Northern Ireland #3 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone here drink barista bar coffee, this house is convinced they put something in it that makes it highly addictive and makes all other coffee taste whack. If that goes bust over night there will be a lot of folks having withdrawal. I'm not even joking there's something to this.
My husband says this Mavis, he gets the shakes if he drinks anything other than barista 😬 I drink coffee at home mostly.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
My husband says this Mavis, he gets the shakes if he drinks anything other than barista 😬 I drink coffee at home mostly.
I knew it!!! We're fecked! I'm drinking a house coffee now and its just not the same.

I knew it!!! We're fecked! I'm drinking a house coffee now and its just not the same.
Our local spar stopped doing barista and changed to frank & honest so he had to drive around til be found barista 🙈 he’s an addict 😂 it must be laced with crack cocaine or something 🤣

• Haha
Sorry to go off topic but this is appalling 😢

Its not off topic, same thing has happened here.
Ooh this is big. Religion was drummed into me at school and home, I even have a wee GCSE in the subject because it was like English and math you had no choice. The only good thing about it was we learned about other religions and ethics. Of course ethics was taught with a Catholic spin and what Nora mentioned earlier was referenced heavily. I still remember the videos we had to watch. I hope they don't do that anymore.

Reactions: 1
Its not off topic, same thing has happened here.

Ooh this is big. Religion was drummed into me at school and home, I even have a wee GCSE in the subject because it was like English and math you had no choice. The only good thing about it was we learned about other religions and ethics. Of course ethics was taught with a Catholic spin and what Nora mentioned earlier was referenced heavily. I still remember the videos we had to watch. I hope they don't do that anymore.
I’m not sure what they teach? I’ve got sons I don’t know if abortion is something they discuss ?

I’m not sure what they teach? I’ve got sons I don’t know if abortion is something they discuss ?
I'm sure it still is, I'm just unsure if they say its wrong like they used to. Something tells me they dance around "circumstances" all or most of the schools still offer gcse religion but I think its optional.

I'm sure it still is, I'm just unsure if they say its wrong like they used to. Something tells me they dance around "circumstances" all or most of the schools still offer gcse religion but I think its optional.
My son had to take it at GCSE it’s school policy

Last edited:
My son had to take it at GCSE it’s school policy
I think religion is taught across the UK from primary school until 18, unless a parent withdraws their child from the lessons. That was just a quick Google though so maybe wrong.

I think religion is taught across the UK from primary school until 18, unless a parent withdraws their child from the lessons. That was just a quick Google though so maybe wrong.
I didn't study religious education once I started GCSEs as certain subject combos didn't permit it (if you took an extra foreign language or extra maths gcse). That was around 2005/2006. It could have changed since then.

Religious education should not be mandatory unless they actually make an effort to teach about different religions and viewpoints. In school our teacher claimed to do that (we learned about Jewish synagogues and practices for about a week once) but it was so Christian centric. Ethics and philosophy would be a much more interesting subject to teach kids.

Eye roll reaction needed
For goodness sake, the last boy mentioned here got off with a 4 month sentence because his medication made him do it and now this animal gets off because he knows it's wrong and it's an addiction. Why did the police have to come knocking if that was the case?

Reactions: 3
For goodness sake, the last boy mentioned here got off with a 4 month sentence because his medication made him do it and now this animal gets off because he knows it's wrong and it's an addiction. Why did the police have to come knocking if that was the case?
I’d doubt he’ll be rehabilitated otherwise he’d have sought help long ago 🙄

I didn’t know there was an Irish version of that show

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Arlenes more important things on her mind, no odds the rest of us are prevented from walking the streets of our own town to make way for bigoted marchers 🙄

Personally I’d be sad to see Bojo go. Few have done more for the “subjugation” of the Union than he. Forever in your debt Boris 😉😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.