Our Yorkshire Farm

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Clive's son from his first marriage works for Clive and Amanda on some land they have in a more lowland area. Mentioned in one of her books but not the TV series as far as I remember.

Reactions: 7
I don’t know when Clive and Amanda got together but the daughter is probably still in the child’s mindset of being hurt that the family has broken up and Amanda is the ‘other women’. To come crawling out all of a sudden to lay the boot in and expect money is wrong. I don’t think Amanda necessarily needed to go to the wedding tho.
Reading article the daughter says that her parents marriage had broken down and she, her mother and her siblings had moved out of Ravenseat before Amanda even arrived on the scene.

Reactions: 5
A comment on the article from someone who knows Clive suggests that Clive hasn’t changed but his ex wife was concerned about money. Wonder if Amanda has become more about money / fame recently too?

Reactions: 4
Not gonna lie its proper heartwarming seeing the way he interacts with the kids. He's a good dad! I hope he finds some happiness.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
A comment on the article from someone who knows Clive suggests that Clive hasn’t changed but his ex wife was concerned about money. Wonder if Amanda has become more about money / fame recently too?
The thing is farming doesn't make much money at all and they are tenant farmers so don't own the farm or any property. They are millionaires now because of Amanda and her monetising of their life. They could only buy the other property because of that. His previous wife would have had to live on not much, then got divorced and had to live on less with 2 young children.

Reactions: 1
The thing is farming doesn't make much money at all and they are tenant farmers so don't own the farm or any property. They are millionaires now because of Amanda and her monetising of their life. They could only buy the other property because of that. His previous wife would have had to live on not much, then got divorced and had to live on less with 2 young children.
I get that, it’s common knowledge that farming isn’t lucrative. And for those that aren’t aware Jeremy Clarksons show highlighted it perfectly. However she’s made her million now, probably more than they ever could of envisaged, she’s off round the country leaving Clive (and I assume someone else) to deal with the kids and be farm so it’s come at a cost. Maybe it’s time to appreciate what she’s achieved and to now concentrate on saving her family, else she will be sat with her millions and no one to share it with 🤷‍♀️. Which in turn has defeated the object as they haven’t ended up with a better life

Reactions: 7
I get that, it’s common knowledge that farming isn’t lucrative. And for those that aren’t aware Jeremy Clarksons show highlighted it perfectly. However she’s made her million now, probably more than they ever could of envisaged, she’s off round the country leaving Clive (and I assume someone else) to deal with the kids and be farm so it’s come at a cost. Maybe it’s time to appreciate what she’s achieved and to now concentrate on saving her family, else she will be sat with her millions and no one to share it with 🤷‍♀️. Which in turn has defeated the object as they haven’t ended up with a better life
Yes that is true. They didn't presumably need millions. I do think being a shepherdess with 9 kids sounded like her fantasy and now after 20 years of it she's decided it's a bit boring now she's seen another life.

Yes that is true. They didn't presumably need millions. I do think being a shepherdess with 9 kids sounded like her fantasy and now after 20 years of it she's decided it's a bit boring now she's seen another life.
Well originally her ambition was to be a model but she never made it to the catwalk so rather than do a conventional.job eg in an office she decided to be a shepherdess which is unusual for someone not from a from a farming background. I suppose now she is involved with people in the media and is getting the fame and money she originally wished for, I think she is back to being her real self.

Also, as was highlighted in last night's show, the last of the children is now at school leaving a very empty nest. Suddenly she will have more time on her hands than ever before. Her horizons have definitely been widened and she's experienced things she may never have if they hadn't done the show or she had written the books. Who says you have to stay in the lane you're in in life? I don't however agree with affairs and hurting people. It happens. It's not wrong to want something different than you've currently got. It's how you go about getting it that matters. IF and I say IF she has decided she no longer wants to be clives wife then she needs to go about it respectfully and with as little cost to her 9 children as possible.

Reactions: 9
Clive seems like a really nice man and a very good Dad to the kids. I don't think Amanda realises how good she has it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Tbf to Amanda, as lovely as Clive is, he only had his sheep for company until she knocked his door.

She's given him 20 plus of her best years, nine kids and because of her financial head, some cracking farm machinery.

He's done well out of the marriage. He's not stupid, he must have guessed this day would come eventually.

Sad all the same 😒

Tbf to Amanda, as lovely as Clive is, he only had his sheep for company until she knocked his door.

She's given him 20 plus of her best years, nine kids and because of her financial head, some cracking farm machinery.

He's done well out of the marriage. He's not stupid, he must have guessed this day would come eventually.

Sad all the same 😒
I hope this doesn't come across as getting at your comment because that's not how it's meant. It's more I don't understand what you mean...
Why would he guess she would tire of him and their life together? Surely when people marry they expect, or at least hope it will be forever. Age gaps, lots of kids, demanding work etc are all stressors but wouldn't he just have assumed they'd work through it together as a team?

Reactions: 13
I hope this doesn't come across as getting at your comment because that's not how it's meant. It's more I don't understand what you mean...
Why would he guess she would tire of him and their life together? Surely when people marry they expect, or at least hope it will be forever. Age gaps, lots of kids, demanding work etc are all stressors but wouldn't he just have assumed they'd work through it together as a team?
Purely because of the age gap. He's 67 now and she's still relatively young. I know, if I'd met and married an ex male model 20 years my junior, it would always be at the back of my mind, that one day he'd be my carer.

So, I'd expect him bolt before then!

Reactions: 2
Purely because of the age gap. He's 67 now and she's still relatively young. I know, if I'd met and married an ex male model 20 years my junior, it would always be at the back of my mind, that one day he'd be my carer.

Oh OK. Yeah I can see what you mean. I suppose you would always be aware of a large age gap in that way.
Thanks for replying 🙂

Reactions: 1

Although Barbara Windsors fella stuck it out until the end. I would think that she would also have realised that she would be a carer for an old man, and at the same time dealing with children/ teenagers, but people change over time, and something you want in your 20's may not be all its cracked up to he in your 40's. I agree he has got a second chance, a ton more kids to work on the farm, younger woman and more money than he could dream of out of the marriage so far. He hasn't done too badly!

Reactions: 3
Although Barbara Windsors fella stuck it out until the end. I would think that she would also have realised that she would be a carer for an old man, and at the same time dealing with children/ teenagers, but people change over time, and something you want in your 20's may not be all its cracked up to he in your 40's. I agree he has got a second chance, a ton more kids to work on the farm, younger woman and more money than he could dream of out of the marriage so far. He hasn't done too badly!
I completely agree. We all change over a twenty year period and to expect Amanda to stay the same now she's found fame is unrealistic.

I think they are both amazing parents and their children are the politest I've ever come across. I'm a massive fan of both Clive and Amanda and have watched the show from the beginning.

I wish them all the best.