worked up the courage to talk to my MH nurse about it and she wants me to book a GP appointment but she was very skeptical that they could be linked because it only causes 'short term changes'.
Yeah the weird periods have been going on for six months now!

• Sad