Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My bad neighbour situation has escalated slightly. A couple of weeks ago I went down whilst red wine drunk to have a go about the music. The music has stopped but I’ve never known a bunch of people slam doors like they do. We’ve been in this flat almost 3 years and never had issues until this lot. In the space of around 2 weeks I’ve been woken up 4 times in the middle of the night by banging (I think it’s doors) or very heated arguments. On Saturday it was the couple in the room below mine- I distinctly heard “you’re a wanker” said a couple of times the two hours later a super loud apology rant about how they aren’t going to move home or break up. It’s like unavoidable eaves dropping mixed with a soap opera. I think it’s just made even worse by the fact I work from home now.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've mentioned my next door neighbour who was snapchatting my friend. Who was lying about who he is to my friend as he has a longterm girlfriend and kids. He knows I know and often follows me almost like he wants to keep making sure I dont say anything. Not my monkeys....

Anyhow next door also have two little Pomeranians. When they are playing with a ball they scrabble around on the floor with it but I've noticed their ball has kept going over our 6 ft fence into my garden followed by the bloke popping his head up asking for it back then trying to talk to me. I find it bleeping annoying, even more so because I know he is intentionally doing it and it is always when he appears to be alone. The ball never comes over any other time!

In these houses, unlike most British homes, the living room is at the back, the kitchen the front. I'm sat watching TV and I thought I could hear pebbles hitting my back window. I had an argument with my boyfriend yesterday and he went home although it wasnt really in his nature to do that, I thought it was him. My doorbell also rang twice for no one to be there. The pebbles kept happening and it got to a point I had to get my boyfriend to video call me in his flat to prove he wasnt chucking pebbles at my window and ringing my bell running off. When I realised it wasnt him, I turned the lights off and went upstairs.

Then early this morning, while I'm up with the baby and have the back door open the ball comes over. That lad next door is proper eyeballing me. I could feel his eyes all over me when I retrieved the ball. When I threw it over he said "I saw you in just your bra last night and was trying to get your attention"...

I dont know what to do!!! It has creeped me out.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
I've mentioned my next door neighbour who was snapchatting my friend. Who was lying about who he is to my friend as he has a longterm girlfriend and kids. He knows I know and often follows me almost like he wants to keep making sure I dont say anything. Not my monkeys....

Anyhow next door also have two little Pomeranians. When they are playing with a ball they scrabble around on the floor with it but I've noticed their ball has kept going over our 6 ft fence into my garden followed by the bloke popping his head up asking for it back then trying to talk to me. I find it bleeping annoying, even more so because I know he is intentionally doing it and it is always when he appears to be alone. The ball never comes over any other time!

In these houses, unlike most British homes, the living room is at the back, the kitchen the front. I'm sat watching TV and I thought I could hear pebbles hitting my back window. I had an argument with my boyfriend yesterday and he went home although it wasnt really in his nature to do that, I thought it was him. My doorbell also rang twice for no one to be there. The pebbles kept happening and it got to a point I had to get my boyfriend to video call me in his flat to prove he wasnt chucking pebbles at my window and ringing my bell running off. When I realised it wasnt him, I turned the lights off and went upstairs.

Then early this morning, while I'm up with the baby and have the back door open the ball comes over. That lad next door is proper eyeballing me. I could feel his eyes all over me when I retrieved the ball. When I threw it over he said "I saw you in just your bra last night and was trying to get your attention"...

bleeping hell that is beyond creepy.

Reactions: 10

God that must be terrifying. I honestly think I would report him to the police, obviously he hasn't technically committed a crime but to have this behaviour on record in case it gets worse would be a good idea.
I don't know if it's happening elsewhere more now since people are losing their jobs, but in my block (that has a locked front door) parcels are constantly being stolen now, I never remember it happening before. And there are constantly people ringing the front door to get in with clearly made up excuses. Yesterday it was "my front door key won't work" my neighbour refused to open as it was late at night, and so the person said 'ok ill just call my flatmate instead." wtaf?

Reactions: 11
In my old house, my ex used to sleep on the sofa as I hated him but I just had a c section so needed him there. Anyway the floors were ridiculously thin as it was an old building, you could honestly hear people breathing. One night around 1am my ex just had enough, and when he heard the old man upstairs pissing he screamed as loud as he could at the ceiling. A few days later I recieved a handwritten letter in the post from said neighbour. If anyone wants toy see I’ll try find it

• Haha
In my old house, my ex used to sleep on the sofa as I hated him but I just had a c section so needed him there. Anyway the floors were ridiculously thin as it was an old building, you could honestly hear people breathing. One night around 1am my ex just had enough, and when he heard the old man upstairs pissing he screamed as loud as he could at the ceiling. A few days later I recieved a handwritten letter in the post from said neighbour. If anyone wants toy see I’ll try find it
so curious what this letter said!!! I have got various threatening notes from my nightmare neighbours :rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Oh it was not threatening
Good luck trying to read it
I read the first page (struggled through the handwriting but I am an english teacher so used to it :LOL: )I cannot believe they wrote a 2 page letter!

• Haha
Reactions: 1

I second someone saying report it to the police, no it's not a crime yet but you never know when this could turn into something that his a crime and this would be good evidence.

Other than that I don't know if your boyfriend could speak to him and say that isn't on? Otherwise, next time you see him I'd tell him it's inappropriate. I'd also ignore his ball if you can, legit pretend you don't see it even if you are in your garden/kitchen/living room. If all else fails you could try writing a note? i always find they can come across a bit passive aggressive but if you've tried everything then this would do!

