One Day Of Winter #4 Reading this thread ‘isn’t her jam’, meanwhile R's got the baby in a choke slam.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, Raven got her flexi school placement today. She’s going to school 1 day a week. Pea is home schooling her 4 days a week 🥴
Why? She hates her life as it is.

Can't wait for the daily moaning about how Ember gets in the way of Raven's schooling and how the one day a week in school derails all of her teachings.

Reactions: 16
There was a post on Reddit (which could be totally fake because Internet) by an older sibling who’s brother is being “unschooled” and is essentially illiterate. Now I DO NOT think that would happen with Pea and R obviously. Pea is intelligent, has worked in education etc. However it got me thinking about how bullish some of these parents must be and ironically their desire for a free flowing life actually becomes very controlled no matter the consequences!

Reactions: 10
Also, Raven got her flexi school placement today. She’s going to school 1 day a week. Pea is home schooling her 4 days a week 🥴
Even less attention for Ember those 4 days then 😩

I’d be interested to know how much this flexi school thing costs 🤔🤥

Reactions: 3
I have questions.
I know we all do 🤣
Why the hell is she flexi schooling, what is the actual point of one day a week? If you're gonna home school, bloody home school. (unless of course you have a job which prevents you doing it full time. I'm not sure 7 minutes work a week counts)

Why did she have another child? Just why? She presents Ember as nothing but an inconvenience - something that gets in the way of her and raven.
It's making me sick.

I feel. So so much for that little girl - I want to scoop her up and love her.

Ive just found out this week that I have to have a hysterectomy at 37 and I'm surrounded by people who keep popping out kids they don't give two shits about.

Its driving me insane

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Sending you love @Cat_scratches I hope you have a lovely support network around you ❤

I did wonder about homeschooling my son when he was little. I had terrible post natal anxiety and I think that’s why I wanted to (not saying everyone that homeschools has this issue!) but actually he bloody loves school! He asks for it on the weekend and runs in happily every day to do fun things and play outside. I can’t imagine homeschooling now, he’s autistic and school has been amazing for bringing on his communication and social skills. Also he is more compliant at school and knows he must do certain things lol whereas at home he can’t differentiate between home life/school time! Found that out during lockdown 😂 Just my personal opinion of course and what’s right for our family.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have questions.
I know we all do 🤣
Why the hell is she flexi schooling, what is the actual point of one day a week? If you're gonna home school, bloody home school. (unless of course you have a job which prevents you doing it full time. I'm not sure 7 minutes work a week counts)

Why did she have another child? Just why? She presents Ember as nothing but an inconvenience - something that gets in the way of her and raven.
It's making me sick.

I feel. So so much for that little girl - I want to scoop her up and love her.

Ive just found out this week that I have to have a hysterectomy at 37 and I'm surrounded by people who keep popping out kids they don't give two shits about.

Its driving me insane
Sending you lots of love ❤

I know why she had another child. So she could attempt tandem feeding and have a 4 person family bed. That's it.

Reactions: 9
I just can't wrap my head around how, as a TA, she can look at herself, her lifestyle etc and truly believe that she can provide a decent education for raven?! She seems to struggle every day with the basics let alone properly home schooling - not just cbeebies magazines- and not forgetting that come September Ember will be on the move and hitting that 'into everything' toddler stage?!

I know why she NEVER puts ember down!! Little miss bitty hitty can’t be trusted around her 🤦🏼‍♀️

I don't have any knowledge of homeschooling or flexi-schooling, so I'm wondering is it monitored in any way? Do you have to show someone what your child is learning, and how they're progressing?

Because if you do, I can't see them being very impressed with a pile of CBeebies magazines and poundshop exercise books. Or is this why they're sending her to school one day a week? To get around that by her having some formal education to show she's actually learning something?

Reactions: 4
I don't have any knowledge of homeschooling or flexi-schooling, so I'm wondering is it monitored in any way? Do you have to show someone what your child is learning, and how they're progressing?

Because if you do, I can't see them being very impressed with a pile of CBeebies magazines and poundshop exercise books. Or is this why they're sending her to school one day a week? To get around that by her having some formal education to show she's actually learning something?
I knew someone who ‘home schooled’ ie sat on her arse and played sims all day and did duck all with her kids. No check ups etc.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I really don’t understand how flexischooling could ever work. Either you want a child to follow a particular curriculum or you don’t. How do you keep track of what they’re learning at school vs what they’re doing at home? What is even the point of attending one day per week?

Reactions: 6
I wonder if she’ll enrol R into school when she turns 5 as you don’t legally have to put them in formal education (homeschooling or otherwise) until the term after. Also, my experience of homeschooling is that it is not monitored.

She’ll most likely end up putting E in a mainstream nursery because she’s too distracting for R to learn properly 🙄

Reactions: 11
I really don’t understand how flexischooling could ever work. Either you want a child to follow a particular curriculum or you don’t. How do you keep track of what they’re learning at school vs what they’re doing at home? What is even the point of attending one day per week?
I can only assume she's planning to use it as childcare if/when she returns to work. Either that or Dean has insisted on some actual classroom time, because she's said previously that she's had to "convince" him about home educating.

Reactions: 3
I find the idea of sending a child to school for one day a week bizarre. What happens when R starts heading towards SATS age? Won't the other students be a bit bemused? Won't P have to constantly coordinate with the teacher to ensure R isn't missing anything? What happens when something fun is happening on a day when R isn't in? I have my issues with the education system but that seems like an odd solution. Why not choose a Steiner school of that's how you feel?

I also think school would do R a world of good. I took a trip through some old posts of P and it turns out R has a cousin of almost the exact same age. There were some posts about 'a lifetime friendship' etc. Kid never posted again and P no longer follows the Mum. I don't know, I just think we never see R with friends? I feel like if she did we would get gloating posts from P about how friendly R is.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
She's pissing me off with #yoghurtgate (partially because she's spelling it wrong in my opinion 😂) but highlighting she has 97 message requests that she's ignoring because they're all in response...
A) maybe this is what happens when you're a preachy know-it-all wanker. There is a deep joy in pointing out someone's cock up when they make you feel inferior consistently.
B) has she actually scrolled through to ensure they're all about that and is just being a knobhead by showing that she's ignoring everyone or has she not checked because hey, maybe someone is reaching out to her based on shared experience? But then, we know how bleeping rude and superior she can be, even when it comes to baby loss.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.