Online dating horror stories!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Share your online dating horrors here i'm sure some of you will have some!

My most recent horror seemed wonderful when chatting online said he was a solicitor, was successful, had his own place, goes to gym at 5am every morning and had a brilliant sense of humour.
We exchanged pictures and he looked ok, we also spoke on whatsapp for 3 week before meeting.
We agreed to meet in a wetherspoons in the city centre.
He turned up in a majorly creased unironed shirt, uncombed hair, scruffy jeans, trainers and about 7 stone heavier than he was in his pictures. This was obviously disappointing but I decided to stay for a drink out of politness.
When ordering drinks he looks for the cheapest pint on the price list and pays in coppers, hardly a sign of a successful solicitor he claimed to be.

He immediately starts making extremely crude jokes about his female boss who is a law partner where he works where it turns out he is an office assistant not a solicitor 'he just says that cos he works at a law firm so it's easier to say that'.
We talk more, the house is a 'temporary' bedsit, his work let him do and wear what he wants because they know he'll just report them to an employment tribunal(?!), he goes home to his mums at the weekends; he is 35 and she's in the same city and he has a violent involuntary twitch/spasm (which he never mentioned) I ask what it is he explains and the sticks his tongue out and says 'I make an excellent vibrator.'
He then proceeds to witch about his ex who he is apparently in a custody battle (never mentioned when chatting online) with as she stopped him seeing his son for no reason and be could send to prison for it anytime he wanted but he won't because 'he's too soft on her.'
About 25 mins into this I know I look visibly uncomfortable but he takes no hint and suggests we go somewhere quieter, I make my excuses and say i'm off to get my bus he insists on walking me to the stop.

We walk from the bar and come to the hill the stop is at the top of and he says 'you didn't tell me it was up a hill and I don't do hills.'
So i say 'surely someone who goes to the gym everyday and went on 15 mile hike last week would love it.' Only at this point does he look like he knows he's being caught on a lie.
At the bus stop when the bus pulls in he trys to kiss me with tongue so I pull away and leap on the bus and he storms off in a huff.
Officially the worst and shortest date I have had!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 174
When I was online dating we didn't even have pics. :ROFLMAO: It was a long time ago when online dating was kinda laughed at so you never admitted to it, but I have a few:

Met this guy who worked in insurance and he was a bit boring but nice enough, so thought I'd give him a chance cos you never know. Had an okay date at a wine bar in Covent Garden where I worked so I felt pretty safe to escape. As we left the bar, he kinda followed me which I didn't like so I said I was going back to my office to pick up some stuff. So he pulled me close, kissed me, and whispered that he'd like to strip me in my office and spank me over my desk. ๐Ÿ˜„ I politely said I had work in the morning so no thanks. Gave the security guard at my office a good laugh, tho.

Another date at the same wine bar:
This guy was a co-presenter/contributor on a somewhat well-known radio show which I thought was interesting. Was also really looking forward to the date as he was a rabbi. Turned up and I really liked him. So interesting and funny yadda yadda. But. BUT. He had the worst halitosis I have ever encountered. I am not even joking. The waitress didn't want to get near him. The only way I could cope was chuck back a bottle of wine. At lunch. Needless to say I didn't want another date because I didn't know how to tell him about his stinky mouth. And needless to say he didn't want another date with a drunk. ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿฅด

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
I can just tell that this is going to be a good thread ๐Ÿ˜‚

I can't say I've had any experiences where someone looked completely different/was a different person because I always make sure to video call/call someone before we meet to be on the safe side but it's mostly guys lying about things like saying they don't smoke when they do, living alone or taller than they are, stupid things like that I've experienced a number of times. What's the point of lying, the girl is going to find out if you smoke anyway, if you still live with your parents and your height? ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

However, talking of looking different I was involved with someone recently (this is why I video call before meeting someone and wish I had especially for this occasion) who was clearly the same person but looked completely different to his pictures in the sense that he was very scruffy, unkempt and very unhygienic in person. Unfortunately for me we had been talking a bit before we actually met and so I felt confused because I liked the person online and the connection we had but I wasn't physically attracted to them at all and so felt confused because of this.

When you meet someone in person you can get the best feel for catching them out on possible lies (as above!), their hygiene and habits of theirs/ "vibes" off of the person.

Other than that it's mostly men messaging me often wanting to see my feet or other very strange sexual comments/questions. One started contacting me asking me lots of questions about my exes penises, it was very weird lol.

I find most dating apps especially at my age are full of guys wanting fun or they lead you along when deep down they aren't looking for anything serious. At least when a guy pops up with a sexual comment or is clear he wants fun you know what you're getting straight away before any feelings happen. Anyway, I know that this thread was supposed to be lighthearted, I apologise!

Reactions: 13
Can anyone remember โ€˜love@lycosโ€™?!

