Norris Nuts #4 Over worked, under nourished and running out of ideas

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
in the newest vlog when they were in the car brooke was talking about microwavable meals and then she was going to say something and then she was likeeee never mind i think she was going to say what people in the thread have been talking about.....

Reactions: 7
not that i disagree about sabre s handwriting.
but today it not that important.
in the workplace you write on computers.
it may be stiil important at school or at university.not sure this is relevant for sabre.
but she has basic spelling problems( like her siblings). that could be a problem.
on computers today there is a solution for this.
the real problem is that she probably received a very poor education, and has been socially isolated . and i dont see that will change until she is 18.
this will be a real problem for her if she wants to continue to study, at work, in relationships ,etc.
I think it won’t matter for Disco and Charm. When they’re old enough to work, technology will be even more developed and they don’t have to use their handwriting at all.
But for the others it’s still important to have a good handwriting, even though they probably will never go to a real school. I am as old as Sabre but her handwriting is like mine was in the first grade. Having a good handwriting is still important nowadays.

I think it won’t matter for Disco and Charm. When they’re old enough to work, technology will be even more developed and they don’t have to use their handwriting at all.
But for the others it’s still important to have a good handwriting, even though they probably will never go to a real school. I am as old as Sabre but her handwriting is like mine was in the first grade. Having a good handwriting is still important nowadays.
not defending NN handwriting and I do agree it’s important that its neat and not messy. But my parter (24 yo) has similar handwriting skills and hes been to normal school &uni. Not everyone will have a neat style. Also it could be a case where they just dont write a lot by hand. When I dont wite a lot my handwriting goes a bit messier and neatens up the more I write :)

Reactions: 6
not defending NN handwriting and I do agree it’s important that its neat and not messy. But my parter (24 yo) has similar handwriting skills and hes been to normal school &uni. Not everyone will have a neat style. Also it could be a case where they just dont write a lot by hand. When I dont wite a lot my handwriting goes a bit messier and neatens up the more I write :)
I’m the same and agree they’re handwriting isn’t that concerning tbh. At least they’re spelling is mostly correct. They seem to all read quite a bit so probably have good literacy skills, it’s just they’ve probably never had a handwriting lesson or had to care about how their writing looks.

Reactions: 2
I wonder if brooke has bothered to take Disco to speech therapy fir his slow development.

Reactions: 5
not that i disagree about sabre s handwriting.
but today it not that important.
in the workplace you write on computers.
it may be stiil important at school or at university.not sure this is relevant for sabre.
but she has basic spelling problems( like her siblings). that could be a problem.
on computers today there is a solution for this.
the real problem is that she probably received a very poor education, and has been socially isolated . and i dont see that will change until she is 18.
this will be a real problem for her if she wants to continue to study, at work, in relationships ,etc.
Yeah absolutely everything is computer based these days but I guess I still value the skill of handwriting. I mean.. I use it every day writing patient notes and they can be used in court if need be so I probably have a biased view towards it. But if you think like.. card-writing, thank you notes etc.. you'll always need to write something. Agree with the very poor education.

oh men's handwriting is typically much poorer than females! And I do know that not everyone is neat, being a messy adult is common!! But a child's inability to write is a developmental concern. They have a very immature style of writing. School aged children should have developed fine motor skills to be able to write smoothly and consistently, with even sized letters and spaces between the words. That's generally where I was going with this 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Yeah absolutely everything is computer based these days but I guess I still value the skill of handwriting. I mean.. I use it every day writing patient notes and they can be used in court if need be so I probably have a biased view towards it. But if you think like.. card-writing, thank you notes etc.. you'll always need to write something. Agree with the very poor education.

oh men's handwriting is typically much poorer than females! And I do know that not everyone is neat, being a messy adult is common!! But a child's inability to write is a developmental concern. They have a very immature style of writing. School aged children should have developed fine motor skills to be able to write smoothly and consistently, with even sized letters and spaces between the words. That's generally where I was going with this 😅
Handwriting is still an important skill in 2021 and will be in the future even as technology becomes more main stream. They have done studies and found that children with poor handwriting score lower on tests, have poorer play skills and gross motor skills etc. Naz is great at drawing so clearly has good fine motor skills it just seems that the family don’t put any emphasis on handwriting or handwriting being neat. Which makes sense as they don’t seem to prioritise school at all. Their videos always have spelling mistakes etc in them.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Handwriting is still an important skill in 2021 and will be in the future even as technology becomes more main stream. They have done studies and found that children with poor handwriting score lower on tests, have poorer play skills and gross motor skills etc. Naz is great at drawing so clearly has good fine motor skills it just seems that the family don’t put any emphasis on handwriting or handwriting being neat. Which makes sense as they don’t seem to prioritise school at all. Their videos always have spelling mistakes etc in them.
we dont even know if they do school or not tbh, there posting daily stupid videos on YouTube and Instagram to promote that "fashion" , at this point they probably stopped doing school and I ask whh they need to?? 😂
there set for life

Reactions: 2
we dont even know if they do school or not tbh, there posting daily stupid videos on YouTube and Instagram to promote that "fashion" , at this point they probably stopped doing school and I ask whh they need to?? 😂
there set for life
They should continue to go to school because it is a legal requirement until you are 16 years of age I believe.

Doesn’t matter how much money they make from YouTube there are still many benefits from continuing with their school work.

in the newest vlog when they were in the car brooke was talking about microwavable meals and then she was going to say something and then she was likeeee never mind i think she was going to say what people in the thread have been talking about.....
why is no one talking about this...?

Reactions: 3
Their handwriting just shows the lack of home schooling that is going on inside that house.

