Over processed hair help!!!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So my hair is a mess! I’ve been going to the same hairdresser for 6 years - she has always been amazing - started off with a small salon and has expanded and now has a beautiful salon in the next town along. When she moved location I had no issue travelling further as she has always been amazing. She is probably the most expensive hairdresser in the area but has always been worth it. The second to last time I had my hair done (right before lockdown 3) it definitely wasn’t as good as normal - I usually have a balayage - but i had a lot cut off as was dead ends and she went quite a lot lighter than normal - the colour was obviously toned a lot in salon as did not last so well - however I put it down to winter weather, heat styling etc.
Lockdown 3 happened so my appointments were cancelled and I went back the first week there were open in April. I had a quarter foils booked - as she had suggested as my greys are coming through a fair bit now that it would be better to go lighter on top so when they come in they blend a lot better. Again she’s always been good (apart from the one time before this which I thought was me) so I agreed. Well I immediately knew I didn’t like it after one wash.The colour must have been toned to within an inch of its life as after one wash it has gone a very brassy coppery blonde almost ginger. Additionally when I mentioned in the appointment how my hair was dry and damaged and would a treatment help she tried to sell me some MLM product she has started selling on the side to apparently “build the goodness from within” at a cost of £47 per month! Needless to say I didn’t take it!
I’ve been really unhappy with my hair and today booked a consultation with a salon near to me that has a good reputation locally. The lady I saw said my hair is over processed and showed me in the mirror how damaged it is. This has surprised me so much as my hairdresser has always marketed herself as using low volume expensive bleach over a longer time to get results without damage - so whether she changed products I’m not sure.
Anyway the new salon has suggested I have a dark tint put on my roots and smudged down to bring down the warmth and to avoid using bleach for the next few months to try and repair it. She is also going to give it a good cut (which really shouldn’t be necessary as I had 6in cut off in October but this bleach has dried it completely). She won’t touch it for a fortnight either as it’s only been 4 weeks since I had it done.
Ive ordered some Aveda repair shampoo and conditioner, I have biotin tablets and I’ve ordered it’s a 10 miracle mask but would welcome any other advice!!!

Reactions: 1
I had a nightmare too recently and my hair was over bleached splodgy and fried. Had to go somewhere else and get it corrected. If it's orangy colour you should try the colour deposit conditioners until you go and get it sorted! They won't damage your hair etc

I had a nightmare too recently and my hair was over bleached splodgy and fried. Had to go somewhere else and get it corrected. If it's orangy colour you should try the colour deposit conditioners until you go and get it sorted! They won't damage your hair etc
Would it be best to go for a brunette one? To tone down the ginger blonde?

Sounds like the new salon is a good idea. I would try to give it a good condition in the meantime and keep heat off it as much as possible, I really like the Aussie deep treatment.

I’ve had similar problems with my hair since the third lockdown, my hair was in the best condition it has ever been in and then for whatever reason the last lockdown seems to have ruined my hair. I’ve had to have a lot cut off and she only used 10% vol this time but she never needs to tone it.

Try Olaplex.
I found my hair in the worst condition it’s ever been in and was suggested Olaplex.
I googled how to use it and found so much information on how to care for your hair, no sulphites or silicone in products you use. Sleeping on a silk or satin pillow case and weekly deep conditioning treatments.
My hair is improving so much.

Reactions: 1