One direction

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm late to the Gigi/Zayn stuff, but I thought I'd share this link in case it hasn't been shared already. It mentions all the boys, but covers Zayn most. Just curious on people's thoughts about it!

This is such a crappy post. Calling somebody a horrible person because of their drug addiction just shows how little this person knows about drug addiction but then goes on to say its okay to drugs and Harry had a pill addiction but Harry isn't a horrible person for his addiction. Goes on to say Gigi and Zayn's relationship is PR and they broke up in 2019 but they've now had a child together and are back together so the information is outdated. Calls Brianna some really awful names as if she actually knows her. Says they don't think Cheryl and Liam are PR because they barely heard of them when they were widely reported on in the UK (I don't think they were a PR relationship but you can't say somebody's not PR just because YOU haven't heard of them). All in all, it's a dumb post with outdated information that is basically trying to say their own personal feelings about the boys is truth. One direction fans are so weird sometimes and I've never read a single exposing post that actually did any exposing.

Reactions: 8
This is such a crappy post. Calling somebody a horrible person because of their drug addiction just shows how little this person knows about drug addiction but then goes on to say its okay to drugs and Harry had a pill addiction but Harry isn't a horrible person for his addiction. Goes on to say Gigi and Zayn's relationship is PR and they broke up in 2019 but they've now had a child together and are back together so the information is outdated. Calls Brianna some really awful names as if she actually knows her. Says they don't think Cheryl and Liam are PR because they barely heard of them when they were widely reported on in the UK (I don't think they were a PR relationship but you can't say somebody's not PR just because YOU haven't heard of them). All in all, it's a dumb post with outdated information that is basically trying to say their own personal feelings about the boys is truth. One direction fans are so weird sometimes and I've never read a single exposing post that actually did any exposing.
I should've posted a disclaimer, I've never had a personal opinion on 1D. I really don't know much about them which is why I wanted to hear from someone who might actually have followed them. Just saying that because I definitely don't know anything and I'm not pretending I do. Anyway, the way I read the post wasn't that they were calling Zayn a horrible person for his addiction, but for the way he turned on his former band members because he resented 1D as a result of associating his unhappiness with his time in the band. At least that's how I interpreted it. Otherwise, I agree that the post is dated, it's from July 2019, but I think the blog itself has some merits. (It's a celebrity gossip blog, not a One Direction fan.)

Reactions: 1
I think there's plenty of truth in that post, maybe not entirely but it tallies with everytihng I've seen happen with 1D over the years. Equally I can maybe understand Zayn's resentment, maybe he felt the band weren't supportive enough to him, but they were young boys being the biggest popstars in the world, no wonder they weren't well equipped to deal with addiction.
A lot of what Zayn has said since 2015 sounds really bitter though. When he said he'd never been close to Harry?? There are hours of footage of them being friendly. I just hate when people try and disown their pasts. It's there on video mate!!

Reactions: 3
That exposingsmg knows nothing really, it started out as a justin bieber blog who didn't like selena gomez (the 'smg' is literally supposed to be selena marie gomez as her initials) years ago and writes a few half truths amongst 80% of fanfiction in their posts. I wouldn't take what they say seriously at all, I'm sure there is probably some truth in the dynamics within the band that they mentioned but in terms of reliability, they're far below any other blind gossip blog who are already unreliable at best.

If you want 'actual' gossip on what the band was like (although I use that term loosely since it's from the Sun and I despise Dan Wootton) this article is probably closer to the truth, Syco/Modest/1D gave most of their exclusives to the Sun and Dan was in those circles at the time the band broke up so there is probably more truth here than elsewhere, but that still doesn't mean much.

Last edited:
If you want 'actual' gossip on what the band was like (although I use that term loosely since it's from the Sun and I despise Dan Wootton) this article is probably closer to the truth, Syco/Modest/1D gave most of their exclusives to the Sun and Dan was in those circles at the time the band broke up so there is probably more truth here than elsewhere, but that still doesn't mean much.

If it was a fight between Harry and Louis which caused the divide in the group, pretty obvious it was about something to do with Larry I'd imagine :( Which is a shame. I also remember hearing somewhere how Louis didn't like Harry's friends around 2011/12/

That exposingsmg knows nothing really, it started out as a justin bieber blog who didn't like selena gomez (the 'smg' is literally supposed to be selena marie gomez as her initials) years ago and writes a few half truths amongst 80% of fanfiction in their posts. I wouldn't take what they say seriously at all, I'm sure there is probably some truth in the dynamics within the band that they mentioned but in terms of reliability, they're far below any other blind gossip blog who are already unreliable at best.

Yeah everything in that article sounds about accurate to what I had thought happened obviously no one knows but them, however everything with Harry and the hiatus sound about right

I think there's plenty of truth in that post, maybe not entirely but it tallies with everytihng I've seen happen with 1D over the years. Equally I can maybe understand Zayn's resentment, maybe he felt the band weren't supportive enough to him, but they were young boys being the biggest popstars in the world, no wonder they weren't well equipped to deal with addiction.
A lot of what Zayn has said since 2015 sounds really bitter though. When he said he'd never been close to Harry?? There are hours of footage of them being friendly. I just hate when people try and disown their pasts. It's there on video mate!!
Zarry and Zouis were like my favourite 1D friendships, so for him to stomp over them was like stomping over my heart at the time 😂 I think he was just blinded at the time by the resentment and pretty much hatred he had for the management and the lifestyle - I remember him saying that he controlled his eating because it was the only thing he had control over during the 1d days!

I think over the coming years the truth about all of the behind the scenes stuff will come out. NDAs will expire and then they’ll be no stopping people. I can see an tell all tv special or something before much longer. I don’t think a reunion would take place without them getting everything out. But a part of me thinks we won’t get a reunion with them all unfortunately.
In reality I doubt we’ll ever see them on stage together again.

I don’t think the boys really knew what they were getting themselves into with the band. They were just children and I’m not sure they or the people around them had any idea just how big they were going to get (they’re still the biggest thing to come out of X factor. I don’t think little mix are quite as big internationally as the boys were) I think their (potential) naivety was exploited and I think if they’d gone on much longer someone else other than Zayn would’ve snapped.

Reactions: 9
I think over the coming years the truth about all of the behind the scenes stuff will come out. NDAs will expire and then they’ll be no stopping people. I can see an tell all tv special or something before much longer. I don’t think a reunion would take place without them getting everything out. But a part of me thinks we won’t get a reunion with them all unfortunately.
In reality I doubt we’ll ever see them on stage together again.

I don’t think the boys really knew what they were getting themselves into with the band. They were just children and I’m not sure they or the people around them had any idea just how big they were going to get (they’re still the biggest thing to come out of X factor. I don’t think little mix are quite as big internationally as the boys were) I think their (potential) naivety was exploited and I think if they’d gone on much longer someone else other than Zayn would’ve snapped.
Agreed! It’s still surreal to think they came from X factor especially Harry now!

Reactions: 5
Agreed! It’s still surreal to think they came from X factor especially Harry now!
Harry's definitely the biggest thing to come out of any of these shows. Its mad what they've all achieved. Truly a once in a lifetime thing.

Reactions: 13
I think (hope) if it’s true he’s doing a rock album next he may grow it again!!!! If he doesn’t have any more acting gigs that require it shorter
Cba moving over to the Harry thread but have you seen that instagram account that's been teasing the intro of the studio version of Medicine? I have no idea if they're connected to Harry in any shape or form (can't see it myself) but it sounds exactly like the live version so idk if its a cover or a leak.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.