Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My in laws neighbours recieved ASBO warnings when ASBO's were a thing.....these people were in their 70's and utter cretins of society who think they own the road.

My mil said she caught the man next door peering over his fence into her bedroom as she got changed. They are bungalows and her blinds were on a tilt. How my fil did not go round and lamp him one i will never know. They got a new fence to the legal height.....next door builds decking and sits his shed on it so he can peep. I am not sure who told him to but he was ordered to lower his shed.

They were also causing damage to their garden and property whilst they were out at work and it came to a head when they woke one morning to find someone had glued the lock on the front door. They got CCTV installed after that and caught them in the act dropping rubbish on their plants and going up their driveway tipping their bins over. They are also certain that one of the neighbours poisoned their cat they had at the time which resulted in having him put to sleep, this was never proved but they would bang on their window if he was ever in their garden.

After weeks of CCTV footage compiled and a visit from a PCSO they were issued with warnings 🤣
These days they keep a low profile.

See I’m on the other side because I have neighbours cats coming into my garden constantly front and back, pooing in my boarders, and front drive. I shoo them away and buy cat repellent to try and keep them out but it’s constant, it’s why I don’t have animals as I can’t stand picking up crap lol
I haven’t mentioned it though as obviously outdoor cats so it’s not like they can police where they are going all the time 🤷🏻‍♀️
We bought two sensors off Amazon which you just place in the ground and they emit a high frequency which cats cannot stand so they don't come and do their business. It doesn't hurt their ears or anything, it just repells them and they do actually work.
Im not a misery guts and I do love cats, my in laws have 3 cats, but i just got fed up of picking up cat poo every evening after work.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I've had a chain of horrid neighbours I'm very unlucky but I wont bore you listing them all.

My last neighbour was an old man, we shared a driveway and path as we lived in adjoining cottages. It's very secluded so you would think the neighbours would be alright....nope. he would scream at his wife if she took too long coming up the pathway, he would boot our dog out the way, lean his whole fat belly and head into our garden to look into our conservatory - CONSTANTLY. It gave me such bad anxiety I would never open the curtains. He would catch me outside every so often on my ecig and he would always say YOU'RE SMOKING WEED THATS ILLEGAL. I just wouldn't reply to him. Its clearly not a fuckin joint. He also once occused me of stealing a fish out of his pond the bleeping crank. What am i gonna do with your fish ffs?
Anyway, we moved out and a week later went back to egg his house.

Now we live on a lovely street but theres just one family who are awful. The mum and dad are proper rough, i think they're druggies. They constantly fight on the driveway, physically, whilst their kids cry and scream watching them. They have 7 kids in 2 bedrooms. The kids are all knobs too - they stay out til gone midnight even the 4 yr old twins...they key the cars on the streets, brick the houses, slash tyres...everyones reported them but duck all gets done. They have a social worker who goes to their house often but thats the extent of it.

Where are all the placid, kind neighbours! Should we all move onto the same street so we can have a lovely lot of lives?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I've had a chain of horrid neighbours I'm very unlucky but I wont bore you listing them all.

My last neighbour was an old man, we shared a driveway and path as we lived in adjoining cottages. It's very secluded so you would think the neighbours would be alright....nope. he would scream at his wife if she took too long coming up the pathway, he would boot our dog out the way, lean his whole fat belly and head into our garden to look into our conservatory - CONSTANTLY. It gave me such bad anxiety I would never open the curtains. He would catch me outside every so often on my ecig and he would always say YOU'RE SMOKING WEED THATS ILLEGAL. I just wouldn't reply to him. Its clearly not a fuckin joint. He also once occused me of stealing a fish out of his pond the bleeping crank. What am i gonna do with your fish ffs?
Anyway, we moved out and a week later went back to egg his house.

Now we live on a lovely street but theres just one family who are awful. The mum and dad are proper rough, i think they're druggies. They constantly fight on the driveway, physically, whilst their kids cry and scream watching them. They have 7 kids in 2 bedrooms. The kids are all knobs too - they stay out til gone midnight even the 4 yr old twins...they key the cars on the streets, brick the houses, slash tyres...everyones reported them but duck all gets done. They have a social worker who goes to their house often but thats the extent of it.

Where are all the placid, kind neighbours! Should we all move onto the same street so we can have a lovely lot of lives?
I had to laugh at the egging the house bit 🤣

Where we live its a nice area but the kids are so loud when they play out, constantly screaming high pitched all day long. Why do they do that? They also leave their toys dumped on the road like their bikes and roller blades, again, why?

I grew up on a rough council estate which at first glance is like something off Shameless but the people who were our neighbours were all so nice and would do anything for you. My in laws cul de sac is not council and they live alongside some of the worst scum bags ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

Where we live its a nice area but the kids are so loud when they play out, constantly screaming high pitched all day long. Why do they do that? They also leave their toys dumped on the road like their bikes and roller blades, again, why?

