Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've reported it to the police this morning but there wasn't anything they could do, all they did was take down the details and told me unless it's persistent behaviour or instant threatening behaviour theres very little they can do but log it. I found the whole thing so creepy yesterday. Just to recap a friend of mine would get really giddy messaging someone, when she showed me the snaps, it was the man directly next door, who is with a woman he has 3 kids with, telling my friend he lived in an apartment in town. When he realised I knew he has been doing really strange things which I have always dismissed as anxiety that I knew such as suddenly popping out of an alleyway infront of me on the way home when I had just seen him behind me in the queue at the shop, then making lots of small talk all the way back to where we lived. I had to pretend to make a phone call and be "busy" because it was just so awkward.

He is only 30 I believe, he must only be about 5'4" but very top heavy, looks like a condom full of walnuts with all the unnessersary muscle bursting out his tight tops. Has a beard and a permanent smile with these creepily perfect, super white veneers. Revolting. He reminds me of the type of bloke that loves himself so much he would take serious offence to any rejection of advances so yesterday was pretty disturbing. He has certainly ruffled my feathers and like someone said I too, think he was trying to get me to answer the door in my undies! Also it was like he knew my boyfriend wasn't there, so the feeling he has probably been watching him come and go is irksome.

Sadly my boyfriends instant reaction to this would probably end up in confrontation and very likely him getting into trouble. So I've had to keep this from him and had to tell the police it is for the best if he remains unaware.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I've mentioned my next door neighbour who was snapchatting my friend. Who was lying about who he is to my friend as he has a longterm girlfriend and kids. He knows I know and often follows me almost like he wants to keep making sure I dont say anything. Not my monkeys....

Anyhow next door also have two little Pomeranians. When they are playing with a ball they scrabble around on the floor with it but I've noticed their ball has kept going over our 6 ft fence into my garden followed by the bloke popping his head up asking for it back then trying to talk to me. I find it bleeping annoying, even more so because I know he is intentionally doing it and it is always when he appears to be alone. The ball never comes over any other time!

In these houses, unlike most British homes, the living room is at the back, the kitchen the front. I'm sat watching TV and I thought I could hear pebbles hitting my back window. I had an argument with my boyfriend yesterday and he went home although it wasnt really in his nature to do that, I thought it was him. My doorbell also rang twice for no one to be there. The pebbles kept happening and it got to a point I had to get my boyfriend to video call me in his flat to prove he wasnt chucking pebbles at my window and ringing my bell running off. When I realised it wasnt him, I turned the lights off and went upstairs.

Then early this morning, while I'm up with the baby and have the back door open the ball comes over. That lad next door is proper eyeballing me. I could feel his eyes all over me when I retrieved the ball. When I threw it over he said "I saw you in just your bra last night and was trying to get your attention"...

I dont know what to do!!! It has creeped me out.
Voyeurism is a crime, report it. He could turn out to be a proper wrong un! In the 80s we called them peeping toms 🤢

Sorry just saw your update that is ridiculous they won't have a word!🤬

Reactions: 8
I've reported it to the police this morning but there wasn't anything they could do, all they did was take down the details and told me unless it's persistent behaviour or instant threatening behaviour theres very little they can do but log it. I found the whole thing so creepy yesterday. Just to recap a friend of mine would get really giddy messaging someone, when she showed me the snaps, it was the man directly next door, who is with a woman he has 3 kids with, telling my friend he lived in an apartment in town. When he realised I knew he has been doing really strange things which I have always dismissed as anxiety that I knew such as suddenly popping out of an alleyway infront of me on the way home when I had just seen him behind me in the queue at the shop, then making lots of small talk all the way back to where we lived. I had to pretend to make a phone call and be "busy" because it was just so awkward.

He is only 30 I believe, he must only be about 5'4" but very top heavy, looks like a condom full of walnuts with all the unnessersary muscle bursting out his tight tops. Has a beard and a permanent smile with these creepily perfect, super white veneers. Revolting. He reminds me of the type of bloke that loves himself so much he would take serious offence to any rejection of advances so yesterday was pretty disturbing. He has certainly ruffled my feathers and like someone said I too, think he was trying to get me to answer the door in my undies! Also it was like he knew my boyfriend wasn't there, so the feeling he has probably been watching him come and go is irksome.

Sadly my boyfriends instant reaction to this would probably end up in confrontation and very likely him getting into trouble. So I've had to keep this from him and had to tell the police it is for the best if he remains unaware.
Oh god, how awful for you.

