Open University- have you studied with them?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have studied psychology with the OU. I did 4 courses before I had children. This was going back about 10 years now, my dad paid for me and I think it cost about 2k for all 4.

I absolutely loved it. I found it very accessible, made some friends and the tutors were really nice. The only issue I had was travelling to the exams as I didn't drive then.

I'm looking to do some further courses through them. I know they have hundreds of free courses, you could always do one and see if you were 100% on psychology. X

Wonder how the lockdown kids with their home learning will feel about the OU in the future.

Reactions: 1
Funnily enough I had this conversation yesterday. As there was a feature on radio one about those who were planning to defer this year. Majority wanted to defer due to missing out on freshers/socials. Made me think about how many students truely think through their choices of courses etc, or if it’s all about getting away from home.

In my opinion, you get a lot more from a course if it’s something you truely want to do - have thought through doing or have already started a career in. I benefitted far more from the OU because it complimented what I was doing at work, I could see practically the way things in the business worked. I don’t think I would’ve got that if I had gone at 18.

Reactions: 1