One Day of Winter #2 Slop for dinner, nips on tap, Dads not allowed to help with naps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh I must of missed when she said that. Does the baby have a bed or is she in the bed with pea? Must of missed this
it was a few weeks ago now, she said it under the guise of dean snoring so moved to another bedroom
when we al know she really meant he’s been kicked out so she can co sleep with raven and the baby.
from what i’ve seen raven has a single
bed type thing maybe toddler bed? pushed up to their bed.
not been on insta this year so unsure what sleeping arrangements are for ember, i imagine she just goes in bed with them tho?

Reactions: 2
I disagree. I too thought co-sleeping was a big no no in terms of safety. I would assume someone who’s lost a child would then follow all guidelines to ensure safety.
Co sleeping is absolutely fine if you follow the safety guidelines. I've attached them (as listed by the Lullaby Trust) for you.

There are stipulations to co sleeping. If you smoke, if you have been drinking or taking drugs, if your baby was born below 37 weeks or below a certain weight and if you are extremely tired then it's recommended you don't Co sleep.

Out of those, she could be extremely tired, however she said that she sends the newborn into the other room with Dean until baby needed feeding.

She also has a bed cot for the baby which the baby goes in so baby is perfectly safe in there.

But really, co sleeping is not a no no if the guidelines are followed so it's important to stop spreading that myth.

There’s no safe way to co sleep with two children and two adults.
There is.

Two bedside cots for a start. A lot of people are massively misinformed about co sleeping and think it's endless bodies piled into 1 bed and a hope for the best situation, it really isn't.

I co slept and loved it. I followed the rules and it was fine. I know lots of others that co slept. I don't know anyone who lost a child to sids through co sleeping (and it can happen, usually when the rules haven't been followed and a child has suffocated under the blanket) but I know 2 families (close friends) who put their child to sleep in a cot and both died of sids.

Co sleeping settles the baby quicker, it's easier for feeding and it's recommended baby sleeps in the same room for the first 6 months so why not have them as close as safely possible?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Photo of the sleep space, a bed for Raven on the left and Ember on the right. It’s a ridiculous set up BUT it’s not dangerous. Most parents will bring their baby into their bed at some point because they’re knackered, saying blanket statements like ‘there is no safe way to co sleep’ just means people don’t look the guidelines up or ask a HCP and so they do it unsafely like co sleeping on a sofa.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
it was a few weeks ago now, she said it under the guise of dean snoring so moved to another bedroom
when we al know she really meant he’s been kicked out so she can co sleep with raven and the baby.
from what i’ve seen raven has a single
bed type thing maybe toddler bed? pushed up to their bed.
not been on insta this year so unsure what sleeping arrangements are for ember, i imagine she just goes in bed with them tho?
She has a bedside cot for the baby and there's a toddler bedside bed for Raven, she showed it on one of her stories.

Although she got Dean to take Ember away while she soothed Raven and said that Dean with bring Ember back when she needs feeding. No idea how often she feeds though

Reactions: 1
Photo of the sleep space, a bed for Raven on the left and Ember on the right. It’s a ridiculous set up BUT it’s not dangerous. Most parents will bring their baby into their bed at some point because they’re knackered, saying blanket statements like ‘there is no safe way to co sleep’ just means people don’t look the guidelines up or ask a HCP and so they do it unsafely like co sleeping on a sofa.
Just from looking at that photo, the v pillow implies to me she sleeps closer to Ravens toddler bed anyway 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Nicola has said dean sleeps in the spare room as he snores. The main bed is Nicolas Raven is the other side and ember is in the cot

Why is she doing more now than ever before?
It's like she's avoiding the new pip
I think its a ‘ look at me’ why did
View attachment 423336View attachment 423337

The post on Facebook for those who can’t see. Sounds like ember is still the second thought, makes me so sad.

(thought I’d left the group but turns out I just had it on mute)
im sorry but she is doing this stress to herself! The baby NEEDS milk to survive! Raven doesn't! Raven needs to come off now. Pea is paying to much attention to Ravens needs and not enough to the newborn who absolutely relies solely on Pea!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Co sleeping is absolutely fine if you follow the safety guidelines. I've attached them (as listed by the Lullaby Trust) for you.

There are stipulations to co sleeping. If you smoke, if you have been drinking or taking drugs, if your baby was born below 37 weeks or below a certain weight and if you are extremely tired then it's recommended you don't Co sleep.

Out of those, she could be extremely tired, however she said that she sends the newborn into the other room with Dean until baby needed feeding.

She also has a bed cot for the baby which the baby goes in so baby is perfectly safe in there.

But really, co sleeping is not a no no if the guidelines are followed so it's important to stop spreading that myth.

There is.

Two bedside cots for a start. A lot of people are massively misinformed about co sleeping and think it's endless bodies piled into 1 bed and a hope for the best situation, it really isn't.

I co slept and loved it. I followed the rules and it was fine. I know lots of others that co slept. I don't know anyone who lost a child to sids through co sleeping (and it can happen, usually when the rules haven't been followed and a child has suffocated under the blanket) but I know 2 families (close friends) who put their child to sleep in a cot and both died of sids.

Co sleeping settles the baby quicker, it's easier for feeding and it's recommended baby sleeps in the same room for the first 6 months so why not have them as close as safely possible?
Thank you - that’s really helpful!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.