Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just remembered another story - Used to have a dog, before the one I have now, that barked at bikes that went past. Was always aware and used to bring her in so she wouldn’t get stressed/didn’t want people complaining. Then one day, a neighbour who lives adjacent to me, popped his head over the gate and said ‘if you don’t shut your dog up I’ll poison it’ 😕 Karma works in weird ways because a few month later he died.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Everyone on my neighbours is lovely apart from our immediate ones. He uses steroids so regularly gets “roid rage”. The police have been involved numerous times however nothing is ever done due to lack of evidence. I hate them, why can’t people just be nice and normal?!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
My neighbour turns her overflowing bin towards my house so on windy days all her rubbish flys into mine . I've asked her so many times to turn her bin around and she just laughs it off .
We all have really large back gardens but during the summer , herself and all of her family would sunbathe in the front garden and drink then come every Friday the music would be pumping all hours if the night.
Very annoying when you have young kids

• Angry
Reactions: 8
My neighbour turns her overflowing bin towards my house so on windy days all her rubbish flys into mine . I've asked her so many times to turn her bin around and she just laughs it off .
We all have really large back gardens but during the summer , herself and all of her family would sunbathe in the front garden and drink then come every Friday the music would be pumping all hours if the night.
throw it on her garden In the middle of the night looool

• Haha
Gather it up, knock on her door, she answers and then hand it to her saying "lost something?"

Reactions: 5
Oh I have thrown it all back in but it gets annoying when you have to do it everyday . I'm just gonna build a higher wall . Her husband aswell smokes at their halldoor and when he finishes he flicks it out onto the footpath and myself and my other neighbour have driveways so the smoke butts blow into ours . They are dirty fuckers .
Also , you know the way normal people pack a bag for charity and bring it to the shop , well these pair pack bags and leave them in their front garden and keep filling them with clothes each week , they do it with empty bottles aswell 🤬

• Sick
Reactions: 3
I thought my neighbours since we moved were all fairly normal but I've witnessed something this morning that I think is really odd!

I was standing at the bus stop round the corner from my house waiting for a bus to work and my next door neighbour suddenly appeared, crossed the road to the bus stop and threw a little bag of dog poo in the public litter bin at the bus stop, then walked back over the road and round the corner to his house. The bin was really full and had loads of these little bags on the top so he must do this every time his dog goes to the loo.

I don't have dogs so maybe this is normal?? I just think it's gross and a bit selfish to be walking round the corner and filling up a public bin when you have your own dustbin to use for this stuff!

• Sick
Reactions: 4
I can't quote proper but this is in reply to silkytoes . Some people are just mean , he probably doesn't want the extra weight in his bin or something stupid like that . Like could you be arsed .
We have a neighbour on our road who has no bins and late at night before bin collection he goes around with his own bags and fills other peoples bins with his own rubbish . He has been caught so many times and still does it

• Angry
  • Wow
Before they moved out, a couple of my neighbours were in an all out parking war. Neither side were the good guys.

One of them was disabled and painted their own disabled bay out the front. Both had room for having offstreet parking for two cars in their front gardens but apparently would rather bicker out on the street. The friends and relatives of the neighbours they didn’t like kept using it saying it didn’t count as a DIY job. It resulted in a friend of the non-disabled neighbour’s windshield getting covered in emulsion paint for parking in the “bay”. The police were called and the bay disappeared within a couple of days.

The non-disabled neighbours have since moved and a lot of the drama seems to have flowed away.

As for my parents’ neighbours, I have nothing but sympathy for them. They are new and one of the old old boys on the estate has taken exception to them. The last I saw was the old man putting up tall fence panels in the middle of a steep shared drive because the new neighbour dares to use his own drive (the one before didn’t and the old boy would sprawl his crappy old cars into the neighbouring drive). I could spend all day listing out the old boy’s pettiness.

I don’t know what it is, but some type of retired people seem to treat neighbour disputes as a hobby. I once even had an old boy try to steal 6ft of my garden once - absolutely clueless.

I’m at my wits end with my neighbours. They were playing loud music until 3am last night. Who does that on a Sunday? I now have to WFH on little sleep and a pounding headache 😖. I’ve complained to the council because it’s just relentless (posted on here before about them). Hate to be a curtain twitcher but they affect my mental health!

• Sad
  • Heart
I’m at my wits end with my neighbours. They were playing loud music until 3am last night. Who does that on a Sunday? I now have to WFH on little sleep and a pounding headache 😖. I’ve complained to the council because it’s just relentless (posted on here before about them). Hate to be a curtain twitcher but they affect my mental health!
I have this exact problem. A 40+ year old man having parties (including during lockdown, police did nothing) every week. Starts on Thursday and goes non stop until Monday or Tuesday. Music, guitar, singing, shouting, banging. He's a dick, so is his mates. They made a song about corona when it was at its worst and thought it was hilarious. They also think they're cool for playing spoons?! He sells drugs, has been called a pedalo and had his car windows smashed so he's obviously not well liked. One of the times we phoned police during lockdown he threatened my husband so we haven't phoned them since and just live in fear with constant anxiety, no sleep and headaches.

All my other neighbours are great, so friendly and lots of cute dogs!

