Orange Is The New Black

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else watching the new season?

I can't cope watching the ICE scenes. Is this really the world we live in?

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I was a huge fan of the previous season after thinking I had given up on the show forever with the riot series which I only watched about 2 episodes of. But s6 was amazing plot wise - I loved the carol barb storyline and was heartbroken by Taystee's. And the introduction of ICE as that shocking twist I didn't see coming really hit me.hard too.

Sorry for so long on the series bstore but had to convey how much I loved that one as comparison for how 'meh' this was...at best. At worst it was wayyy too preachy. I get that they wanted to make a real impact for the charity but that just shouldn't be allowed to affect content. Plus when has the show ever struggled to pack an emotional punch -without sacrificing subtlety?

So.while.there was nothing i hated there was nothing I really loved the whole series either. Eh.it waa so.bland and rushed to include everything it wanted to....one thing that was bad was that new character who was.separated from her kids...but then ended up probably dieing with a messed up ankle in the desert by the border ?! I felt like that was an uneccessary step too far - as if her story wasn't tragic enough?

And I echo the person wondering how accurate the ICE.depiction is. I have no doubt they are doing all sorts of horrendous inhumane things every day. But the small things - the lack of rights -access to phones or lawyers for example. Or the girl.who.got sent to.Colombia who was picked up in a.club and.thought she was born in the US and had literally no connections in Colombia ? The.children in the courtroom? Anyone know?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I just finished it and I have felt all the feelings watching this final season 😭

PS unfortunately the depictions of the conditions in ICE facilities are very realistic, from reading reports, interviews with lawyers and articles about them. And yes there have been court cases with young children and babies on the stand. This is all info available online from actual news outlets.
I know it’s hard to believe, but it’s happening.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Just finished watching it, I was really hoping the whole immigration system was wrong but after looking into it it seems pretty true. I’m so shocked it’s awful 😢

I was a huge fan of the previous season after thinking I had given up on the show forever with the riot series which I only watched about 2 episodes of. But s6 was amazing plot wise - I loved the carol barb storyline and was heartbroken by Taystee's. And the introduction of ICE as that shocking twist I didn't see coming really hit me.hard too.

Sorry for so long on the series bstore but had to convey how much I loved that one as comparison for how 'meh' this was...at best. At worst it was wayyy too preachy. I get that they wanted to make a real impact for the charity but that just shouldn't be allowed to affect content. Plus when has the show ever struggled to pack an emotional punch -without sacrificing subtlety?

So.while.there was nothing i hated there was nothing I really loved the whole series either. Eh.it waa so.bland and rushed to include everything it wanted to....one thing that was bad was that new character who was.separated from her kids...but then ended up probably dieing with a messed up ankle in the desert by the border ?! I felt like that was an uneccessary step too far - as if her story wasn't tragic enough?

And I echo the person wondering how accurate the ICE.depiction is. I have no doubt they are doing all sorts of horrendous inhumane things every day. But the small things - the lack of rights -access to phones or lawyers for example. Or the girl.who.got sent to.Colombia who was picked up in a.club and.thought she was born in the US and had literally no connections in Colombia ? The.children in the courtroom? Anyone know?
Aargh the lady who was left in the dessert was awful, hope to god that’s not based on a true story

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I do like OITNB but think it's ended at the right time. Disappointed how the alex/ piper storyline concluded. It was definitely an eye opener though with the immigration story line, and from a few articles I've read since appears that was quite factual. Will be looking into it more, especially the children in court scene which was very shocking

Reactions: 6
Brilliant editing, flicking from privileged Piper to struggling Cindy. I loved the full circle of it all. Revisiting the originals and raising funds and awareness of the horrific situation the country is in, be it US women in detention or other women in detention awaiting deportation.

Reactions: 2