One direction

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry this is yet another question on siblings and not the boys themselves, but anyone find it so random that Lottie is promoting to vote for Rebekah Vardy on DOI so much on her stories? How do they know each other?! Seems such an odd pairing

Reactions: 1
Sorry this is yet another question on siblings and not the boys themselves, but anyone find it so random that Lottie is promoting to vote for Rebekah Vardy on DOI so much on her stories? How do they know each other?! Seems such an odd pairing
I was just thinking the same!!! I don't think I've ever seen her mention Rebecca until now 😅

I’m pretty sure that Louis is friends with Jamie Vardy and was at his wedding so that’s probably how lottie knows her

Reactions: 3
i was thinking the same!! 😂 do you think she’s paying her to hahaha

To stay relevant and get people talking about her, and it worked
Exactly this.

I’m pretty sure that Louis is friends with Jamie Vardy and was at his wedding so that’s probably how Lottie knows her
Just a bit of insider info for how wedding deals at Hello and Ok magazines work.... The more names that a celeb and their team can get at the wedding and be featured in photos, the more money they earn for the shoot. So usually some celebs go but don't really know the people whose wedding it is. They will likely have some tenuous connection like being signed to the same management or publicity form. But 90% of the time they will not be friends, they will probably have met at events and stuff but that will be it. Weddings done like that are nothing more than event appearance for the celebs that attend to boost their own profiles.

Reactions: 5
How shameful :sick: unfortunately she's not the only 'influencer' guilty of it

Reactions: 4
On one hand I understand why businesses do it, but I wish they wouldn't. Influencers have gained this idea that they can ask for anything because companies allow themselves to be treated like a doormat just for a few measly shout outs. Not that she should be scrounging off of him either, but her brother is internationally famous and she behaves like this. No shame. Same as Zayn's 2 younger sisters tbh.

Reactions: 3
On one hand I understand why businesses do it, but I wish they wouldn't. Influencers have gained this idea that they can ask for anything because companies allow themselves to be treated like a doormat just for a few measly shout outs. Not that she should be scrounging off of him either, but her brother is internationally famous and she behaves like this. No shame. Same as Zayn's 2 younger sisters tbh.
Was she expecting to not be exposed or something? Of course the company was gonna call her out when they gave her £500 worth of freebies all for the 30 seconds it takes to post something. It's so embarrassing, also for Louis who's name has to be dragged into it for it to get any attention unfortunately.

Was she expecting to not be exposed or something? Of course the company was gonna call her out when they gave her £500 worth of freebies all for the 30 seconds it takes to post something. It's so embarrassing, also for Louis who's name has to be dragged into it for it to get any attention unfortunately.
they've done it a good few times i've noticed. apparently they lied about their grandad having covid to get out of it for another business.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
I don't get how it can be a "misunderstanding" when it was pretty clear all she had to do was post pictures in the hoodies ...
“Don’t send me stuff concerning me as I’m too busy ignoring it THANKS!”

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I don't get how it can be a "misunderstanding" when it was pretty clear all she had to do was post pictures in the hoodies ...
This is what happens when you self appoint yourself as an influencer. She’s still a child and obviously hasn’t realised that if you’re going to do business with clients, you have to be professional and actually communicate rather than ignoring them, not telling them when you’re going to keep up your end of the deal and getting pissy when they call you out. Most of her followers will be from back in the day when people would follow anyone associated with 1D to see if they posted content of them so she should be mindful of that and have some respect for her brother who is solely responsible for her platform at this point in her ‘career’.

Reactions: 9
This is what happens when you self appoint yourself as an influencer. She’s still a child and obviously hasn’t realised that if you’re going to do business with clients, you have to be professional and actually communicate rather than ignoring them, not telling them when you’re going to keep up your end of the deal and getting pissy when they call you out. Most of her followers will be from back in the day when people would follow anyone associated with 1D to see if they posted content of them so she should be mindful of that and have some respect for her brother who is solely responsible for her platform at this point in her ‘career’.
There seems to be a new wave of younger fans due to the 10 year anniversary who weren't around when the band was still together that are around her age now following her, and I just hope she doesn't influence them to act that way and disregard the fact that she got very lucky having the brother she does. She's set for life with or without the influencing gig due to Louis, but she doesn't seem to realise how privileged she is in that regard. She is still a child so there is obviously plenty of time for her to grow up and mature, but I worry that since dropping out of school and conducting herself this way (her other sister and Lottie too tbh) she's gotten into her own head that people are only there for her, when it's really only to feel closer to Louis/1D somehow.

Lottie at least has her business to fall back on and has been independently successful away from Louis (although she has had controversy too) and Gemma seems to be doing well for herself with the podcast and her activist work.

Also, was anyone surprised about the Louis management company thing? I always thought he should go down that route or maybe judging like Simon was coaching him in, but it seemed odd to me that he tweeted about starting it without any sort of concrete plans? He said it was only an idea and he hadn't actually taken any further steps to legitimise that project. If it falls through or doesn't go as planned having the tweets up puts more pressure on him to make it happen?

Is he talking about himself? as his latest releases was not eligible, the album was released 2 months after nominations were announced and the eligibility for awards was releases within September 2019 - August 2020.

Even Icarus Falls that charted at 61 or whatever it was in the US is hardly going to be highlighted in one of many corrupt award shows, where bigs artists have their own team on the judging panels

Reactions: 2

Is he talking about himself? as his latest releases was not eligible, the album was released 2 months after nominations were announced and the eligibility for awards was realised within September 2019 - August 2020.

Even Icarus Falls that charted at 61 or whatever it was in the US is hardly going to be highlighted in one of many corrupt award shows, where bigs artists have their own team on the judging panels
He surely can't be talking about himself. He's not wrong, the Grammys have largely become about biased committees and record labels buying nominations and awards. Artists such as The Weeknd and Rina Sawayama were massively snubbed and they have a right to be annoyed about that. But that won't be the case for everyone and I think its a bit harsh to say duck everyone who's involved. Some artists will be winning awards based on talent and amazing music, especially in the less well known categories. People have worked hard and released amazing music this past year, especially under the circumstances. They deserve to have something as prestigious as a Grammy to show for it, even if they've lost their meaning a bit in recent years. A lot of the other awards shows use fan voting aka which fanbase is large enough and willing to spam hashtags to win their artist an award. I think you can acknowledge that music is subjective and not everyone who should be nominated will be while still being proud of yourself for making the nominations cut/winning an award. And ngl, even if Nobody Is Listening was elligible, I don't think it was a good enough album compared to what was nominated.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.