Open wound on heel

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d love some help please I wore some sandals last Saturday which rubbed and left me with an open wound on my heel. I have been cleaning daily and using Savlon aswell as covering with a plaster but it doesn’t seem to be healing.

When I change the plaster there is a bit of yellow discharge on it but the wound itself doesn’t smell or anything. Do I need to seek medical advice or just give it time ? It looks horrible just a big hole 🤢

I’d love some help please I wore some sandals last Saturday which rubbed and left me with an open wound on my heel. I have been cleaning daily and using Savlon aswell as covering with a plaster but it doesn’t seem to be healing.

When I change the plaster there is a bit of yellow discharge on it but the wound itself doesn’t smell or anything. Do I need to seek medical advice or just give it time ? It looks horrible just a big hole 🤢
the wound needs to breath, clean with salty water, apply savlon and leave it open,no need for plaster.

Reactions: 4
I would suggest the pharmacy. They may be able to let you know if it’s infected and will be able to advise appropriately.

Reactions: 1
the wound needs to breath, clean with salty water, apply savlon and leave it open,no need for plaster.
I always thought to cover but I’ll let It breathe tonight. It’s so painful when I catch it 😩
I would suggest the pharmacy. They may be able to let you know if it’s infected and will be able to advise appropriately.
Thanks I’ll try boots tomorrow

How did it go at boots?
There is a spray plaster that might help, if you clean it and use the spray paster it might keep it safe and together, then use a super padded plaster & that wrap bandage stuff to protect it during day when you are walking around so it won't rub more. I'm T1D so my healing is awful and foot problems are very risky, keeping it clean every night is a must. Sudocream & detol are musts. Sometimes paper stitches are useful if wound is too big.

How did it go at boots?
There is a spray plaster that might help, if you clean it and use the spray paster it might keep it safe and together, then use a super padded plaster & that wrap bandage stuff to protect it during day when you are walking around so it won't rub more. I'm T1D so my healing is awful and foot problems are very risky, keeping it clean every night is a must. Sudocream & detol are musts. Sometimes paper stitches are useful if wound is too big.
Thanks for checking in it’s finally healing 😊 letting air to it when I can has really helped

• Heart