Reactions: 4
They were getting at without solid proof, it is pretty much my word against his. I was thinking of getting CCTV anyway as it is an area where the local spice and smack heads congregate when they are moved on from the town center so back yard thefts in the night are notorious around here, people have had everything from bikes to entire garden furniture sets pinched.
On a lighter note I have lovely neighbours at the back. Most the other neighbours can't bare them though and see them as nightmares. They are a huge Lithuanian family of all ages and lots of kids, in the summer I think they give the street a resort like atmosphere. They have pool parties, music (always house music similar to what would get played on holiday resorts) and the most gorgeous BBQ's and platters lasting ALL day and all night. Its lovely to hear so much laughter because it's never troublesome parties, they just sound like they have the most relaxed, easy going lifestyle, the men there are taxi drivers and they seem to live in the night time. They are always feeding us. 🤣 They are like marmite though, some of us round here really love them, others are grumpy gits towards them. Theyve only been here for about a year and a half but, I would miss them if they ever leave.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
They were getting at without solid proof, it is pretty much my word against his. I was thinking of getting CCTV anyway as it is an area where the local spice and smack heads congregate when they are moved on from the town center so back yard thefts in the night are notorious around here, people have had everything from bikes to entire garden furniture sets pinched.
On a lighter note I have lovely neighbours at the back. Most the other neighbours can't bare them though and see them as nightmares. They are a huge Lithuanian family of all ages and lots of kids, in the summer I think they give the street a resort like atmosphere. They have pool parties, music (always house music similar to what would get played on holiday resorts) and the most gorgeous BBQ's and platters lasting ALL day and all night. Its lovely to hear so much laughter because it's never troublesome parties, they just sound like they have the most relaxed, easy going lifestyle, the men there are taxi drivers and they seem to live in the night time. They are always feeding us. 🤣 They are like marmite though, some of us round here really love them, others are grumpy gits towards them. Theyve only been here for about a year and a half but, I would miss them if they ever leave.
I agree about the CCTV , I don't have the drug issue but after all the neighbour issues I've had it seems sensible... there are lots on amazon that are not expensive and you can get some which link to your phone so you get notifications immediately)
I would love neighbours who gave me yummy food! I would say (possibly, obv I cannot be sure, but I can see similar things happening near where I live, nothing so exciting though!) it could be a xenaphobia issue? which is obviously terrible

Reactions: 7
I find they make the place seem so much safer too since being here too, as they are always up and about at night. It would be a shame if it were that issue as certain others round here who moan about it are partial to their own gatherings which often end up in fights and an ambulance being called.

Reactions: 9

That's ok Chlo, no there's not much they can do BUT the point of you calling was to get his behaviour logged with them, which they've done, now keep a diary of any further incidents, dates, times, whatever. CCTV will add to any evidence you collate, and if you get enough they will eventually be able to do something about it X

Reactions: 5
They sound like fabulous neighbours!

My neighbour problems, are pretty tame compared with most of the posts in this thread. I used to live in a flat with no carpet on the floor, the flat was a first floor flat. The man who lived below me, must have been in his late 60's early 70's. The first incident happened when I was moving in, he yelled at one of the movers, because he had broken one of my dishes, and put it in his bin.
Months passed by, a workman from the housing association that I was with, started cutting the hedge outside the neighbour's flat. The neighbour started shouting expletives at him, for cutting the hedge too short. He was really ranting at him!
The neighbour was slightly deaf, so I could quite often hear his television, it did not bother me. But the irony is, I used to walk around my flat bare footed, and every so often, I would hear him tell me to "F Off" through the ceiling. Apparently he could hear my footsteps. What a charmer!

• Wow
Mine are pretty tame compared to some. One of our next door neighbours is a nosey witch my husband refuses to cut the grass when she's in as she stands in the window watching him, also when her husband is doing anything in the garden she watches over him overseeing everything, she also thinks she owns the street.

Before we had kids we got a new car, a neighbour came and complained and said we were showing off the way he was going in you'd have thought is was a Bentley not a chuffing hyundai, said neighbours wife has had god knows how many new cars since then.

A few years ago a family moved in directly across, they had 2 dogs that would just constantly bark and when they were let out they would get out of the garden and just run around the street, they would also argue especially after a few drinks then last year the bloke was clearing out the house and was doing work on it then just before lockdown the bloke who brought it moved his in laws in and christ they are something else 😬 whenever it's not raining the woman just sits outside with a crate of strongbow and works her way through that, she also keeps accusing the bloke of having a affair with her sister the argument has been going on for about a month and most nights she's screaming at him she likes to call him a bleep ALOT

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Mine are pretty tame compared to some. One of our next door neighbours is a nosey witch my husband refuses to cut the grass when she's in as she stands in the window watching him, also when her husband is doing anything in the garden she watches over him overseeing everything, she also thinks she owns the street.

Before we had kids we got a new car, a neighbour came and complained and said we were showing off the way he was going in you'd have thought is was a Bentley not a chuffing hyundai, said neighbours wife has had god knows how many new cars since then.

