Nose piercing - sore lump

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey tattlers

I had a midlife crisis about 3 and a bit months ago and got a nose stud. I’ve since had it changed at 12 weeks (at the piercing place who are very well respected and super hygienic) and I’ve developed a nasty lump above the hole that’s unsightly and stings.

Am I best to leave it? Clean it? If so what with? I’ve put antibiotic gel on it - will that work? My husband took the piss out of me for caving and getting it done so I don’t want to give up!

Any advice welcome!

Prontolind spray is really good for piercing bumps/infections, you can get it on Amazon. Has always cleared mine up whilst they've been healing 😊

I had the bump on my nose piercing too, what worked for me was I crushed up an aspirin tablet and mixed it with a tiny bit of water so it turned into a paste, and I put it on the bump and left it over night for a couple of days and it was gone!

Reactions: 2
I had the bump on my nose piercing too, what worked for me was I crushed up an aspirin tablet and mixed it with a tiny bit of water so it turned into a paste, and I put it on the bump and left it over night for a couple of days and it was gone!
Ooh that’s interesting thank you. I’ll try to get some tomorrow!! X

Reactions: 1
This usually happens because something has irritated the piercing so it's important to try and find the source of the irritation. It might just be because you've switched the jewellery. Have you got a stud or a ring in at the moment? If it's a ring then I'd switch back to a stud because there's less movement to irritate the piercing hole.

If it's a stud then I'd do a sea salt soak twice a day (if you Google it there's loads of sites with instructions, it is super easy though). try not to touch the piercing or wiggle it around, you don't really need to rotate it at all if you're keeping it clean - again constant movement will irritate it. Try and keep it clean from makeup etc.

It's probably best to ask the piercer what they can recommend, haven't had nose bumps but I did use to get ear bumps a ton with my darth, my piercer said best thing I could do was go swimming, it cleared up within 2 days an I've never had bumps again

Reactions: 2
What worked well for me when this happened to me was, cotton wool balls soaking in salt water and holding over the bump for a bit. Cleared up within a week or so

Thank you everyone. I’ve ordered the spray, bought some sea salt and aspirin.

Tattle rocks 😍