Our Yorkshire Farm

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've seen Amands replying to a Instagram comment about her not allowing Annais and Violet to 'shine' Her reply basically said it was up to them how much of a part they played in the filming. Rightly so. If they don't want to be shown then I assume they stay out of the way.

Clem is massively bright from what I can see. I don't think Amanda pushes formal education (and she's only what 4/5?). She'll learn to count in days now she's at school. The Owens seem to focus more on life skills and practical things. Seems to work, Raven is at uni (medicine?). Ruben shows all the signs of being a great mechanic etc etc.
I love Syd and his pup. Such a good relationship. Violet and Edith are a bit younger than my youngest. They seem far more mature and grown up than mine does ( neither a good nor bad thing, different kids/lives/upbringing. Just an observation).

Reactions: 14
Does anyone else dislike this woman Amanda, as much as I do? Sorry, just can't warm to her. Liked her in the first series. She reminds me of Laura Whitmore, i.e like being in charge of their man!

Reactions: 4
Does anyone else dislike this woman Amanda, as much as I do? Sorry, just can't warm to her. Liked her in the first series. She reminds me of Laura Whitmore, i.e like being in charge of their man!
I think it’s probably just their relationship dynamic.

Ours is similar, I tend to make the decisions, I handle the bills/money/kids stuff, obviously we discuss everything but my husband is so laid back that nothing would get done 🙈
a lot of people would see it as him being ‘under the thumb’ but in all honesty he prefers me doing all that stuff and I prefer to be the one doing it.....we’ve been together 16 years so assume we’re doing something right 😂

• Heart
No judgement here - but I would wonder about having 9 children with a man 21 years older than me. Maybe I think too much, but I would be concerned about the possibility of being left to rear them alone.

When I was growing up on a farm, a neighbour had 21 children; 4 passed away in childbirth and one as a young child.
The Dad was alcoholic, and went to the pub on the tractor every night. The amount of times he was found in the ditch in the side of road the next morning.
In the end, he died peacefully in his sleep.
His wife, who had an awful time; died of breast cancer.
We always felt so sorry for his wife, she must have had an awful life with him; but managed to bring up all those children single handled on next to no money.
I hope she has a special place in heaven.
Her children all turned out lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have watched it on plus 1 and it really is becoming the Clemmie show.
Totally - probably like most of us, I started off thinking she was funny and cute, but now 😴 let some of the other kids have airtime please! Maybe it comes most naturally to her, but the quieter children have had recent moments of really starting to shine when they get a chance!

Reactions: 2
Fair enough, but it is not appropriate for a farm yard, you are far more likely to slip and slide in heels than in wellies. I am wondering if wearing bangles is a Yorkshire thing as Jeanie who appears in the Yorkshire vet wear s loads of them as well.
🤣 it’s really not a ‘Yorkshire thing’ 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My youngest sister lives on a Yorkshire farm and if I saw her in a mini skirt and loads of bracelets I would die laughing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I used to really like watching them, but this series not into it, I only watch if there's nothing else on!!!!

My youngest sister lives on a Yorkshire farm and if I saw her in a mini skirt and loads of bracelets I would die laughing.
It is strange when she is running round the farm yard chasing a sheep I'm a short skirt and bangles jangling, if she fell over she would have cuts and bruises on her legs for sure. That Jeanie woman on The Yorkshire Vet has bangles as well I find her quite scary I think she could fly into terrible rages 😟

I used to really like watching them, but this series not into it, I only watch if there's nothing else on!!!!
It's becoming the Clemmie show

She is too full of herself with a very "my way or the highway" approach. Interesting if any of the kids will stand up to her when they get older. I had a feeling that Raven would stand up to her but not in front of the cameras, Reuben seems laid back and placid and goes with the flow. It would be good if Clemmie became the rebel and defied her set in stone wishes.🤨

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
When I see those bangles I just think it’s a walking case of MRSA 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢 ...she makes me feel icky 😷

I’ve read the books and followed from the start of the shows. I do love it, I love the idea of their life however I do think she’s become fame hungry.

Reactions: 5
I’ve read the books and followed from the start of the shows. I do love it, I love the idea of their life however I do think she’s become fame hungry.
I agree. I liked them all at the start but she’s definitely changed and become more unlikeable. I think that’s because the fame and money has gone to her head. Always made me laugh when she said about not having iPads etc yet she posts on Instagram everyday

Reactions: 7
Totally agree. Plus the way she says, my way of the high way?? Hate that!!

Plus I can't help feeling the youngsters are aged 4 or 5, and their Dad is aged 67. They are going to miss up on their Dad in later life. Fact of life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Totally agree. Plus the way she says, my way of the high way?? Hate that!!

Plus I can't help feeling the youngsters are aged 4 or 5, and their Dad is aged 67. They are going to miss up on their Dad in later life. Fact of life.
Let's hope he lives into his 80's

Reactions: 1
Interesting to see that Amanda’s done a dog food advert on her Insta grid and there’s really mixed reactions to it, reading the comments - a split between people saying please don’t go down the #ad route and others saying she’s just paying her bills! I guess I don’t mind the odd advert if it’s relevant to her lifestyle, but if she starts selling out to anyone who pays her a fee then I’ll be unfollowing!

Has anyone else noticed that the (I think) final episode of the show didn’t air on Tuesday and has just disappeared from the Channel 5 schedule?! Very odd, wonder why? People have been asking Amanda on Insta and she replied to one person just saying “don’t worry, we’re still here and will be active on Twitter and Instagram” 🤔

Has anyone else noticed that the (I think) final episode of the show didn’t air on Tuesday and has just disappeared from the Channel 5 schedule?! Very odd, wonder why? People have been asking Amanda on Insta and she replied to one person just saying “don’t worry, we’re still here and will be active on Twitter and Instagram” 🤔
I thought that it had been moved to make way for Anne Boleyn which was awful !