A few years ago a family moved in directly across, they had 2 dogs that would just constantly bark and when they were let out they would get out of the garden and just run around the street, they would also argue especially after a few drinks then last year the bloke was clearing out the house and was doing work on it then just before lockdown the bloke who brought it moved his in laws in and christ they are something else 😬 whenever it's not raining the woman just sits outside with a crate of strongbow and works her way through that, she also keeps accusing the bloke of having a affair with her sister the argument has been going on for about a month and most nights she's screaming at him she likes to call him a bleep ALOT
that sounds like something from shameless :LOL:

• Haha
that sounds like something from shameless :LOL:
We have nicknamed one of the houses near us Shameless. Always has 3-4 hoodies stood outside, honks of weed when you pass it and usually a blazing row the middle of the night 😅
Does anyone else nickname their neighbours? Funny things mind not nasty. My mils neighbour 4 doors down got this Jeep thing once and she nicknames him safari and its stuck ever since.
We nickname our next door neighbours just eat as they always seem to have food deliveries. Example... "Courier left the Parcel next door at just eats....i'll go get it now"

I often wonder what the neighbours nickname us 😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: 15
We have nicknamed one of the houses near us Shameless. Always has 3-4 hoodies stood outside, honks of weed when you pass it and usually a blazing row the middle of the night 😅
Does anyone else nickname their neighbours? Funny things mind not nasty. My mils neighbour 4 doors down got this Jeep thing once and she nicknames him safari and its stuck ever since.
We nickname our next door neighbours just eat as they always seem to have food deliveries. Example... "Courier left the Parcel next door at just eats....i'll go get it now"

My youngest son has named our oldish neighbour Boris since she’s had her haircut just like him few months ago, we’ve also got Scary Mary across the way who drinks red wine by the bottle daily, Gangster gran lives 2 doors down & smokes joints for her arthritis 🤣, the Gallagher’s are not bad compared to some of these Stories

• Haha
Reactions: 16

I nickname all my neighbours.

Crystal back - woman who must live at the end of the road, only ever see her walking past to and from work but she walks so straight like a pole, like she is balancing something on her head. She looks so stiff!

Skis - Some gangly lad across the road with the most enormous feet, always opts for huge, chunky, white Nike trainers emphasising his assets.

Big nosed Mick - it's in the name.

Marathon man - some, middle aged, morbidly obese man who happens to be very nosey and just horrid. Lives opposite. He stands at his front gate alot just to side eye people and make inappropriate comments to passers by, often making a point he don't like gays, it can take him about half an hour just to get to his front gate, he does it like he is running a marathon in slow motion. He seems to have a morning routine of doing this.

Ginger Ninjas - a family consisting of a ginger haired couple, they have about 7 kids, one after the after. Visually they could be really striking and photogenic when they are all together, if they wasnt so filthy. Their kids always have varying degrees of dried snot round their faces and always play out barefoot. Their front garden is like a tip, they have a sofa in it and a dozen shopping trolleys, which they all sit/play on.

Dancing Chris - is his nickname everyone gives him anyway. He is one of the infamous eccentrics in town, pretty much everyone in this town has an idea of who he is as he is a general nuisance. Hes an older man with severe alcoholism and lives at the bottom of my street. He used to be homeless and still behaves like he is homeless. Gets up early to sit with his guitar on the border of the town centre of which he is banned from entering. He can be nice, he can also be very threatening and intimidating and will get all in your face, depending on what he has had to drink. He lives on the end of the street and TBH he is someone that clearly needs to be in supported accommodation and not left to his own devices. He is always in the local paper for his antics.

I swear where ever I go I come across different variations of certain types of people 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Headphone gang - family across the road consisting of mum, 2 daughters and a son. Every time you see the mum and eldest daughter they’re both wearing headphones. Mum takes them off when going out in the car etc but I’ve never seen the daughter without them. She was standing talking to someone on the street with them on.

Venga bus - woman down the road who has a massive 12 seater bus parked in a disabled space that isn’t big enough for the bus. Never see anyone but her in it when she flies past our house.

Neighbours either side of us we know by name so no nicknames for them 😂

• Haha
Leggings - lady who lives opposite and always wears leggings. Shes a large lady and they're see through when she bends down. Her husband spoke to us for the first time in 7 years last week. By spoke to us I mean he shouted at me for parking where he wanted to park. It's a road, no one owns any spaces. He upset my little boy who asked to move house now because of it so you can guarantee I will park then whenever I like now just to piss him off.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
We also had a nickname of "house of plenty" where we lived once. Husband and wife and his sister also lived with them, the wife had a little boy through IVF and then got pregnant naturally with twins when her baby was just 5 months old 😃
The sister moved out eventually but we always referred to them as house of plenty 😅 lovely family.

When we lived in our flat there was a guy who lived on the floor below us who was the double of Max from Eastenders...."said hi to Max Branning before, he was off to the Vic with Peggy" 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My mum lives in a little street of around 14 house’s and calls one of the neighbours the bleeping Nesbitt's & when the nesbitts have visitors she says the Clampetts have now arrived 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I am so happy some of you have names for your neighbors. 😆

Some nicknames that have stuck for neighbors are: Red Barn witch, bleeping Mimi, The Tosser and The Turd, The Websters (from Corrie), Mason Tosser, The Vulture, Skanky Ho, Army Boy and the Breeder, The McMansion.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
We also give our neighbours nicknames....we've got "1930's Woman" (she's young-ish but looks like she's been teleported straight from that era, with really old-fashioned hair and clothes and even her face, if that makes sense)....and "Skyrish", who is always out in her garden on her phone - she talks annoyingly loudly but has a really weird accent that sounds half Scottish and half Irish, hence the name!

With the neighbours that we don't really know, we also guess what they do for a living......anyone else do that?!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.