Reactions: 7
Oh it was not threatening
Good luck trying to read it
Oh bless him! He obviously felt that guilty about you being disturbed he's tried to explain all the noises from everywhere, including the fact he had the trots! Some people are so funny 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I second someone saying report it to the police, no it's not a crime yet but you never know when this could turn into something that his a crime and this would be good evidence.

Other than that I don't know if your boyfriend could speak to him and say that isn't on? Otherwise, next time you see him I'd tell him it's inappropriate. I'd also ignore his ball if you can, legit pretend you don't see it even if you are in your garden/kitchen/living room. If all else fails you could try writing a note? i always find they can come across a bit passive aggressive but if you've tried everything then this would do!
Yeh I agree, not very feminist of me but when my bf (who is very strong and tall) moved in I made sure that my problematic neighbour knew about it and since then issues with them have stopped (fingers crossed until now anyway)

Reactions: 3
Yeh I agree, not very feminist of me but when my bf (who is very strong and tall) moved in I made sure that my problematic neighbour knew about it and since then issues with them have stopped (fingers crossed until now anyway)
I totally get you but in a situation like this you'd rather you were protected and sadly some men only back off when another guy is on the scene. I hope the issues don't pick up again xxx

Reactions: 4

You need to tell the Police and get them to tell him to back right off.I'd stop giving the ball back as well. I just would refuse to engage with him any further.Hes sexually harrassing you and obviously you dont want him pestering you further. I'd also get some CCTV cameras up.

Last edited:

Sounds to me like he saw you in your bra and then was ringing the doorbell to see if you'd answer it in your undies too!

Get it logged with the police, just in case. And stop engaging with him at all, as others have said. Keep a diary of any further wierd behaviour too x

Reactions: 11
I’ve had minimal problems with my neighbours, touch wood, since my partner moved in about 5 years ago. He looks like a gangster but is actually slow to (public!) anger 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Here's one for you all. Some years ago I lived in an end terrace house. The neighbour next door was a young girl, prone to bouts of schizophrenia if she came off her meds, then it would be all night parties and all-sorts of undesirables being there. She had a toddler, it was awful.

Anyway, one morning I'd taken my son to nursery, I was out half an hour, when I came back, there were bits of my loft insulation on my landing carpet. I then discovered all my jewellery was missing.

I got the police out, they went up in my loft, somebody had come through from next door in the half hour I was gone, pulled my loft hatch up and come into my house. I'd been on holiday the week before and we think that's when they'd chipped out all the bricks in the wall between both lofts.

No evidence to find out who had done it, but I had a suspicion it was the young lady's brother. He was also suspected of another burglary in the street, funny it just so happened I spotted the clothes the police had told me he was wearing at the time on her bloody washing line the day after my burglary! So he got done for that one, if not mine.

I got my internal wall repaired,my loft hatch screwed down and an alarm fitted after that.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Here's one for you all. Some years ago I lived in an end terrace house. The neighbour next door was a young girl, prone to bouts of schizophrenia if she came off her meds, then it would be all night parties and all-sorts of undesirables being there. She had a toddler, it was awful.

Anyway, one morning I'd taken my son to nursery, I was out half an hour, when I came back, there were bits of my loft insulation on my landing carpet. I then discovered all my jewellery was missing.

I got the police out, they went up in my loft, somebody had come through from next door in the half hour I was gone, pulled my loft hatch up and come into my house. I'd been on holiday the week before and we think that's when they'd chipped out all the bricks in the wall between both lofts.

No evidence to find out who had done it, but I had a suspicion it was the young lady's brother. He was also suspected of another burglary in the street, funny it just so happened I spotted the clothes the police had told me he was wearing at the time on her bloody washing line the day after my burglary! So he got done for that one, if not mine.

I got my internal wall repaired,my loft hatch screwed down and an alarm fitted after that.
Jesus. I really feel for you. I’ve been burgled twice over the years. Even now when I come back home after a weekend away my stomach clenches until I realise everything is ok,

• Sad
  • Heart
Jesus. I really feel for you. I’ve been burgled twice over the years. Even now when I come back home after a weekend away my stomach clenches until I realise everything is ok,
Bless you x not nice is it, I feel for you too. Thing is, if I'd not noticed those bits of loft insulation on my landing, they could have been coming through any old time. It was around the time Les Battersby on Coronation Street crawled through into next doors house, we reckon that's where the druggie thickos got the idea from 😥

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
My bad neighbour situation has escalated slightly. A couple of weeks ago I went down whilst red wine drunk to have a go about the music. The music has stopped but I’ve never known a bunch of people slam doors like they do. We’ve been in this flat almost 3 years and never had issues until this lot. In the space of around 2 weeks I’ve been woken up 4 times in the middle of the night by banging (I think it’s doors) or very heated arguments. On Saturday it was the couple in the room below mine- I distinctly heard “you’re a wanker” said a couple of times the two hours later a super loud apology rant about how they aren’t going to move home or break up. It’s like unavoidable eaves dropping mixed with a soap opera. I think it’s just made even worse by the fact I work from home now.
I understand. We have thin walls and I can hear my immediate neighbours’ conversations, hear them scraping their chairs on the floor, their cutlery clanging together. They do not have any carpet or curtains to absorb any noise. Their house is like a tin can.

Get yourself a camera doorbell.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.