Overrated bands and Artists

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sam Smith - I’d rather gouge my inner ears out with toothpicks than sit through any of the dirge he’s produced (they, whatever). He comes across as a spoilt brat as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Beyonce: musical porridge.

LadBaby: grifters, fleecing fans 'for charity' and the worst thing to happen to music since Buddy Holly died in a plane crash

Cardi B: Just stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Beyonce - WTF , why does everyone think she's a queen , I don't get it, never have, she is just one of those celebs that are pushed onto us and we are told how amazing she is, I don't think anyone comes to this opinion by themselves. None of her music is memorable at all

Ed Sheeran - Just don't like him, so whingey

Adele - same as Ed sheeran the whinging , Also more annoying since she lost weight and morphed into an instagram filter , the lip fillers and the constant licking of the lips :mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Ollie Murs.

Ollie bleeping Murs.
The single blandest male pop star to ever crawl out of the television.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Beyonce - WTF , why does everyone think she's a queen , I don't get it, never have, she is just one of those celebs that are pushed onto us and we are told how amazing she is, I don't think anyone comes to this opinion by themselves. None of her music is memorable at all

Ed Sheeran - Just don't like him, so whingey

Adele - same as Ed sheeran the whinging , Also more annoying since she lost weight and morphed into an instagram filter , the lip fillers and the constant licking of the lips :mad:
I am disgusted by the way people treated Harry Styles at and after the Grammys because he won and people felt she should have won instead of him

I’m not even a Harry fan and felt disturbed by people blatantly being rude to him at the awards because he won.

Reactions: 6
Jennifer Lopez - can't sing
Jess Glynne - I remember a former work colleague telling me she had been to a Jess Glynne concert, and without thinking I said "oh does she sound less goat-y in real life?" and she looked at me all confused...
Little Mix - meh songs and they all seem miserable, especially Jade and Leigh Anne
The Beach Boys - I dunno why but I find their songs a bit pretentious
The Beatles - I only like a couple of their songs but wouldn't go out my way to listen to them
The Rolling Stones - not a fan of any songs
Dua Lipa - she's just average. I also think she looks sweaty and smelly all the time
Adele - I don't like her voice or songs, she has an annoying personality

Any singer who over-affects their voice to sound the same as other singers... I can't think of any proper examples now, but currently the singer in the advert for the George Michael documentary on Channel 4. He seems to be copying others.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Cant stand LadBaby, Sam Smith and Adele - I'm convinced her 'I'm so down to earth' is an act

Reactions: 6
You don't have to like The Beatles, but they are the single most important band in the world. It's that simple.

Also, Eric Clapton has one good song; the album version of Layla.

That's it.

Reactions: 3
I find the Beatles really boring 😬🫣 I don't understand the importance of them when people say they're the best band in the world. More than happy to be enlightened but I can't see it myself 😅

Reactions: 10
I find the Beatles really boring 😬🫣 I don't understand the importance of them when people say they're the best band in the world. More than happy to be enlightened but I can't see it myself 😅
came here to say that their latest single is utter dreary dross. They are a tit band.

came here to say that their latest single is utter dreary dross. They are a tit band.
Was never a fan of them, but I can see how they got big in their day. Wouldn't win a flowerpot these days and also shouldn't have released that single.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My people!!!

My overrated list covers a lot already on here, but I would add:
Billie Eilish
Harry Styles
Lana Del Ray
The 1975
Shawn Mendes
Post Malone
Doja Cat
Lil Nas X
Bad Bunny
The Beatles
Elvis
Michael Jackson
RHCP
U2

I would switch radio stations/put my headphones on to avoid all of these artists. for balance, I think Frank Turner, Grace Petrie, Jim Lockey & The Solemn Sun, Frightened Rabbit, Will Varley & China Bears are all criminally underrated, I don't just hate all music ;P

Reactions: 1
For me

Most of the artists that have emerged in the last 2 decades are just awful with the occasional good one thrown in but that's just my style and taste imo

Definitely can't stand Ed Sheeran and Adele 👎👎👎👎👎

You don't have to like The Beatles, but they are the single most important band in the world. It's that simple.

Also, Eric Clapton has one good song; the album version of Layla.

That's it.
I don't see anyone disputing their importance in the pop culture but that doesn't change that a. they got lucky and b. they're still tit? Given their factual importance whilst being crap they fit nicely in a thread about being OVERrated.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5