Overweight and trying to conceive

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can any advice be given on this?
I’m wanting to visit the GP but don’t want it to be focused/blamed on weight, I understand that it’s a contributing factor but surely not the sole cause?! I have an underactive thyroid (was overactive but was given too higher dose of radioactive iodine to help stabilise 🙃) and low iron levels. Can anyone relate?

Reactions: 3
It could be down to your thyroid more than your weight if it's either side of normal it can have an effect...

Reactions: 1
How over weight are we talking? What’s your BMI?

I have PCOS and the NHS have criteria and will heavily focus on your weight and BMI.

I have PCOS and my gynae won’t offer me fertility drugs until my BMI is 30, it’s currently around 35. X

I got pregnant when I was very very overweight (I was trying to lose but I was still big). I had been off the pill for almost a year and hadn’t got pregnant but started taking iron tablets and fell pregnant within 2 weeks.

Reactions: 2
I know I need to lose weight myself, but I'm too embarrassed to go to the doctor's about it. Ive totally lost the motivation to lose and I feel stuck in a rut. I too, want to conceive and have been off contraception for nearly a year now.