I went on a date with a Geordie lad called Anthony off Love@lycos we went out to Yatesโ€™ in Doncaster. We had a lovely time, he was a gentleman and he walked me to the taxi place where I went home. In the taxi on the way home he text me (on my old Philips Savvy mobile!) to say โ€˜youโ€™re my witch and Iโ€™m your dogโ€™ - I never replied.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Oh god!! Iโ€™ve read the dating stories on Mumsnet before and found them a good chuckle. But now Iโ€™m getting closer to wanting to get out there and date following my separation I get spooked ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™m quite a blunt person so if I donโ€™t gel with someone in chats I just end it there. Give me some dating sites to look at ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I donโ€™t know if I could handle tinder!

Reactions: 9
When I was online dating we didn't even have pics. :ROFLMAO: It was a long time ago when online dating was kinda laughed at so you never admitted to it, but I have a few:

Met this guy who worked in insurance and he was a bit boring but nice enough, so thought I'd give him a chance cos you never know. Had an okay date at a wine bar in Covent Garden where I worked so I felt pretty safe to escape. As we left the bar, he kinda followed me which I didn't like so I said I was going back to my office to pick up some stuff. So he pulled me close, kissed me, and whispered that he'd like to strip me in my office and spank me over my desk. ๐Ÿ˜„ I politely said I had work in the morning so no thanks. Gave the security guard at my office a good laugh, tho.

Another date at the same wine bar:
This guy was a co-presenter/contributor on a somewhat well-known radio show which I thought was interesting. Was also really looking forward to the date as he was a rabbi. Turned up and I really liked him. So interesting and funny yadda yadda. But. BUT. He had the worst halitosis I have ever encountered. I am not even joking. The waitress didn't want to get near him. The only way I could cope was chuck back a bottle of wine. At lunch. Needless to say I didn't want another date because I didn't know how to tell him about his stinky mouth. And needless to say he didn't want another date with a drunk. ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿฅด
At least he didn't try move in for a kiss! :sick: ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
A very long time ago I went on a date with a man from the Internet. Firstly, he put a very old profile photo, secondly he was very nice in texting, but at the meeting he was very pathos, he disrespectfully treated the waiter who served our table and made many comments. When I decided to end the date, he said that he was driving an hour and a half to me and was counting on sex, he was very sorry that he wasted his time. It was terrible.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Share your online dating horrors here i'm sure some of you will have some!

My most recent horror seemed wonderful when chatting online said he was a solicitor, was successful, had his own place, goes to gym at 5am every morning and had a brilliant sense of humour.
We exchanged pictures and he looked ok, we also spoke on whatsapp for 3 week before meeting.
We agreed to meet in a wetherspoons in the city centre.
He turned up in a majorly creased unironed shirt, uncombed hair, scruffy jeans, trainers and about 7 stone heavier than he was in his pictures. This was obviously disappointing but I decided to stay for a drink out of politness.
When ordering drinks he looks for the cheapest pint on the price list and pays in coppers, hardly a sign of a successful solicitor he claimed to be.

He immediately starts making extremely crude jokes about his female boss who is a law partner where he works where it turns out he is an office assistant not a solicitor 'he just says that cos he works at a law firm so it's easier to say that'.
We talk more, the house is a 'temporary' bedsit, his work let him do and wear what he wants because they know he'll just report them to an employment tribunal(?!), he goes home to his mums at the weekends; he is 35 and she's in the same city and he has a violent involuntary twitch/spasm (which he never mentioned) I ask what it is he explains and the sticks his tongue out and says 'I make an excellent vibrator.'
He then proceeds to witch about his ex who he is apparently in a custody battle (never mentioned when chatting online) with as she stopped him seeing his son for no reason and be could send to prison for it anytime he wanted but he won't because 'he's too soft on her.'
About 25 mins into this I know I look visibly uncomfortable but he takes no hint and suggests we go somewhere quieter, I make my excuses and say i'm off to get my bus he insists on walking me to the stop.

We walk from the bar and come to the hill the stop is at the top of and he says 'you didn't tell me it was up a hill and I don't do hills.'
So i say 'surely someone who goes to the gym everyday and went on 15 mile hike last week would love it.' Only at this point does he look like he knows he's being caught on a lie.
At the bus stop when the bus pulls in he trys to kiss me with tongue so I pull away and leap on the bus and he storms off in a huff.
Officially the worst and shortest date I have had!
First date in Wetherspoons should have been alarm bells ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
First date in Wetherspoons should have been alarm bells ๐Ÿ˜‚
To be fair, it was me that suggested to meet there as it is central, busy and near my bus stop in case I need to escape.
the idea was to meet there and if it worked out move on to a nicer place...which obviously it didn't and I did need to escape lol

Reactions: 13
Is this where we come to discuss our micro penis experiences or is that for another day ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Is this where we come to discuss our micro penis experiences or is that for another day [emoji23][emoji23]
Baaahhh! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] There's not much to talk about tbh as it barely even happened!! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I started talking to a man on an online dating site. Only briefly but he seemed nice enough. We started talking on WhatsApp but he kept mentioning one night stands. That's not my thing so I told him and backed off. Not only that, he looked a bit like a close friend which put me off a bit too. Anyway, we stopped talking and about a year later I saw his photo on the Daily Mail website. The same one he had sent to me.

