Online dating horror stories!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was going for a walk with a guy and agreed he could collect me - met him at the end of a nearby road so he didn't know my address. Anyway he arrives and tells me his van is broken-been making funny noises. Proceeds to ask me to follow him in my car so he can go to the car garage as he needs it for work yomororw. I'm too nice and do this - so we spend all day sorting his van out -garage is 20miles away To add to it he had ticked social smoker, when he arrived he informed me he actually smokes 'like a bleeping chimney'. I actually found him bonkers and it was a funny afternoon. Not to be repeted.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I once went on a date with a nurse, he seemed lovely , I met him when I gave blood. I was pretty much having my cake and eating after a 5 year relationship . Anyway we all know men look good in uniform .... well fck me he turned up looking like Del Boy and Iโ€™m not kidding I made my excuses and left our date early in tears ... tears of boredom . When people say bored to tears I now know exactly what they mean.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Met up with a guy i had spent two month talking to online seemed such a lovely genuine guy.We were meeting in a car park to go for a little walk. We never got so far as the walk as i stepped out of my car he approached me and asked if he could โ€˜lick my nippleโ€™. Safe to say i told him where to go and stepped straight back in my car and sped off back home. Never had such a what the hell has just happened moment lol!
A carpark? By the sounds of it the perv may have taken you to the local dogging spot ๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I once went on a date with a nurse, he seemed lovely , I met him when I gave blood. I was pretty much having my cake and eating after a 5 year relationship . Anyway we all know men look good in uniform .... well fck me he turned up looking like Del Boy and Iโ€™m not kidding I made my excuses and left our date early in tears ... tears of boredom . When people say bored to tears I now know exactly what they mean.
How did you get to go on a date with a nurse? I mean of course it goes on behind closed doors. Like people having relationships with police and so on but I thought you could get in such tit for seeing a patient as a doctor or nurse.

Reactions: 4
How did you get to go on a date with a nurse? I mean of course it goes on behind closed doors. Like people having relationships with police and so on but I thought you could get in such tit for seeing a patient as a doctor or nurse.
It was about 20 years ago & I didn't have a phone (no swapping numbers), agreed to meet at a pub. It wasn't like I was a patient. I gave blood & never saw him again.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I used to date lots in my early twenties. I arranged to meet one guy and when i turned up he had brought his mate with him which was really weird. He asked his mate to get him some cash out and handed him his card, he told him he would text him the pin (presumably so I wouldn't hear him say it). Then I sat with him and his mate having a drink for about an hour before I left. Neither of them said much it was awful.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Im 25 & I swiped a 21 year old yesterday. He tried to invite himself over suggesting we get it on & I declined saying I was looking for something serious like my bio said and he went on to call me a predator, a pedophil, and he was exposing me for swiping a younger man.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
When someone is so socially unaware they take you correcting their spelling as flirting...
20190829_130546.png
20190829_130615.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
Straight from being ignored 5 times to โ€˜we could have sexโ€™
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Jesus Christ man, I am dreading if I ever have to date again I think Iโ€™d rather be celibate
Sometimes I wonder if i'm insane for turning down such a wonderful offer....how could any woman resist?! ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I met up with one guy who seemed nice enough, but he was a medium (still is, I think) and would spend time in some kind of "manifestation cabinet" o_O. What really put me off him, though, was the fact that he carried a baton in his car.
Reading this thread I go from โ€˜There is no adequate emojiโ€™ to โ€˜Who does this?โ€™
Brilliant thread!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Iโ€™ve now been online for 24 hours. So far only 1 โ€œdecentโ€ one. All the others are plain weird ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ good job I have a thick skin! You ignore requests for bizarre things and then get called names ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
dont miss this at all, all the unsolicited dick picks from men trying get their freak on whilst their wives are at Zumba *shudder* and then tell you that your are a frigid lesbian when you knock them back.

