Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Skyeball

Chatty Member
Crushes are normal. I've got one at the moment but I'd never act on it.
The reasons are: 1) first and foremost my personality, I have to have strong emotional connection to enjoy sex, which means by the time I got to wanting to, I'd be feeling in love and it would get messy, fast.
2) Also, my kids are old enough to understand that someone is moving out and why. I couldn't put them through that without breaking them and myself in the process.
3) I have good sex already, I wouldn't be gaining much.
4) I'm tired and work is hard enough without avoiding a particular department because I've shit on my own doorstep.
Advice? Have a nice 10 mins to yourself every now and then with the shower head until it wears off and you go off him..and get on a date night asap with the guy you really love.
Bet you, when some sparks fly between you for a night, the crush guy takes up less headspace.
Have a hug. Being an adult sucks. xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
I said yes and I'm 31, been with my husband 10 years.

I started this thread, I now spend several hours a day pretty much every day with the man in question and can honestly say now I know him there's no attraction 🤣

• Haha
I’d say it’s absolutely normal. I also find that at certain times of the month my hormones go berserk and I fancy everyone who even walks past me!

• Haha

Orange Creme

VIP Member
I have a crush on someone and everytime I forget about him I see him somewhere, like today in Tesco and i say something stupid and make a twat of myself 🙈 like I'm happily married why is this happening to me and why cant he just disappear and leave me alone lol 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5

ComeonLen

I think for me the reason I have a crush on this older guy, especially when I’ve never been into older men before, is because I’m at that age now where people are starting to expect me & my partner to have children and I’m just not ready, in fact I’m actually terrified by the thought of having children :eek: there’s still so much I want to do! Men are ok when they split with women they can just swan off but women are always left with the children and I really don’t want that to happen to me.

An older guy whose been there & done that wouldn’t expect kids from you - in my fantasy world anyway! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4

jewelkitty

Chatty Member
I'm glad you asked that question Ooohthedrama cause ngl I'd be pretty devastated if I found out my partner fancied someone else, whether he acted on it or not!

And no I honestly don't think I would have a one night stand, I'd feel too guilty carrying that around with me and couldn't look my partner in the eye after

Reactions: 4

ComeonLen

I would never up my game, if he’s not satisfied with what he’s got i would leave
Oh don’t get me wrong if it was serious feelings for someone else I wouldn’t be begging anyone to stay, I’d be putting on some Lizzo and cracking open some Rose! But if it was just a harmless crush, I’d help him forget about them quickly 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3

ComeonLen

I’m in a happy long term relationship but I totally have a crush on an older guy who is a bit of a wanker (which I think adds to it!)

And if my bf ever told me he fancied someone else I would damn well up my game to remind him why he’s with me! 😜

Noseynora91

I’m in a happy long term relationship but I totally have a crush on an older guy who is a bit of a wanker (which I think adds to it!)

And if my bf ever told me he fancied someone else I would damn well up my game to remind him why he’s with me! 😜
I would never up my game, if he’s not satisfied with what he’s got i would leave

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Doesn't matter about not being found out. I would know and I don't get enough sleep as it is so I don't need another thing keeping me awake. :rolleyes:
Literally me 🤣🤣
If I do anything wrong I end up telling on myself anyway 😆

Riggs

Its perfectly normal to find someone else attractive but I would say 'having a crush' as such is more than simply thinking someone physically looks hot. When genuine feelings of fancying them and them being affected emotionally by someone else comes into question then in my opinion you are verging on a morally grey area. Though a little different when it comes to a celebrity you are likely to never meet or have any chance in hell of acting on.

spiderpig

Question for everyone, not just the original poster:

Throw it on it’s head....

if you found out your husband really fancied someone else and was thinking about them, would you be hurt?!

ans since were all anonymous.

if you could have a one night stand with someone you fancied, nobody would every find out...
would you do it!?
anyone brave enough to say yes 😂
If no one would find out then yes haha. Hello Tom Hardy!! Get in my bed.

• Haha

ComeonLen

I started this thread, I now spend several hours a day pretty much every day with the man in question and can honestly say now I know him there's no attraction 🤣
This is exactly it, I’ve had crushes before and they always fizzle out once you realise they aren’t this fantasy person you thought they were!

Reactions: 2

Orange Creme

VIP Member
Its perfectly normal to find someone else attractive but I would say 'having a crush' as such is more than simply thinking someone physically looks hot. When genuine feelings of fancying them and them being affected emotionally by someone else comes into question then in my opinion you are verging on a morally grey area. Though a little different when it comes to a celebrity you are likely to never meet or have any chance in hell of acting on.
Yep and when feelings start you can start to question your morals. I find the whole crush thing really distressing personally.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Question for everyone, not just the original poster:

Throw it on it’s head....

if you found out your husband really fancied someone else and was thinking about them, would you be hurt?!

ans since were all anonymous.

if you could have a one night stand with someone you fancied, nobody would every find out...
would you do it!?
anyone brave enough to say yes 😂