He was a convicted peadophile. He was a married (supposedly religious!) teacher who was grooming underage girls over Facebook.

Lucky escape I think!

• Wow
Reactions: 80
I started talking to a man on an online dating site. Only briefly but he seemed nice enough. We started talking on WhatsApp but he kept mentioning one night stands. That's not my thing so I told him and backed off. Not only that, he looked a bit like a close friend which put me off a bit too. Anyway, we stopped talking and about a year later I saw his photo on the Daily Mail website. The same one he had sent to me.

He was a convicted peadophile. He was a married (supposedly religious!) teacher who was grooming underage girls over Facebook.

Lucky escape I think!
bleeping hell! You really did have lucky escape...trying for one night stands of dating sites and grooming kids, what a creep!

Reactions: 11
Online dating cracks me up. There are so many weirdos out there. I once met up with a guy who seemed lovely online but when we met up he was very camp and short. Im 5ft 7 and he was shorter then me. I tried to not judge him for this as I dont think being camp is an indication of his sexual preference. On our date he kept making sexual comments which made me feel really uncomfortable as I just wasnt attracted to him. I then had to pay for our meal as he wasnt working and it ended up being more expensive then he thought. ๐Ÿ˜„

I also recently had to block a guy on one of the dating sites. He kept messaging me to meet up. I wasn't attracted to him on his profile it says hes 47 but he looked more like 60 and im 33. I tried to let him down gently he insisted we were perfect for each other and he could see us being married ๐Ÿ˜ฑ I wished him well again and said im not interested. He bombarded me with messages all day insisting that I should at least get to know him. I told him I felt the age gap was too big he tried to manipulate me by saying men my own age in their 30s are not looking to settle down ๐Ÿ™„ in the end I got fed up of the harassment and blocked him.

Reactions: 15
Online dating cracks me up. There are so many weirdos out there. I once met up with a guy who seemed lovely online but when we met up he was very camp and short. Im 5ft 7 and he was shorter then me. I tried to not judge him for this as I dont think being camp is an indication of his sexual preference. On our date he kept making sexual comments which made me feel really uncomfortable as I just wasnt attracted to him. I then had to pay for our meal as he wasnt working and it ended up being more expensive then he thought. ๐Ÿ˜„

I also recently had to block a guy on one of the dating sites. He kept messaging me to meet up. I wasn't attracted to him on his profile it says hes 47 but he looked more like 60 and im 33. I tried to let him down gently he insisted we were perfect for each other and he could see us being married ๐Ÿ˜ฑ I wished him well again and said im not interested. He bombarded me with messages all day insisting that I should at least get to know him. I told him I felt the age gap was too big he tried to manipulate me by saying men my own age in their 30s are not looking to settle down ๐Ÿ™„ in the end I got fed up of the harassment and blocked him.
Men lying about their height is far too common, I went for drinks with one guy who said he was 5"10 and he level pegging with me and i'm 5"3 :rolleyes: it's soo stupid and not like we won't notice!
Lying about age is another I went on date with one guy 5 years ago who said he was 36, when we met he ALOT looked older and when I got home I googled his username and found another site where he was listed as 45 :oops:.
He found my most recent profile last month and messaged me...I looked on his profile it says he is 38, some people don't learn ๐Ÿคฃ

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I met up with one guy who seemed nice enough, but he was a medium (still is, I think) and would spend time in some kind of "manifestation cabinet" o_O. What really put me off him, though, was the fact that he carried a baton in his car.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I started talking to someone many years ago over social media, got on well, spoke for a few weeks before deciding to meet up.
The day of meeting up he told me he had something to tell me but would only do it in person.... alarm bells were ringing but thought it can't be that bad so will give him a chance!

Nice date, he was slightly boring but could look over that. Got into the car chatting (was raining) for him to grab hold of me balling his eyes out as he has a girlfriend........

Needless to say I never saw or spoke to him again. Said girlfriend is now wife

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Where to start
I had a date with a guy who insisted he drop me home, pretty ok date however zero chemistry on my part.
I know I know never get into a car with a stranger in my defence I was young.
I didn't want him to drop me home so he dropped me 3 roads away
Getting out the car he proceeded to ๐Ÿ‘… lick my cheek -saying I've wanted to do that since I saw you. Wtf !!
Was so mortified I left blocked and never got over that awkward trauma again.

I had a date with a guy at an icecream place
He spent the whole time talking about his ex
Who had his child, was living in the property they once shared, who forged his signature and changed the child's surname, he often stood across the road and looked at his old home.
He was currently homeless and staying at a local church.
I wished him well and got in my car and had to smoke -hadn't smoked in months till this incident.

I have not online dated since

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24