I met a guy once. I had no interest in him at all, he had a face like a bag of spanners, 5 ft 6 (at a push) and a pain in the arse messaging me. However he never got weird on the messages so eventually met him after work one night. He had sussed i was pretty shy, so when he spotted me he decided to serenade me. Very loudly. At manchester piccadilly train station. At rush hour. He was at the top of the escalator i was at the exit. I died. He then waltzed me around the exit to the metrolink. I double died.

8 years later we are still together. He is still tiny, with a face like a bag of spanners. But he makes me roar with laughter every day and he is, quite honestly, the best thing that ever happened to me. Dont give up single ladies, there are some that are not head cases/criminals/perverts.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 219
Sometimes they don't want me because i'm too 'full on'. I'm struggling to console myself
View attachment 36420
ACTUALLY DEAD. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] These are totally making my day!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
But he is right, Catwinky, u shud liten up a little! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh my god I have too many of these ๐Ÿ˜‚

One guy I spoke to for weeks. I was 23, he said he was 33 (didn't mind the age difference). He used to write me great big paragraphs like a pen pal. Anyway, finally agreed to meet him and he was probably older than my dad - balding and dressed like Roy Cropper.

Met another guy - photos were GORGEOUS & he was 100% my type. Went a couple of dates with him until he suddenly disappeared - until two weeks later he text me to say he'd left his phone at his brother's house ?!?!?! Stalked him on Instagram & there were loads of pictures of him with his - clearly long term - girlfriend.

Another guy (honestly I could keep going forever) - on our fourth date I nip to the loo, and come back to find he had gone through my phone and found a WhatsApp conversation with a friend about another friend of ours (male). Accused me of bitching to my friends about him & basically had a proper strop. I told him he needed to drive me home ASAP & when we get in the car he starts loudly sobbing & going on about his ex that left him with issues. It was a 40 minute drive to my house, with him weeping the entire time. As we pulled up I told him this was it for us & got out. A month later he texts me - 'So what's going on with us?'. Um, nothing mate.

Last one. Deleted the app from my phone, until one drunken Christmas Eve I got an email telling me I had a new match. Redownloaded the app & messaged the guy. The next day - when sober - I remembered all the horrible experiences I'd had (see above!) & regretted what I'd done. The guy still messages though, & although I'm 99% I don't fancy him, I keep responding - he's got good banter. After a week, he suggests meeting & at least 3 times I make plans with him & then cancel. I can't bare the idea of another date from hell. So I'm just honest with him, and he suggests he calls me first so we can get to know each other. We spend 3 hours on the phone, and as soon as I hang up I text him to say I'll meet him. Arrive at the train station that Saturday & he's nowhere to be seen. He calls me to say he's waiting across the road, & waves. He looks NOTHING like his photos, which were at least 5 years old. He's actually much better looking ๐Ÿ˜‚ we go to the cinema & the pub & I don't turn up back home until late the next day (whoops ๐Ÿ™ˆ ). Best date ever. That was 6 years ago, and that man is now my husband ๐Ÿฅฐ

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 171
dont miss this at all, all the unsolicited dick picks from men trying get their freak on whilst their wives are at Zumba *shudder* and then tell you that your are a frigid lesbian when you knock them back.

I met a guy once. I had no interest in him at all, he had a face like a bag of spanners, 5 ft 6 (at a push) and a pain in the arse messaging me. However he never got weird on the messages so eventually met him after work one night. He had sussed i was pretty shy, so when he spotted me he decided to serenade me. Very loudly. At manchester piccadilly train station. At rush hour. He was at the top of the escalator i was at the exit. I died. He then waltzed me around the exit to the metrolink. I double died.

8 years later we are still together. He is still tiny, with a face like a bag of spanners. But he makes me roar with laughter every day and he is, quite honestly, the best thing that ever happened to me. Dont give up single ladies, there are some that are not head cases/criminals/perverts.
Love this โค

Reactions: 12

'Face like a bag of spanners' is now going to be my go-to insult, thank you!

• Haha
Reactions: 7