He hasn't been called a pedalo, it changed my word so he's been called a thing to do with kids.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I have this exact problem. A 40+ year old man having parties (including during lockdown, police did nothing) every week. Starts on Thursday and goes non stop until Monday or Tuesday. Music, guitar, singing, shouting, banging. He's a dick, so is his mates. They made a song about corona when it was at its worst and thought it was hilarious. They also think they're cool for playing spoons?! He sells drugs, has been called a pedalo and had his car windows smashed so he's obviously not well liked. One of the times we phoned police during lockdown he threatened my husband so we haven't phoned them since and just live in fear with constant anxiety, no sleep and headaches.

All my other neighbours are great, so friendly and lots of cute dogs!

He hasn't been called a pedalo, it changed my word so he's been called a thing to do with kids.
I was scared to report mine as he’s committed domestic abuse against the mother of his children - she rang the police last Christmas and kicked him out... now he’s back! I’m going to wait and see how the council respond but I will take it further because it’s ruining my life!

• Sad
I was scared to report mine as he’s committed domestic abuse against the mother of his children - she rang the police last Christmas and kicked him out... now he’s back! I’m going to wait and see how the council respond but I will take it further because it’s ruining my life!
I hope you get it sorted because nobody should have to live like this. Its so draining on everything and almost feels like being a prisoner in your own home in a way.

Good luck!!

I hope you get it sorted because nobody should have to live like this. Its so draining on everything and almost feels like being a prisoner in your own home in a way.

Good luck!!

What Fan says.

There’s a reason why sleep deprivation is defined as torture. I really wish police and councils used the legal powers they got to actually deal with noisy neighbour rather than hiding behind “he said, she said”.

• Heart
I'm currently visiting my dad in London, he still lives in the house I grew up in and I was reminded of a neighbour here, I had a beloved velvet furred, flop earred house rabbit called Biscuit and was absolutely heartbroken when she managed to escape out of her outdoor run. The next day a huge, burly, Irishman that looked like father christmas knocked on the door and I answered it. He had my rabbits severed bottom half (legs attached) in his hand waving them in the air like a bleeping pair of streamers, in his broad accent saying he lived a few doors down and if it belonged to me. I was about 9-10 and let out the most enormous scream. He could have let my parents know or something 😱

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
My mum used to live next door to someone who eventually would appear on Big Brother (she lived there about ten years before it happened). This lady was really glam, pretty, had a beautiful little home and used to get regular evening callers - including Robbie Williams and Brian Harvey! We were prob the annoying neighbours because whenever a car pulled up I’d be peeping round the curtain to see who it was 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
My mum used to live next door to someone who eventually would appear on Big Brother (she lived there about ten years before it happened). This lady was really glam, pretty, had a beautiful little home and used to get regular evening callers - including Robbie Williams and Brian Harvey! We were prob the annoying neighbours because whenever a car pulled up I’d be peeping round the curtain to see who it was 🤣
Love this!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We live in a really quiet cul de sac, the houses are pretty close together and everyone is friendly enough but gets on with their lives in a quiet manner.
The house next to me is a rental investment property, the landlord who owns it kept it up really nicely. The previous people were no trouble, then moved out to buy a property. Then new people moved it, he’s a teacher, she’s a sahm with twin boys. They seemed friendly enough on arrival. The first 6 months were fine, no problems at all. Then the chap started to have problems at work and surprise surprise started to take it out on his wife/partner at home (never the kids). There was screaming, yelling and swearing at all hours of the day and night. Only from the chap mind, we have never heard the woman shout back. This literally went on daily for years. How or why she stayed with him and put up with it I dont know. whenever we saw her out and about she was really quiet, nervous and kept her head down.
We think he changed jobs and this settled him down. Later the landlord told them he was selling up and they had to move out. I heard they moved back up north where he’s from.

• Sad
  • Wow
Horrible experience with a neighbour years ago. He was bottom flat and I was top floor flat.

Guy was odd, hair on back of neck stand up odd. He had these staring dead behind them blue eyes, genuinely gives me shudders to remember.
He started appearing EVERY time I came into the close; used to work back shifts so would be dark and he would appear and try to talk to me, walk me upstairs etc. He started posting random things through the letterbox; tea bags and sweets etc. My flat mate came down the stairs and found him standing in the close shaving with a razor. At 7am. Just standing there.

This following lurking about behaviour continued. Then police started randomly turning up to do “welfare checks” on him and we asked them for a chat after one of these visits. Told them what’s going on, felt stupid/foolish. The two police guys looked at each other said they couldn’t tell us about his past but... and I quote ... “Do not make him angry. Answer him with one words. Never go into his flat and never be alone with him” and to call the police if anything further happened.

Moved out not long after but still gives me the fear. Nothing major happened but clearly he was some known mega violent type.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Horrible experience with a neighbour years ago. He was bottom flat and I was top floor flat.

Guy was odd, hair on back of neck stand up odd. He had these staring dead behind them blue eyes, genuinely gives me shudders to remember.
He started appearing EVERY time I came into the close; used to work back shifts so would be dark and he would appear and try to talk to me, walk me upstairs etc. He started posting random things through the letterbox; tea bags and sweets etc. My flat mate came down the stairs and found him standing in the close shaving with a razor. At 7am. Just standing there.

This following lurking about behaviour continued. Then police started randomly turning up to do “welfare checks” on him and we asked them for a chat after one of these visits. Told them what’s going on, felt stupid/foolish. The two police guys looked at each other said they couldn’t tell us about his past but... and I quote ... “Do not make him angry. Answer him with one words. Never go into his flat and never be alone with him” and to call the police if anything further happened.

Moved out not long after but still gives me the fear. Nothing major happened but clearly he was some known mega violent type.
That is so scary! They must have been monitoring him for something if he had police checking up on him

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.