I grew up on a rough council estate which at first glance is like something off Shameless but the people who were our neighbours were all so nice and would do anything for you. My in laws cul de sac is not private and they live alongside some of the worst scum bags ever.

Eurgh THIS why do the kids have to screech? They all leave their bikes around here too, just laying in the middle of the road and cars drive at speed here. I'm surprised one of the kids hasn't been knocked down...i wish i was awful enough to run over one of their bastard bikes 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Eurgh THIS why do the kids have to screech? They all leave their bikes around here too, just laying in the middle of the road and cars drive at speed here. I'm surprised one of the kids hasn't been knocked down...i wish i was awful enough to run over one of their bastard bikes 🤣
That was another thing I hated about my old flat in addition to the hoarders opposite - we were on the corner and the house next to our building had 4 or 5 kids that they would send out into the back garden at 7am every morning on weekdays and weekends. They would all try to fit on their tiny trampoline and jump on each other etc then scream and bellow at the top of their lungs like they were being murdered.

I wouldn't mind if they were laughing and having fun but it was just painful and soooo loud. They didn't sound like they were having fun at all. We couldn't have our windows open in the summer without having to listen to their kids try and massacre each other.

Reactions: 3
That was another thing I hated about my old flat in addition to the hoarders opposite - we were on the corner and the house next to our building had 4 or 5 kids that they would send out into the back garden at 7am every morning on weekdays and weekends. They would all try to fit on their tiny trampoline and jump on each other etc then scream and bellow at the top of their lungs like they were being murdered.

I wouldn't mind if they were laughing and having fun but it was just painful and soooo loud. They didn't sound like they were having fun at all. We couldn't have our windows open in the summer without having to listen to their kids try and massacre each other.
If my mum had have heard me and my sisters screaming whilst playing out she would have ordered us all in and grounded us telling us to stfu in future 🤣

Our neighbours tried to sue us as our fence fell and scratched their car during storm clara. Our insurance wouldn’t pay out as it was seems as an act of god, and then they said they would take us to a small claims court, still waiting for that as they know they will get f all! The car is years old and a piece of tit, I think they were just having us on, and our fence was fine before the storm! They have shot us daggers when ever they see us since!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
My neighbour is so nosey they’ve been poking the wood knots out the fence to peep through. I find them on the floor and pop them back in but they do it again. Saw her finger pop one out the other day, I just keep popping them back in. Don’t know what else to do 😂
Put some marmite in the hole... or cat tit? That’ll stop her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Be ready with a hammer when you notice her finger poke through, she won’t do it again (sort of joking)
I have weird neighbours both sides, one who likes to watch our every movement from her window and if we use our garden so does she do she can listen to us. She bangs doors in the night and messes around with my wheelie bins think she has a fetish 😂
The other side never sleep so you hear them talking/listening to music and tv/banging cupboards all day and night. Don’t get me started on the dog... I haven’t had a full nights sleep since we moved here.
Thats what my in laws neighbours were like, always spying. Mil went through a stage of using mail order when there were doing their bungalow up so parcels were arriving every other day so of course, the neighbours had to then start getting deliveries. If they planted some new flowers then the neighbours would do it too. Even now if fil goes out to tend to the front garden then next door will rush out to start faffing with hers.
They used to mess with their wheelie bins to, theu have it on CCTV, i would love the footage so I can edit it all together to the Benny Hill theme song 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5

My next door neighbour has their kids on the trampoline at early morning, everyday, rain or shine, then again at 8/9pm. It’s as though the trampoline is a babysitter while she’s inside doing whatever. It’s especially annoying on a weekend when you want a lie in. I can only describe them as screaming, not laughing. They also go on the trampoline when I’m in the garden as though they bounce on it to look over the fence at me 🖕🏻

• Wow
Reactions: 5
We have new neighbours and things aren’t going well. In the early hours of Saturday morning I came home red wine drunk and they were playing music so loud I could hear it on the street. So went to my flat to check on my flat mate and it had been going on all night. At almost 2am they turned it up so I lost it and went downstairs to have a go. They also smoke cigs and burn horrid insense on the balcony that’s directly below our living room windows to the point where if we have windows open our flat stinks.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
We have new neighbours and things aren’t going well. In the early hours of Saturday morning I came home red wine drunk and they were playing music so loud I could hear it on the street. So went to my flat to check on my flat mate and it had been going on all night. At almost 2am they turned it up so I lost it and went downstairs to have a go. They also smoke cigs and burn horrid insense on the balcony that’s directly below our living room windows to the point where if we have windows open our flat stinks.
Usually burning insence is a cover for drugs. It masks the smell of cannabis.

Reactions: 2
I do love a good batshit neighbour thread, although those of you where it goes beyond amusing have my sympathies.