I find it very strange how we never see any evidence of home school when they have 4 children who should still be in education. When they first started making vlogs we used to always see little clips of them reading and they used to always have books on their bedside tables we don't really see any of that now. I just don't see how they can have time to do all of their school work and film and edit.

I also really wish that Justin or Brooke would have stepped in when Naz gave Biggy her other guinea pig. This was supposed to be her big opportunity to get something of her own and as sweet as it seems to share with her brother, Biggy should not of had the other Guinea pig. He has said so many times that he hates pets and he hates animals. This was supposed to be about Naz.

It makes me think does Naz always share because she knows that her siblings always have one if they don't win or if it isn't about them. Out of all of the Norris nuts she is the one that is the most grateful and humble followed by sabre and I just really wish that she could of had this one thing for herself.

Reactions: 9
I don't know if this is something people have mentioned -I am new to Tattle.life- but I feel like viewers of the Norris Nuts would relate more to them on a number of occasions.

1. If they could buy clothes from less designer places, I don't think they would be needing to ask "legends" to subscribe and buy their merch. They could find perfectly fine clothing for reasonable prices online and in store. Not sure what brands they shop in AUS, but Zara, H&M, Gap, Tea, and many more could be good places for them. This would allow people to match with their favorite YouTubers, how great do you think some 6 year old might feel if they matched with one of the Norris Nuts?

2. To attract more audiences, each Norris Nut could weekly, or daily, record a short video to talk to the "legends" or show them what they are asking for (Day in the life, more surfing and skateboarding, ext.) Name examples (kind of cheesy) : Being with Biggy, Stay with Sabre, Doodle with Nazzy Noodle, Shorts from Sockie.

3. This is just an idea, but they should just move all their channels to one and maximize their views. Use the different videos for each channel and turn them into episodes, also, they should spend less time on their videos for the other channels and do one vlog or maybe two per week so they can do some schoolwork. I think they shoot vlogs Saturdays and Sundays so they can use the week for schoolwork, but it mostly looks like their effort goes to YouTube

Thank you for reading, it is a bit spaced out (I hope its readable)

-- Mad-the-cat
(Please respond with your opinion)

I'm not a parent, but my mom would never feed me microwavable meals as dinner or lunch. I seriously hope that as a mom, Brooke is at least reading the ingredients inside of those meals and -I doubt it- only feeds them as a punishment instead of a home cooked meal.

Sometimes I have thought what it would be like to be a Norris Nut, I don't think its in the way of them being famous, but I would try to be the most normal of the bunch but also responsible, do my schoolwork before YouTube and cook nutritious meals for myself. Brooke may call me fat for being healthy and balanced, but I would ignore it. What do you think you would do?

I just heard about the movie
Dogtooth (2009)
Oh the similarities. Just taking this to the extreme.
I do NOT recommend anyone watch it just read the IMDB page should explain.
You are so right, but the father is switched to a mother...

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
If Sabre does sit her year 12 exams (unless she chooses to go unscored), she will need better handwriting and comprehension to write under timed conditions. Reading letters the NN kids have shown us in the blogs, not only is their handwriting atrocious but their comprehension too!! Unfortunately, I highly doubt that any of them could type something to meet the average writing sophistication according to their ages and it’s quite sad.

• Heart
If Sabre does sit her year 12 exams (unless she chooses to go unscored), she will need better handwriting and comprehension to write under timed conditions. Reading letters the NN kids have shown us in the blogs, not only is their handwriting atrocious but their comprehension too!! Unfortunately, I highly doubt that any of them could type something to meet the average writing sophistication according to their ages and it’s quite sad.
I haven’t watched a lot of their videos recently as I’ve been busy, I need to catch up so I can write more on here again.
But omg I agree with you so much, sometimes I forget how old sabre is. She’s literally 16, and in England she’d have just finished her GCSEs. That’s absolutely crazy to me, I do not think she’d be able to complete a single exam based on what we see of her education level in the videos.

I hope Justin and Brooke are keeping money in savings for the kids for when they get older seeing as they’re the ones that do all the work for YouTube instead of their school work. Because without YouTube, they probs won’t get far in life with no education.

I don't know what the education system in Australia is like but in the U.K we are taught to join up our hand writing at as young a 4-5 years old. Our writing needs to be legible or we will get marked down in exams. We are also marked on spelling, punctuation and grammar. There is no way Sabre would pass a English exam here!

I don't know what the education system in Australia is like but in the U.K we are taught to join up our hand writing at as young a 4-5 years old. Our writing needs to be legible or we will get marked down in exams. We are also marked on spelling, punctuation and grammar. There is no way Sabre would pass a English exam here!
Yes, it’s the same in Australia and I would assume the same standards apply to most places.

I’ve noticed Naz wasn’t in the most recent blog and they didn’t mention anything. Where do you guys think she is? Initially I thought she might have just chosen to do less YouTube but she clearly wasn’t home at all so hopefully, she’s started art classes or is hanging out with friends. Some legends think she may be working on a special project for YouTube but I actually hope that’s not the case and that Naz is away pursuing a social life or art or sometjing

Is wearing long socks a thing these days?..I live an hr away from the NN, and i never see any kids their age wearing them..this running through the shops, and screaming over food, really annoys me..Sabre is 16..I wonder of she ever feels embarrassed over these childish challenges..

I’ve noticed Naz wasn’t in the most recent blog and they didn’t mention anything. Where do you guys think she is? Initially I thought she might have just chosen to do less YouTube but she clearly wasn’t home at all so hopefully, she’s started art classes or is hanging out with friends. Some legends think she may be working on a special project for YouTube but I actually hope that’s not the case and that Naz is away pursuing a social life or art or sometjing
The legend channel NNT
has been following this missing Naz. They don't know either but they suggest it might be an ARG.
Something to interest the kiddies with. Ooo where is Naz?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.