Nutritional advice, diet and weight loss

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@StillMe exactly! It also made me realize that a 5 pounds loss is great 👍 I thought ohh only 5 but I could see the difference in pictures. If I didn’t have the pics, I would have felt discouraged even though 5 pounds in a about a month is a normal weight loss. I think you want to lose about 1 pound a week, slow and steady.
Yeah 1 lbs a week is great, and steady weight loss is better for you than rapid weight loss. You're more likely to maintain the weight loss that way. Pictures are a great idea, i didn't take any during, i never thought to. But when i look at before i started to now i can see such a difference and that's so rewarding, more so than standing on scales i think.

Reactions: 3
I’m desperate to lose weight. I have PCOS and have been on and off with slimming world ( I am always hungry on it/ understand others aren’t and that is fine). I am thinking of starting keto ( I am vegetarian). Any thoughts

Reactions: 2
I have been Keto 30 days and love it. It’s a challenge initially. I don’t get hungry much now!

I have a veggie friend who does it with no issues.

Reactions: 1
I’m desperate to lose weight. I have PCOS and have been on and off with slimming world ( I am always hungry on it/ understand others aren’t and that is fine). I am thinking of starting keto ( I am vegetarian). Any thoughts
So since this post, I've been following Team Rh on Facebook, and honestly it just clicked. I'm so over dieting and slimming world/weight watchers/keto/Atkins whatever other fad. It's calorie counting but he sets you on higher calories so you don't feel hungry or deprived and can eat real food! I'd recommend them to everyone now. I'm 8lbs down already, and haven't joined up yet but it's only a fiver a month I think!

I am now at a certain age, an age when my body has cruelly taunted me with "ha ha witch, try and see your toes now".

Aging is tit, as is the menopause. In-between the excruciating headaches, bloating and psychotic behaviour, I have been religiously trying to diet, but all I have succeeded in doing is putting on weight (HUMPH damn you menopause)

I was so depressed about it I even went to the GP and begged for a gastric band; when he finished laughing he suggested the 'Mediterranean Diet" which isn’t an actual diet but eating to help with the systems of aging particularly the menopause, heart disease and all the other horrible things that happen as you get old.

I am loving it, it is easy to stick to, I do not feel deprived at all and slowly the fat is shifting. Also, just make sure you move. I work from home and piled on the weight so I must ensure that I remember to shift my fat arse - not massive exercising but at least (power) walking the dogs every day and anything to get the old ticker going. I also have rediscovered my joy of rolling skating which I gave up more than 30 years ago and my god that makes you sweat.

Good luck with whatever method you choose:)

So since this post, I've been following Team Rh on Facebook, and honestly it just clicked. I'm so over dieting and slimming world/weight watchers/keto/Atkins whatever other fad. It's calorie counting but he sets you on higher calories so you don't feel hungry or deprived and can eat real food! I'd recommend them to everyone now. I'm 8lbs down already, and haven't joined up yet but it's only a fiver a month I think!
I do Team RH too 🙌🏻

Reactions: 1
I dont know if there is another thread but i couldnt see one!

Any tips for quick weight loss?

Shakes/juice diets etc. Heard of the military diet but didnt know if effective?

I know the results wont last but need a quick boost!!!

I gave up diet coke and chocolates and I lost 7lbs in less than 2-3 weeks. I also started to use Slimming World again and increased my gym usages.
I'm doing this as I'm going on holiday in the autumn and really needed to lose weight fast.