My next door neighbour is in his 90's now so doesn't do it anymore fortunately, but when my boys were younger they had the back bedroom looking out over the gardens. They used to come home from school, go upstairs to get changed and then I would get a shout "MUUUUUUMMMM THE NUDEY MAN IS NAKED AGAIN" 😂
Yes, my elderly neighbour was a naturist and loved nothing better than the feel of fresh air and sunshine on his wrinkly cock and balls and loved to wander around his garden 🤢

One morning in the summer, about 4am I couldn't sleep so had got up early and was just sitting around in my front room. I was just observing life looking at the birds out side in my front garden when my neighbour walks out, stalk bollock naked with a bag of rubbish to put in the bin across the road. He then walked past my house and up the alleyway that runs by my house where we get to our back gardens. I couldn't believe it as he was so brazen about it.

• Haha
  • Wow
My ex and I split with about 6 months left on the tenancy of our flat, I ended up staying in it for the rest of the contract. About 2 months before I was due to move out two guys moved in next door around my age. I chatted to them in the hall and helped them move a few boxes in, they explained they were starting an online company together and decided to move in together for the business. Well, we had countless and I mean literally 40+ people knocking on their door every day.. they were swiftly arrested after about 6 weeks, huge police presence in the building, we were all asked about the foot traffic in the building :ROFLMAO: then saw in the news that they hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of drugs and weapons, I always wondered why one would stay home whilst the other went for the shopping 😳😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I have to say- this is what I was thinking.
I think I’d rather my clothes smell of week than that insence though. 🤣
I love a bit of insence. Especially nag champa or rose ones. But I'm often afraid to burn them incase people think I am still a pot head 🤣

In relation to neighbours, my grandparents are very nosey neighbours. They are the type that contest any planning permissions and have been known for writing to the council and take pride in reporting their new next door neighbours for a new trellis being a couple of inches too high (they even boast they had measured it themselves). They have conversations that go on ALOT longer than they should about why a neighbour might not have their car for 2 days or someone not putting their bins out. My nan sits at her parlour room window twitching her net curtains and shouts out a running commentary to my grandad who will be sat watching a Western in the back room, shouting back. Just incase my nan is busy doing something else, like writing letters to the council or spying out at the neighbours in the back, they have an assortment of dogs ranging from Yorkies to Alsations and a bunch of other breeds in between alerting them with a variety of barks from berserk yapping to deep woofing and they rush to twitch the curtains incase they miss anything. Like someone walking past, completely unaware my grandparents are inside evaluating everything amongst themselves from their walk, or the fact they might of had a hat on, so could very well be suspicious of all sorts heinous crimes. Saying this though, they do live in Cricklewood, their street very close to the street serial killer Dennis Nilson lived.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I live in a flat and am fortunate to have relatively quiet neighbours and don’t have a clue who any of them are. However my parents live next to some right whoppers. They live in a lovely small Yorkshire village, very middle class. The house next to my parents is the last remaining council house in the village, the rest have been sold off by the council. This would be fine except the people who live there are total oddballs. They have 3 adult children who all live at home, were homeschooled and barely leave the house. They come across as quite emotionally stunted, childlike and probably neglected. My parents largely ignore these neighbours but have been driven mad at times by their dogs barking all day long. Sometimes it’s clear they aren’t home and the dogs are left to bark for hours. I think they had 4 large dogs at this point (they also have a bunch of cats).
Eventually my mum contacted the council to report the dogs being left for long periods barking loudly which you can hear clearly through the walls. The next day, two bleeping freshly dug GRAVES appeared in the neighbours back garden and it was quickly apparent that the man had killed two of the dogs.
The neighbours then proceeded to tell anyone who will listen, including some roofers who were doing my parents roof, that my parents killed their dog through stress. Obviously didn’t mention the fact he probably hit the dogs with a shovel as well. Nutters!!!

They’ve done other stuff too but my parents just ignore them now as they are going to move house and don’t want to have to declare any grievances.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22

I grew up on a rough council estate which at first glance is like something off Shameless but the people who were our neighbours were all so nice and would do anything for you. My in laws cul de sac is not council and they live alongside some of the worst scum bags ever.
The stigma attached to social housing really needs to end, arseholes can buy houses too

When I lived in my previous council house I had private neighbours on both sides who we had issues with

Guy joined onto us would leave his dogs in the house for 10-12 hours a day and they would bark constantly, it literally drove my partner to have anxiety and we had to move

Guy at the other side (not attached) came to our door one night going mad because we had work done in the back garden 'without telling him', didn't realise we had to ask permission? When really his issue was we'd cut down all the conifers up each side of the garden and exposed his fence which was well over 6 foot, not that it bothered us in anyway and we hadn't mentioned it 🤷‍♀️ his mum would often come to the house when he was at work and we were getting new grass laid in the back garden and one of the guys came to the door saying she was spraying weed killer over the fence at the workers! Saw it with my own eyes so then called the police, not that they did much

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.