Notsosmugnow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I only came across her account when she did that reel with Mamastillgotit, so I haven't followed her for long. But I can't bear it anymore, she does not come across as genuine or relatable. Well... Maybe genuinely smug.

Reactions: 4
Me too - I just realised that watching her wasn’t even entertaining me any more. She clearly reads here but won’t address anything that doesn’t fit with her ‘narrative’ - eg alcohol. It got to the tipping point and the ‘unfollow’ button was clicked!
She has started drinking alcohol free beer though 😂

Reactions: 2
The whole ‘I’m better than you’ narrative. It’s sad isn’t it? Presumably she’s making reference to Tattle with her statement below. If someone wants to put themselves out there on the internet, they need to accept that people have the right to comment if they don’t agree/like what they say. I don’t agree with bullying/trolling by means of sending faceless personal messages, but if someone wants to make an anonymous observation/criticism on here they are within their rights to do so. It doesn’t make me ‘smaller’ than you, Cat. What makes you think I’m not doing as well as you? Because I don’t have 10k followers? Am I a sad and lonely individual who spends my evening looking through Instagram to ‘troll’ on here? Nah I’m doing pretty well thanks. It kills some time when I’m on the train home from work - mindless scrolling to switch off. I have a career (a real one), kids who I like spending time with, great family and friends, a nice house. Why do I ‘waste’ my time posting on here? Because there are certain things that ‘influencers’ like you shouldn’t be allowed to get away with unchecked. Yeah, some of your reels are pretty funny, and that’s why I follow you, for a a laugh. But some of your previous content has been awful, particularly the lockdown stuff about how much you can’t stand your kids. That shouldn’t be allowed. Admittedly you haven’t slagged them off as much recently, so maybe the stuff on here does make you reflect? It’s not cool for influencers to ‘influence’ that it’s ok to hate your kids and speak of them with contempt (satirical or not) - that’s just not ok. And people should be allowed to communicate that without fear of being labelled ‘TROLL’.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13
As someone who suffers with fertility the comment "I'm willing to bet an ovary" is utterly disgusting!
Gives vibes of "I'm so amazing...I'm such a woman I don't even need both of my ovaries"
This has really upset me deeply 😔
I’m so sorry. I wonder if she meant it as a recognition of the value of ovaries, as in ‘I’m so sure I’m right that I’d be willing to bet something of high value (like an ovary)’. It is a sensitive area though and she definitely could’ve been more thoughtful and clear on her meaning.

Reactions: 5
She's made a lot of references to how much she dislikes spending time with her kids, how much she hated home schooling. She makes references to her husband regularly.

It makes the posts that appear to reflect positively on them seem really not genuine.

And I agree with you @Waffledoggy, I don't spend my entire day and night on instagram, taking notes to criticise these people. I have a family (that I love to spend time with!) and career, it is supposed to be some lighthearted entertainment and just kills a bit of time during commutes or while I am cooking dinner haha

Reactions: 6
I’m so sorry. I wonder if she meant it as a recognition of the value of ovaries, as in ‘I’m so sure I’m right that I’d be willing to bet something of high value (like an ovary)’. It is a sensitive area though and she definitely could’ve been more thoughtful and clear on her meaning.
Its good to get another view, thank you. I took the sensitive route as it is an emotional subject for me x

• Heart
Ew her grabbing her arse in that reel with the pink bikini... Someone loves themselves 🤮

Also thought you had to put ad at the front of your post.

Reactions: 3
The ovary comment was absolutely disgusting, she should be ashamed at how insensitive it was.

She hasn’t popped up on my insta for ages, Ive been following her for about two years when she was name checked by one of the insta mummies.

I naively found her some what relatable when i first followed. Husband working away, fed up of the demands of small kids, trying to run a business.... it me!
But she did seem to turn quite mean overnight. It was like without hustle and fox, she had too much time to thing about how much her kids annoyed her 😅
I felt sorry for jimmy being dragged to marriage counselling when all the things she moaned about were her problems.
I wonder what really happened with hustle and fox, like if you were such bezzie mates you’d at least give them some likes to help the page?!

She is quite a tragic figure really. She comes across as extremely dissatisfied with life, and so self conscious that she isn’t as pretty/thin/mumsy as the mummy influencer crew so will churn out these cringe reels to be “the funny one”.

Reactions: 4
I can 100% see why you’d be hurt by it, I’m sorry for your struggles x
Thanks. I messaged her and to be fair she did reply, but it was quite passive aggressive and the post remained unchanged. Enough for me to unfollow...

Thanks. I messaged her and to be fair she did reply, but it was quite passive aggressive and the post remained unchanged. Enough for me to unfollow...
She probably thinks her passive aggressive reply is super relatable and hilarious.

Sorry to hear she made you feel like that!

Is it just me that hates that scrappy, badly cut piece of plastic grass they chucked over their patio? It is the cheapest quality, looks like butcher’s window grass, especially as it butts right up against real grass. It isn’t fitted in any way so is curly at the edges and ruched/rumpled. It looks shocking. I dread to think what the patio underneath looks like if that is an improvement!

• Haha
Oh dear. Another faux pas requiring a public apology, not long since her last one with the weight vest. Yikes.

Thinks she can mock over-weight people now she's walking 20,000 steps a day, bought a Peltoton and hired a personal trainer. Who does she think she is! duck off Cat Sims!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thinks she can mock over-weight people now she's walking 20,000 steps a day, bought a Peltoton and hired a personal trainer. Who does she think she is! duck off Cat Sims!
At least she’s apologised, as trite as it is. Her partner in crime, mamastillgotit, has put the worst non-apology ever on her stories. Basically a ‘sorry if you were offended but I’ve had eating disorders in the past and didn’t mean to be a dick, so I can’t be held responsible…’. What a twit.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
@mamastillgotit what a bloody smug name 🤣🤣🤣
It really is. I think it was supposed to be a tongue in cheek thing that came from her pre-kids career as a model and her getting her mojo back and being able to model post kids but unfortunately it does come across as v smug. She doesn’t help herself in the smug stakes.

I smell bullshit Cat.
One negative comment on the costume, by someone with a tiny account and you've gone full grid post apology. Not your usual style.
Looks like the crappy hostage story didn't get engagement but the fauxpology did.
A new direction beckons...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I smell bullshit Cat.
One negative comment on the costume, by someone with a tiny account and you've gone full grid post apology. Not your usual style.
Looks like the crappy hostage story didn't get engagement but the fauxpology did.
A new direction beckons...
Is that true? I haven’t looked at the comments under the posts. I wonder if she copped a lot of flak in her DMs?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.