Outlander series (tv and book!)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anybody a fan? Season 5 starts on Prime tomorrow. I thought season 1 stuck really closely to the book and every season since has deviated. I don’t mind too much as I try to appreciate them as separate things, but hoping they stick a bit closer to the books in this season as the Frasers at the Ridge are some of my favourite bits in the book series!

Reactions: 1
Season 1 was amazing, while the first half of season 2 was also amazing. Then as the show progress, it has kind of fell apart. I feel with Season 1 they were given more time for production and really took their time. But since then season 3 and 4 seem rushed and doesn't really tell the story very well. That what I think, anyway. I'm hoping season 5 will be better.

Season 1 was amazing, while the first half of season 2 was also amazing. Then as the show progress, it has kind of fell apart. I feel with Season 1 they were given more time for production and really took their time. But since then season 3 and 4 seem rushed and doesn't really tell the story very well. That what I think, anyway. I'm hoping season 5 will be better.
Yeah I agree, they had loads of time to explore in season 1. 4 was especially rushed I felt!! Hoping to find time to put the new episode on tonight while, I hope it’s good! 🤞🏻

I have been waiting forever for someone to start a thread on this! Was beginning to think I was the only one obsessed as none of my friends and family watch, even though I talk about it all the time and try and convince them ❤❤

I have been waiting forever for someone to start a thread on this! Was beginning to think I was the only one obsessed as none of my friends and family watch, even though I talk about it all the time and try and convince them ❤❤
Ahhh same! I’ve tried to convince everyone I know to read the books or at least watch the series 😂😂

Reactions: 2
I love Outlander! Loved season 1 but that was probably because Jamie was always naked 😍 fell out of love with it when she went back to her own time. Fully back on track with season 4 and have watched season 5 first episode and enjoyed it

Jamie 😍
I enjoyed it when she is in Jamie’s time in Scotland.
When they went to America I lost interest

It’s a hate watch for me now. I used to adore it and loved that my baby was born in Claire’s 100th Birthday 😳. I found the silent movie really jarring and gimmicky and why on earth were Rodger and Bree singing over the closing credits. The only bit I enjoy now is the shot of Jamie in the opening credits.

I absolutely love it. I prefer the books, and feel that as the seasons have progressed they are missing out more and more detail. I feel like they could have split them into more seasons, rather than squeezing the whole thing into 1. Sam Heughan and Catriona Balfe are perfect for the parts.